What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Crysis1 remastered but it has audio bugs and a crash to desktop so taking a break and replaying Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice for a second time. It'll be my first since its ray tracing graphics upgrade. Also, playing lots of World of Warships too.

After saying I would never attempt this when the game first came out, it is done!
1669528981760.png

Not sure, some The Division 1 Global Event Strike. I'll find something in my Steam backlog to play lol. Or a game on the Steam Autumn Sale.

Or continue Ghost Recon Wildlands Tier 1 leveling

Started playing Vampire Survivors and Mindustry.

Vampire Survivors is a fun time waster. Good gameplay loop.

Mindustry is fun with a lot of options to unlock and build up your bases with.

I tried that Warzone game. I can't do it. Its not good for me. I get all spooled up, I can't do better than <100th, and its a lot of waiting around. 11pm hits before I know it and I'm no good the next day. I can see how people can really get into it, I just can't.

I'm just going to go back to finishing Black Mesa, then replay HL2, and I bought Doom Eternal which I'll give a shot.

Online shooters just aren't for me I guess.

FWIW, Warzone is junk, just like every BR game out there... lol. My option of course, but I find them incredibly boring. Sure, close to the end can be fun, but why should i waste time to get there? Now Hardcore (Teir 1 in MW2) Domination; I'll play that all day. Fast paced, quick 15 minute rounds... lots of fun.

FWIW, Warzone is junk, just like every BR game out there... lol. My option of course, but I find them incredibly boring. Sure, close to the end can be fun, but why should i waste time to get there? Now Hardcore (Teir 1 in MW2) Domination; I'll play that all day. Fast paced, quick 15 minute rounds... lots of fun.
I liked the "gun game" modes in shooters. those I could do. where everyone starts off with the same gun, and worth their way through. that wasn't bad.

I liked the "gun game" modes in shooters. those I could do. where everyone starts off with the same gun, and worth their way through. that wasn't bad.
Yeah, that's kind of why I like "Hardcore" in MW2. It's as close to "Instagib" from Unreal Tournament that you can get these days. Doesn't matter how sweaty you have leveled stuff up... 1~2 shots to kill it doesn't matter so much. Just flick the mouse and start shooting! Sure, some loadouts are better than others, but does not take long to unlock enough to make the gun an ADS and Bullet Velocity beast for that mode.

finally bought
Yeah, I enjoyed Apex Legends so much morer

I picked up Spiderman Remastered over the weekend. It's a really fun and beautiful game so far.

My only gripe is that there isn't much variety in the random crime missions. I can't count how many times I've done pretty much the same drug busts, car chases, or saving civilians from accidents followed to a car chase which caused it.

I only really got tonight to try and play more of Jedi Fallen Order. I just unlocked the first (?) alt worlds to go to. I like it, but controls (with controller) are pretty clunky. Responsive, but feel like I'm driving a Buick a bit.

I only really got tonight to try and play more of Jedi Fallen Order. I just unlocked the first (?) alt worlds to go to. I like it, but controls (with controller) are pretty clunky. Responsive, but feel like I'm driving a Buick a bit.

run it at 30 fps, and the chunkiness goes away (in exchange for fantastic slowness).

love all these successful console games where they just don't bother fixing unintentional stutter years later

Bayonetta 3
Gotham Knights
God of War Ragnarok
Ass Creed Valhalla expansion
MW2

Too many games.

Jumped back into BF2042 for the double XP weekend. Enjoying the new map and of course, Exodus CQ with the old maps. After playing MW2 for the last few weeks, kinda bored of it already.

run it at 30 fps, and the chunkiness goes away (in exchange for fantastic slowness).

love all these successful console games where they just don't bother fixing unintentional stutter years later
Yep, parry window is designed for 30fps and is framerate dependent :( anyway.

I had no problem playing Fallen Order on PC years ago. Only issue was last 2 boss fights sucked ass so I had to reduce difficulty.

Just picked up Undecember. It's free to play with option of purchasing packs. Here's a good review of the game:

Is anyone else REALLY bad at finishing games?

Here are just some of the games I've started, but never finished:

Katamari Damacy
Mega Man 4
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Ratchet and Clank
Red Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3

Katamari Damacy
Mega Man 4
Ratchet and Clank
Red Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
I am. I can't even be bothered to finish GoWR...

Katamari Damacy
Mega Man 4
Ratchet and Clank
Red Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Yes. I would be too embarrassed to make my list lol. It would be a minimum of 3 times as long as this. Maybe 4. I don't think I have finished any games except the Batman Arkham games which took me about 2 years each lmao 🤣

Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Yes, but aside from maybe sunshine, I dunno how you couldn't finish these. They've got a great storyline, and the music is fantastic as well. Battle system varies from great to meh, but if you can get past that they're all great games.

Currently playing Slice & Dice. Pretty fun, can't quite beat Hard mode.

Hooked on World of Warships. I'm complete shit at the game, am the first to die every round, but I'm stubborn and can't stop playing.

Spider Man Miles Morales. Uncharted The Lost legacy. A Plague Tale - Requiem.

Possibly - CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION. Releases next week but might wait a few weeks because I assume it will need patches.

Path of Exile 3.20 releases on Friday. I'm going to play the new league mechanic and try the new skills and atlas tree, etc. Looks like they fixed Archnemesis and hopefully the loot system. The last league was such a disappointment. This league will make or break PoE.

Undecember

Learning rune system to get the most bang from the bow. Have sword config set as backup. Spending a ton of in-game coin rewards to config the rune side colors and upgrading levels.

Path of Exile 3.20 releases on Friday. I'm going to play the new league mechanic and try the new skills and atlas tree, etc. Looks like they fixed Archnemesis and hopefully the loot system. The last league was such a disappointment. This league will make or break PoE.
Are Divines and Exalts still swapped? I hated that.

Playing The Evil Within. Never played it before, so far it is definitely weird. I have the second one as well, hoping they both are good through to the end.

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5 edition).
It's... somewhat above average I guess...
The worst part is the HDR implementation (or lack therefore of?). Dark scenes feel WAY too dark. But daytime scenes look correct. So adjusting the in-game brightness so that you can actually see anything in night scenes just makes all the daytime scenes look like blown out garbage.
The graphics are pretty strange overall as well. Most of the time the game looks like dog shit. But there are certain scenes that look REALLY good. Similar to the HDR performance, it just doesn't make any sense.

Katamari Damacy
Mega Man 4
Ratchet and Clank
Red Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Not being being able to finish Castlevania: Symphony of the Night what blasphemy! I actually beat it when I was younger and replayed it again 20 years later bc I forgot a lot of the game, still epic. Mario rpg was great but at my age I just don't have the patience for turn based rpg games..

Finished The Callisto Protocol this past weekend with all achievements on the Series X. Working my way through Dead Space 3 now. If anybody is interested in helping me with the coop achievements on Xbox, let me know. I got a rando to do the coop mission on Chapter 4 with me, but I don't know if that luck will hold up.

Katamari Damacy
Mega Man 4
Ratchet and Clank
Red Dead Redemption 2
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario RPG
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Sunshine
Bloodborne
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
I got all the achievements on Katamari Damacy: Reroll. Doing so makes me never want to touch another one of those games again. It only took me about 5 hours to get every achievement but one. The last one is rolling up everything in the game. That took me another 50 hours on that achievement alone.

I have never gotten through any of the Mario RPGs,

I got all the achievements in the entire Dark Souls series on Xbox. I was working my way to that on PC, but lost the motivation trying to do SotFS again. I swear I'll get back to it at some point.

Finished The Evil Within.
Have to say that it was one of the weirdest and most fucked up games I have ever played. And I loved it!
Starting the second one, hope it's as good or better.

Back