What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Well if you think field dressing a deer isn't as bad as your son watching Doom Eternal, then I have nothing else to say.
Thanks for your honesty.
If you cannot find the distinction of preparing game for food vs pure violence and gore for entertainment, then I too have nothing else to say.

Played Vampire Survivors last night. Needed a kick back game after this weekend. I think I'm going to fall back into Warcraft though. ugh

Attempted to finally play RDR2 after much reading of hype and so on. After 10 hours of trying I can't take it any longer. Such a slow burdensome fetch quest game. Wish you could gift games purchased to someone else.
This is exactly how I felt about it also. Same feeling for AC Odyssey, and Witcher 3, and Dark Souls 3. After 10 to 20 hours of these games it's just unbearable and torture to keep pressing on. Maybe I just don't have the time or patience to trade in exchange for the "rewards" of playing them for 50 to 100 hours. I'm a 10 to 20 hours type of gamer as far as story driven games. Think of Arkham games can be 20 squeezed or 50 stretched out. That's my sweet spot.

Back to Fallout 4 for a bit to test out a few new to me mods. Downloaded a couple of mods which turn Acadia interior and exterior into settlements. Both work perfectly and now I can turn the place into a proper settlement. Still in the pre-planning stage but with what I've got in mind I believe it'll turn out great without breaking lore.

After this past weekend I think I'm up around 5,400 hours invested. 😳
Tried this one too. No tips or tutorials in game how to basically play the game. Never figured out how to travel fast or use the suit. Basic functionality was not possible. I pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing happened. It was overly complicated. Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games. Fallout 4 was complicated to the point where I didn't have the time to figure out basic playability. Threw in the towel after 10 hours. Games without simple tips or tutorials shouldn't even be an option. There needs to be a tips option you can turn on or off in the menu. Also over 5000 hours on a single game? Unbelievable, really.

This is exactly how I felt about it also. Same feeling for AC Odyssey, and Witcher 3, and Dark Souls 3. After 10 to 20 hours of these games it's just unbearable and torture to keep pressing on. Maybe I just don't have the time or patience to trade in exchange for the "rewards" of playing them for 50 to 100 hours. I'm a 10 to 20 hours type of gamer as far as story driven games. Think of Arkham games can be 20 squeezed or 50 stretched out. That's my sweet spot.
Yup, I had the same issue with Witcher 3. Didnt try the others you mentioned. About 4 hours in I was just using the horse to explore all over. Went back to the main camp and the leader guy giving me a cutscene that I didn't put enough money in the camp funds accelerated the downward spiral. The fact there was a gauge for the health of the horse because he was "dirty" was enough to piss me off right from the start. At least I only wasted $15 on it. Bah.

Picked up Death Stranding for Free on Epic giveaway the other day... also decided to finally buy the 2 DLC expansions for Doom Eternal (loved that game back in 2020 and could go for that type of action again).

About half of the games that are 40-60 hours are just too long for what they are. The problem is the excess of side activities kills the story flow and pacing.

FF7 Remake was around 42-45 hours for me, and that game was an exception. I didn't feel like there was much wasted time at all. Everything was story related aside from a few small side quests in some of the hubs. I had fun throughout the game, but like I said it was 90% story missions.

Well if you think field dressing a deer isn't as bad as your son watching Doom Eternal, then I have nothing else to say.

I was about 5 when my dad took me hunting with him. I think it's good to learn where food comes from early. I know plenty of grown-ass adults who freak out when they see a head-on chicken.

I was about 5 when my dad took me hunting with him. I think it's good to learn where food comes from early. I know plenty of grown-ass adults who freak out when they see a head-on chicken.
Yeah I was 6 when I shot and dressed my first hog with my dad and uncle. I enjoyed the .30-06 more than the hog that day.

Reactions: Axman
like this
Yup, I had the same issue with Witcher 3. Didnt try the others you mentioned. About 4 hours in I was just using the horse to explore all over. Went back to the main camp and the leader guy giving me a cutscene that I didn't put enough money in the camp funds accelerated the downward spiral. The fact there was a gauge for the health of the horse because he was "dirty" was enough to piss me off right from the start. At least I only wasted $15 on it. Bah.
You must be thinking about another game because there is nothing like that in The Witcher 3.

Speaking of The Witcher 3, I got sucked into that trying out the update, so I guess I'm doing another playthrough...
With settings fully maxed at 4K with RT on and DLSS Quality, that game brought my 3090 to it's knees. Gonna need a 4090 if I want to replay that game again with the new eye candy.

Got a Zotac 4080 (failed to get a 7900xtx) and a LG C2 42" 4k tv this last week so right now checking out some older games to see how they look compared to 1080p gaming. Huge difference! Probably going to buy CyberPunk 2077 this weekend and give it a whirl. I have like over 30 games on my Steam wish list so I plan on doing some serious game shopping during the winter sale now that I have 4k.

About to start playing Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection. Can't wait to see what all the hype is about since I've never owned them on a Playstation.

Starting with the 4th one, 124Gb is pretty big for 2 old console ports, remastered for the PC or not.

Got a Zotac 4080 (failed to get a 7900xtx) and a LG C2 42" 4k tv this last week so right now checking out some older games to see how they look compared to 1080p gaming. Huge difference! Probably going to buy CyberPunk 2077 this weekend and give it a whirl. I have like over 30 games on my Steam wish list so I plan on doing some serious game shopping during the winter sale now that I have 4k.
The difference between 4K and 1080 is night and day. Hell, even 1440 and 4k is night and day. There is no going back from 4k, its amazing....

Cyberpunk even to this day has bugs. I tried to start playing it then the escape button stopped working all of a sudden. Couldn't play anymore.

Cyberpunk even to this day has bugs. I tried to start playing it then the escape button stopped working all of a sudden. Couldn't play anymore.
Sorry to hear that. I know its a buggy game but I hear its playable now at least. I figure grab it at a discount and give it a go. I also hear there are quite a few mods now to enhance the gaming experience so maybe it wont be too bad.

About 20 years ago, I went through an IBP plant. We started on the kill floor and ended with packaged New York steaks. It was sad watching all those cows being killed...but at the end, I did crave a steak.

I've been playing Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts. Problem is it seems to crash now whenever I launch the game. Lost my whole campaign.

Currently playing through the original Half-Life. I don't think I've ever completed the game before. Actually, I don't think I've ever gotten very far in it before either.

Sorry to hear that. I know its a buggy game but I hear its playable now at least. I figure grab it at a discount and give it a go. I also hear there are quite a few mods now to enhance the gaming experience so maybe it wont be too bad.
I must be one of the few who played it on release and never encountered any game breaking bugs... lol.

I got Black Mesa and Portal RTX on deck

what-year-is-it-robin-williams.jpg

Tried this one too. No tips or tutorials in game how to basically play the game. Never figured out how to travel fast or use the suit. Basic functionality was not possible. I pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing happened. It was overly complicated. Fallout 3 was one of my favorite games. Fallout 4 was complicated to the point where I didn't have the time to figure out basic playability. Threw in the towel after 10 hours. Games without simple tips or tutorials shouldn't even be an option. There needs to be a tips option you can turn on or off in the menu. Also over 5000 hours on a single game? Unbelievable, really.

I'm finding this quite difficult to believe. Fallout series is one of the most easiest games to learn. Conversations with NPCs give instructions on how to use various items, including power armor. Basic functionality? WSAD, which can be customized in Settings, can be changed to your liking.

Pressing every button on the keyboard and nothing happened? Wut?

Complicated? See the first few sentences.

Fallout 3 was one of your favorite games yet Fallout 4 wasn't because you couldn't do anything? That, in of itself, is complete bullshit. The controls are practically the same. Basically the only features added were settlements, different ways to enhance power armor through skills and addition of multiple crafting elements to enhance your effectiveness on the battlefield.

Tips? Instructions? Every crafting element needed to produce an item, build a shelter, everything is provided in game. Want to cook up a mirelurk cake? Ingredients listed in the recipe. Want to build a bed? Components listed in the recipe. Want to build a prefabricated house? Components listed in the recipe. Want to upgrade your weapons? Components listed in the recipe.

If you need help, ask. A multitude of members here, myself included, would be glad to help you understand the game.

And, finally, yes I do have over 5,000 hours in Fallout 4. Specifically, 5,471.1 hours.

1672677693514.png

Keeping with the spirit of the thread, I spent a great deal of time with my GF but got in a good amount of gaming time while she was at work. Most of which was spent in Fallout 4 with about an hour spent in Forge of Empires. Downloaded a couple of mods for FO4 which enhanced gameplay, as posted earlier in the thread.

I didn't even know this was a thing! :oldman:
3 years old, at this point. Only released on consoles. You're not missing anything, though. It looks worse while also now having all the issues that come with UE4 and still running at only 30 FPS. It runs at static 1080p instead of 720p now, so that's good, I guess.

3 years old, at this point. Only released on consoles. You're not missing anything, though. It looks worse while also now having all the issues that come with UE4 and still running at only 30 FPS. It runs at static 1080p instead of 720p now, so that's good, I guess.
Yeah but I didn't have to drag either my PS3 or PS4 out to play it. ;) One of them came as a downloadable game and not a disc so we'll see what that brings. Arkham Origins is not on the PS4 so that's a bummer.

The thought did cross my mind something seemed off about an hour into the game, but at that point I was an hour into it and again...didn't want to drag out my PS3 to compare to the original. Though to give Origins a play through I might have to.

I've been playing Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts. Problem is it seems to crash now whenever I launch the game. Lost my whole campaign.
I picked this up as I love warships, and sunk thousands of hours into world of warships, but had to stop playing due to the greasy methods of Wargaming.
This gas is...meh. Doesntg tax my GPU, CPU, or RAM, but in battles, it runs like trash. The campaign is lacking so much....yah, i can research stuff and move ships, but there is no diplomacy. I get annoyed of not fighting and try to pick a fight....sail ships near another nations port and wait to see if the AI gets mad. Cant initiate anything.
Game has potential, but it seems like this is an alpha. Been over a month since the last update.

Last edited:
Finished The Lost Legacy.
Going to start Mafia: Definitive Edition since I've never played it.
I've got an hour into the OG version, I hope this one is better since it's been remastered. I love all the other ones.

I picked this up as I love warships, and sunk thousands of hours into world of warships, but had to stop playing due to the greasy methods of Wargaming.
This gas is...meh. Doesntg tax my GPU, CPU, or RAM, but in battles, it runs like trash. The campaign is lacking so much....yah, i can research stuff and move ships, but there is no diplomacy. I get annoyed of not fighting and try to pick a fight....sail ships near another nations port and wait to see if the AI gets mad. Cant initiate anything.
Game has potential, but it seems like this is an alpha. Been over a month since the last update.
Are you talking about world of warships or ultimate admiral dreadnoughts?

Finished The Lost Legacy.
Going to start Mafia: Definitive Edition since I've never played it.
I've got an hour into the OG version, I hope this one is better since it's been remastered. I love all the other ones.
I've considered trying mafia, how many hours were they?

Back