What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Back to death loop. Really like the gameplay but have no idea wth is going on with the story lol

Started up Skyrim again, heavily mudded this time now hat most mots work with the AE version. Been having fun with it. Also Playing Hogwarts Legacy, not a bad game

Reactions: Axman
like this
Gotta say the guns jamming in death loop is the most annoying thing ever...
The whole game is an annoying POS. Even the shootbang is terrible. Most things don't hit straight and some guns take 2 shots to the head to kill. Wtf?

The whole game is an annoying POS. Even the shootbang is terrible. Most things don't hit straight and some guns take 2 shots to the head to kill. Wtf?
Omg finally someone else who's experienced this!! Your right I literally use the knife bc the guns are total shit.. I don't know how this game is rated this high...

Omg finally someone else who's experienced this!! Your right I literally use the knife bc the guns are total shit.. I don't know how this game is rated this high...
I tried playing it 3 times. Gave up. It is a terrible game and extremely repetitive and I really didn't like the self talk nonsense. Uninstalled it.

I tried playing it 3 times. Gave up. It is a terrible game and extremely repetitive and I really didn't like the self talk nonsense. Uninstalled it.
I tried to get into it, especially since I loved Dishonored, but I couldn't do it. I just don't get the rave reviews.

Just got my new 7950X3D/4090 build up and running, so I'm going to dive into Atomic Heart and Wo Long.

Just got my new 7950X3D/4090 build up and running, so I'm going to dive into Atomic Heart and Wo Long.
Can u let me know if atomic heart is worth it? I no longer believe reviews online.. Going to Uninstal death loop to play atomic heart if it's worth it

I tried to get into it, especially since I loved Dishonored, but I couldn't do it. I just don't get the rave reviews.
Dishonored gameplay is much much better. Honestly now that you say you loved dishonored I need to play that again. I only got half way and started playing other games. How are the DLC etc?

Black Mesa.
The last time I played this it was the free mod version without Xen.
Looking forward to Vortigaunts and Headcrabs. Who knows, I might give the Half-Life 2 "Update" a whorl since I never played that version.

Last edited:
Black Mesa.
The last time I played this it was the free mod version without Zen.
Looking forward to Vortigaunts and Headcrabs. Who knows, I might give the Half-Life 2 "Update" a whorl since I never played that version.
I played that in December. They added a BUNCH to the end of it. Kind of a neat story. The puzzles get pretty crazy. I started HL2 myself, but got sucked back into Warcraft, haha.

How is atomic heart?

Haven't had a chance to seriously play it yet - it's only Friday for me right now. I fired it up to make sure things were running correctly and that's pretty much it. The first 5 minutes of it look fantastic, very much a "Russian Bioshock" vibe, but I have no idea what the core gameplay is like yet.

I remember the first F.E.A.R. being surprisingly good. Are the rest worth it? I feel I probably didn't get through all of them (oh, only 2 games/ 2 expansions?)

I remember the first F.E.A.R. being surprisingly good. Are the rest worth it? I feel I probably didn't get through all of them (oh, only 2 games/ 2 expansions?)
I have had 1 and 2, recently got the expansions and 3 through a steam sale.

I know 1 and 2 are excellent and canon by the devs, if you care about storyline.
The expansions for 1 were made by different teams and aren't "canon" but I've heard they're still fun
3 is terrible, supposedly, but I have not played it myself. I'll let you know!

I have had 1 and 2, recently got the expansions and 3 through a steam sale.

I know 1 and 2 are excellent and canon by the devs, if you care about storyline.
The expansions for 1 were made by different teams and aren't "canon" but I've heard they're still fun
3 is terrible, supposedly, but I have not played it myself. I'll let you know!
F.E.A.R. 3 is a F.E.A.R. game in name only.

The expansion pack Perseus Mandate is my favorite with Extraction Point a close second. F.E.A.R. 2 takes some getting use to but it's really good.

Make sure you play them on Extreme Difficultly for the best experience. That way the AI can really shine.:)

More Hogwarts Legacy. Yesterday I did upgrade from a 1650 super to RX 6600, I may just restart the entire game and play through and enjoy the main storyline with much much better graphics.

I am probably also going to give Cyberpunk 2077, Shadow the Tomb Raider and Red Dead 2 a try with the new card as well

Picked up the Xbox Series S due to the Verizon promotion and then did the $1 upgrade to get 3 years of Ultimate, but so far no luck in finding anything that sticks for me. I keep trying lots of random stuff, yay for cloud gaming, but as someone who has never been a big console or controller fan it is tough to get into anything. I am just too picky when it comes to what I consider good controls. I think the beta cloud gaming does introduce some lag based off trying Hi Fi Rush and seeing the delay between button presses and when the button registered during the tutorial.

I also discovered the idiotic EA policy of only allowing you to link to one Xbox account in your lifetime. Apparently I linked my Origin account to some random Xbox username I don't remember having and isn't tied to my email addresses I have used forever. This means I can't link it to my account and had to make up a random new EA account.

If anyone has recommendations for gamepass games, I am open to hearing about them. I skip the FPS games though since I would rather play on keyboard and mouse or not at all.

Picked up the Xbox Series S due to the Verizon promotion and then did the $1 upgrade to get 3 years of Ultimate, but so far no luck in finding anything that sticks for me. I keep trying lots of random stuff, yay for cloud gaming, but as someone who has never been a big console or controller fan it is tough to get into anything. I am just too picky when it comes to what I consider good controls. I think the beta cloud gaming does introduce some lag based off trying Hi Fi Rush and seeing the delay between button presses and when the button registered during the tutorial.

I also discovered the idiotic EA policy of only allowing you to link to one Xbox account in your lifetime. Apparently I linked my Origin account to some random Xbox username I don't remember having and isn't tied to my email addresses I have used forever. This means I can't link it to my account and had to make up a random new EA account.

If anyone has recommendations for gamepass games, I am open to hearing about them. I skip the FPS games though since I would rather play on keyboard and mouse or not at all.
There are a lot of games on Game Pass. What kind of games do you prefer? You can always use the "surprise me" option to pick a random game if you can't choose.

Cyberpunk 2077
Hogwarts Legacy
Dead Space
Darktide maybe

I might pick up Wo Long picked up Wild Hearts instead
People are saying Nioh 2 is better I didn't think it was that great it looked good but that is about it.
Plus it was way too hard for me someone on Metacritic said they loved Wild Hearts hoping they are not wrong.
I did own it on EA Pass but only had 9 hours left.

Last edited:
Would like to get a racing gettup for kiddo and I, but just not feasible. be like a $1500 minimum to get into.

lots changed since Dad and I would race together in Nascar 98 on PS1.

World of Warcraft it is then...

Would like to get a racing gettup for kiddo and I, but just not feasible. be like a $1500 minimum to get into.

Not an exaggeration people are getting into racing for real because it's cheaper.

What are you looking at that is $1,500 minimum? You can find decent wheel+pedal kits for as low as $200. I'm currently using a Thrustmaster T248 that is fantastic and it costs $400. Even the pedals it comes with are not bad at all. You can even find decent sim cockpits for $300 or less if you want to go that far, but I am old school with just attaching the wheel to my desk.

What are you looking at that is $1,500 minimum? You can find decent wheel+pedal kits for as low as $200. I'm currently using a Thrustmaster T248 that is fantastic and it costs $400. Even the pedals it comes with are not bad at all. You can even find decent sim cockpits for $300 or less if you want to go that far, but I am old school with just attaching the wheel to my desk.
Steering Wheels (x2)
TV/Monitor
Console/Building a Systtem

Split screen is looking like its dead. Was thinking something free roaming like SnowRunner would be neat. But I don't even know if you can play that with two players on one console.

As usual i play FF games. Right my second playthrough of Final Fantasy 7 on platinum. I must say that nowadays we have really a lot of games to play and having fun with them. It's like when i kinda tired of playing huge stroy based games i try to relax by playing Roblox for example and use roblox aimbot for my game. I think that there can be many games to play and having fun

Last edited:
There are a lot of games on Game Pass. What kind of games do you prefer? You can always use the "surprise me" option to pick a random game if you can't choose.

I think I have just come to accept I am an old gamer who doesn't enjoy modern games. The games I would immediately default to on a console are the games they don't make anymore. I think my problem is I more just look over the complete list and nothing that looks amazing to me or nothing that immediately goes I need to try that. It is a bit sad considering I haven't gamed in about 2 years.

For example, I used to love Project Gotham Racing, but everything now is supercar racing which is usually when I would quit playing. I would much rather race every day street cars, but track racing in regular Forza doesn't do it for me. I may try some of the NFS games, but haven't heard great things about them in a long time. Same thing goes with Burnout, I used to love those games. Tried Forza Horizons 5, which of course looks good, but just didn't get excited with the cars.

I used to love the action adventure games, but everything is now a Souls style game which doesn't do anything for me. The other flipside is everything is loot driven which I never care about. When I play, I want to relax and just destroy a ton of mobs like in Dynasty Warriors, but of course those aren't on there. I used to love the old school wrestling games by THQ/AKI, but those went away. I tried UFC 4, but man I hated those controls and it is just so sluggish to play.

I think I have just come to accept I am an old gamer who doesn't enjoy modern games. The games I would immediately default to on a console are the games they don't make anymore. I think my problem is I more just look over the complete list and nothing that looks amazing to me or nothing that immediately goes I need to try that. It is a bit sad considering I haven't gamed in about 2 years.

For example, I used to love Project Gotham Racing, but everything now is supercar racing which is usually when I would quit playing. I would much rather race every day street cars, but track racing in regular Forza doesn't do it for me. I may try some of the NFS games, but haven't heard great things about them in a long time. Same thing goes with Burnout, I used to love those games. Tried Forza Horizons 5, which of course looks good, but just didn't get excited with the cars.

I used to love the action adventure games, but everything is now a Souls style game which doesn't do anything for me. The other flipside is everything is loot driven which I never care about. When I play, I want to relax and just destroy a ton of mobs like in Dynasty Warriors, but of course those aren't on there. I used to love the old school wrestling games by THQ/AKI, but those went away. I tried UFC 4, but man I hated those controls and it is just so sluggish to play.
I still haven't played "Need for Speed" (remake), because awful company whose name shall not be mentioned made it require sign in, and either their servers are always down or they took the game offline (thereby wasting my money). I'll try my darndest never to buy one of their games again.

Got the Little Rocket Man achievement in HL2: E2, what a pain in the ass.
Now I just started working on Lost Planet 3, yeah I know, but I like most hated games and It's been a min since I last revisited this game.

Got the Little Rocket Man achievement in HL2: E2, what a pain in the ass.
Now I just started working on Lost Planet 3, yeah I know, but I like most hated games and It's been a min since I last revisited this game.

How is Lost Planet 2 and 3? I never played those, forget they even existed. I enjoyed the first game.

Last edited:
How is Lost Planet 2 and 3? I never played those, forget they even exited. I enjoyed the first game.
I never played 2. It isn't sold on Steam anymore because of GFWL bullshit, so Capcom pulled it, same thing with the Colonies version of Extreme Condition. You can still buy it on CDKeys and other places, but in order to get it to work on Steam, there are a few hoops to jump through.

I really like 3, it is nothing like the first except for being on EDIN III and having Akrid in it.

You now have RIGS instead of VS's, which are just massive utillity mechs that don't run off of T-Energy and it's a semi open world sandbox, with areas that change depending on how much time and upgrades you do to your RIG. T-Energy is still in the game but you no longer rely on it to survive, hence you can never freeze to death and there is no meter on it. Instead you use T-Energy as currency to buy weapons and mods for your character. Plus you have side missions and your normal rescue people from the Akrid.

The low level Akrid are about the same as they were in the first game. The high level ones are unique but not as cool IMHO. The graphics are only DX9 and no where as good as the DX10 graphics in the first game. The weapons are a lot better as well. Performance is good, game has some kind of cap that limits you to 62fps.

The control layout is some bogus bullshit, with multiple keys for the same thing and only being able to rebind some of them, I use a script from GlovePIE that works great.

I think it's under $5 because of the Spring sale. If your a completionist like I am, it's around 25-30hrs of content. I would say it's worth the price.

I bought Last Epoch some time ago. All this ARPG talk, fire it up over the weekend.

Totally hooked. Its my current default game. Got me out of the IO grind in World of Warcraft.

Back