What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I'm finding this quite difficult to believe. Fallout series is one of the most easiest games to learn. Conversations with NPCs give instructions on how to use various items, including power armor. Basic functionality? WSAD, which can be customized in Settings, can be changed to your liking.

Pressing every button on the keyboard and nothing happened? Wut?

Complicated? See the first few sentences.

Fallout 3 was one of your favorite games yet Fallout 4 wasn't because you couldn't do anything? That, in of itself, is complete bullshit. The controls are practically the same. Basically the only features added were settlements, different ways to enhance power armor through skills and addition of multiple crafting elements to enhance your effectiveness on the battlefield.

Tips? Instructions? Every crafting element needed to produce an item, build a shelter, everything is provided in game. Want to cook up a mirelurk cake? Ingredients listed in the recipe. Want to build a bed? Components listed in the recipe. Want to build a prefabricated house? Components listed in the recipe. Want to upgrade your weapons? Components listed in the recipe.

If you need help, ask. A multitude of members here, myself included, would be glad to help you understand the game.

And, finally, yes I do have over 5,000 hours in Fallout 4. Specifically, 5,471.1 hours.

View attachment 538959

Keeping with the spirit of the thread, I spent a great deal of time with my GF but got in a good amount of gaming time while she was at work. Most of which was spent in Fallout 4 with about an hour spent in Forge of Empires. Downloaded a couple of mods for FO4 which enhanced gameplay, as posted earlier in the thread.
Maybe it just wasn't intuitive. I never had a single issue or slowdown with Fallout 3. Fallout 4 had new features like the suit and crafting it or whatever. I never crafted anything in fallout 3. Never used a suit in fallout 3. I never fast traveled in fallout 3 either. These new elements I didn't know how to figure out. Not sure if I have the time to go searching for settlers to tell me in game to teach me. I feel like it should have been easier to understand.

Maybe it just wasn't intuitive. I never had a single issue or slowdown with Fallout 3. Fallout 4 had new features like the suit and crafting it or whatever. I never crafted anything in fallout 3. Never used a suit in fallout 3. I never fast traveled in fallout 3 either. These new elements I didn't know how to figure out. Not sure if I have the time to go searching for settlers to tell me in game to teach me. I feel like it should have been easier to understand.

Fallout 4 is a "walk in the park" vs Fallout 3/New Vegas.

It was designed for the masses.... I don't understand your issue with the game, but please post all questions in the F4 thread and someone will help you!

This vid inspired me to re-install F76 -

I've considered trying mafia, how many hours were they?

Google "game title" how long to beat.

Website shows average playtime and for me is fairly accurate. Mafia 3 is around 36 hours. It was playable, but didn't run great and was very generic. I can think of many other games to play over that.

If you're looking for shorter games to play:

- Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy
- Wolfenstien reboot series including Old Blood and Youngblood
- Tomb Raider reboot trilogy
- Ace Combat 7 & Seasons Pass DLC
- Spiderman & Spiderman Miles Morales
- A Plague Tale Innocence & Requiem
- Resident Evil 7, 8 and 2 and 3 Remake
- Dishonored, Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider

Those are typically 12-30 hours or less.

Challenge accepted.

AnyActiveAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif

- Uncharted 4 & Lost Legacy

- Tomb Raider reboot trilogy

- Spiderman & Spiderman Miles Morales

- Dishonored, Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider

Those are typically 12-30 hours or less.
These are the ones I am interested in. Spiderman & Miles Morales is for sure going into the library at some point %100 certain. The others I will look into. Thanks for the heads up, appreciate the recommendations coming from an actual forum member rather than a gaming review website.

Fallout 4 is a "walk in the park" vs Fallout 3/New Vegas.

It was designed for the masses.... I don't understand your issue with the game, but please post all questions in the F4 thread and someone will help you!

This vid inspired me to re-install F76 -

I think I did post my questions as I was giving it a shot last time. But ok, I appreciate the help offered. I may revisit Fallout 4 because honestly Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games of all time believe it or not. The atmosphere of "post-apocalyptic" earth was mesmerizing to me and discovering new land was thrilling.
Also, not sure if I should just skip Fallout 4 and just get Fallout 76 instead?

I think I did post my questions as I was giving it a shot last time. But ok, I appreciate the help offered. I may revisit Fallout 4 because honestly Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games of all time believe it or not. The atmosphere of "post-apocalyptic" earth was mesmerizing to me and discovering new land was thrilling.
Also, not sure if I should just skip Fallout 4 and just get Fallout 76 instead?

Get Fallout 4.... and mod it

I'm trying to get into the Callisto Protocol, but am struggling. Between performance issues and questionable gameplay decisions, I dunno if this one is gonna work for me.
After plaything through NFS: Unbound, I'm tempted to reinstall Forza Horizon 5, which is the same concept but better in nearly every way.

Currently half way through the original Half-Life. First time getting this far in the game. When the game first came out, I think I only played a bit of the beginning and then stopped. If I'm honest, I think the original Quake aged far more gracefully than Half-Life. Still a good game though.

Did play Black Mesa back when it was a free mod but never completed it. Just wanted to experience Half-Life in its original form since I hadn't done that "fully" before.
I think there's a certain quality and charm to the original that is lacking from Black Mesa. But Black Mesa is still cool and fun.

Get Fallout 4.... and mod it
I redownloaded it with the intention of giving it another shot.

Also Spiderman remasterd is down to about 28 on cd key selling websites I almost pulled the trigger but held off as I have 73 other games in queue lol

I can partly understand Fallout 4 crafting issues but general game play is still generally the same as it is in Fallout 3. However, there are certainly many videos out on the web which would show you how to do crafting. Like this one:

or this one:

Check out the Fallout 4 thread. It's got lots of information as well. I know I have a ton of posts helping people or showing off.

https://hardforum.com/threads/fallout-4.1765407/

Let me know if you need help.

As far as what I played this past weekend, it was Fallout 4. All weekend. Broke 5,500 hours. If this keeps up Fallout 4 will break my Fallout 3 record of 16,000+ hours invested.

1673310341492.png

Tried playing RDR2 and about to uninstall after realizing it's not a game. Just a visual novel with an excessive amount of buttons. Please tell me cyberpunk isn't the same thing?

Coming off of finishing BOTW and vampire survivors. BOTW exceeded the hype. Vampire survivors was solid fun.

Last edited:
Tried playing RDR2 and about to uninstall after realizing it's not a game. Just a visual novel with an excessive amount of buttons. Please tell me cyberpunk isn't the same thing?

Coming off of finishing BOTW and vampire survivors. BOTW exceeded the hype. Vampire survivors was solid fun.
Cyberpunk 2077 is most definitely not the same.

Started up a new character on the new FFXI classic private server Horizon XI. Damn the game was tough back then.

Finished up Mafia: DE, got all the achievements except playing on Classic difficulty, even the Not Classy one.

Started Mafia II: DE, and I have to say they really did a bad job on the remaster with this one. The first one looks and runs way better. The classic version of Mafia II that I've played a shitload of times looked and played better as well.

The PhysX is so broken, even after deleting the cloth sub folder out of the Apex folder hack, I'm still getting shimmering and cloth is still bouncing when standing in place, I think I might just disable it smh.

I picked this up as I love warships, and sunk thousands of hours into world of warships, but had to stop playing due to the greasy methods of Wargaming.
This gas is...meh. Doesntg tax my GPU, CPU, or RAM, but in battles, it runs like trash. The campaign is lacking so much....yah, i can research stuff and move ships, but there is no diplomacy. I get annoyed of not fighting and try to pick a fight....sail ships near another nations port and wait to see if the AI gets mad. Cant initiate anything.
Game has potential, but it seems like this is an alpha. Been over a month since the last update.
I have been playing the beta 1.1....it is getting better, but still a bit off.

My foibles lately are:

The targeting took a step backward in the last patch.

You can initiate a naval invasion now, but only against a major nation...

Need oil and want to invade Iraq? Sorry. Blockades are a lot easier now.

Then it always seems I am at war....peace with American lasts four turns and before I cant even demobilize they have declared war again.

Been playing a lot of Ember Knights lately. Definitely one of the better Rogue Lites I've played. Feels like a lot of elements drawn from Hades and Zelda:LTTP

Finished up Mafia: DE, got all the achievements except playing on Classic difficulty, even the Not Classy one.
It wouldn't be so hard to get the classic difficult achievement if not for the fact they made the racing mission near impossible. They removed the shortcut you could take in the original game which would have made it a lot more fair.

It wouldn't be so hard to get the classic difficult achievement if not for the fact they made the racing mission near impossible. They removed the shortcut you could take in the original game which would have made it a lot more fair.
I haven't even given it a try yet, maybe in a year or 2. I'm just finishing up the Joe's Adventures DLC in Mafia II.

Besides some combat challenges and whatever, I've just about through Arkham City. Only need to finish one side mission and I'm done.
Up next is Arkham Knight. Apparently the downloadable code I got is for the UK version. Fortunately I at some point, most likely my first play through, bought it for the PS4.

Probably going to get the NG+ achievement in The Callisto Protocol and then continue trying to finish the achievements up in The Witcher 3 on Xbox before I move onto concentrating on the PC version.

Decided to replay all the Sniper Ghost Warrior games. (I don't have the Contract games)
I breezed through the first 2, the 3rd takes a little longer. At least the Cryengine in this one is better than the 2nd.

Back