What are you nerds playing this weekend?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Goldsphere

Finally got a much improved English translation. I'm about 8 hours in and it's fantastic - definitely check this out if you like old-school STALKER (stuff like OGSE, STALKERSOUP, NS, etc). Lots of interesting quests, really well done progression curve, and so far no crashes which is rare for these types of standalone builds.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/goldsphere-completion

Tried the Riftbreaker on gamepass. Fantastic little base builder. Factorio light with more and better combat.
Likely going to buy the DLC.

Tried the Riftbreaker on gamepass. Fantastic little base builder. Factorio light with more and better combat.
Likely going to buy the DLC.
I loved the demo and pre ordered as a result, been to busy to actually play it but cant wait

It's good. Everybody hangs onto the coop and "action" ruining the game, but that is far from the truth. It's not nearly as good as DS2, but it is on par with the first game for me. The story wraps up the trilogy really well if you play through it with the expansion DLC.
Checking back in. Decided to give it a shot and I see what you mean about it being more action-oriented. Really I think they missed an opportunity to change the combat more significantly, it really just feels like a half-assed attempt to change things while it still largely is the same.

I preferred the old system of upgrading weapons too, the new one feels even more generic, another missed opportunity imo. I also did not feel like they did a good job on the suit upgrades. They don't even really tell you "this suit gives more armor" it's just kinda like, well this is a new one I just got so I might as well equip it. It was better in DS2 where different suits gave different bonuses.

And the crafting system was okay. I didn't do tons of experimentation, but I crafted a shotgun with a flamethrower and used it throughout the game. I can see how you could have 4 weapons with this system, but if you keep the cutter like I did you effectively only have 3. So that kinda sucked.

I'm not going to say much about the story except that the end sequence was kind of comical, you go through all this stuff to get to the final battle, whilst the chief bad guy and your ally just seem to have already easily made it there before you, I found that to be funny. Overall definitely worth playing, but agree that it's not as good as the first 2. And the remaster of the first ought to make it a lot better.

I am set for the weekend.

Started God of War Ragnarock and already spent 2.5 hours in it last night.
Bought Bayonetta 1, 2 and 3 for Switch. Will be first set of games I play on the damn thing.
Already pumping Plague Tale 2.
Have COD MW2 for my MP fix.
Also have Uncharted on PC but I already recently finished Lost Legacy and was on chapter 8 for Uncharted 4 on PS5.

Gaming heaven right now.

1668071851509.png

I am set for the weekend.

Started God of War Ragnarock and already spent 2.5 hours in it last night.
Bought Bayonetta 1, 2 and 3 for Switch. Will be first set of games I play on the damn thing.
Already pumping Plague Tale 2.
Have COD MW2 for my MP fix.
Also have Uncharted on PC but I already recently finished Lost Legacy and was on chapter 8 for Uncharted 4 on PS5.

Gaming heaven right now.
Gamer ADD right here, lol.

Playing Ragnarok for at least the next 60 hours I'm in front of a TV until I platinum it.

Last edited:
didn't realize a plagues tale innocence has a demo - will be trying that out this weekend on my htpc

Requiem will require a system upgrade before I can play it

Reactions: t1k
like this
I started playing WoW again and am looking forward to Dragonflight. Some StarCraft Remastered also. I want to give Dota 2 and Overwatch 2 a try soon as well since I've never played those.

And once WarCraft III Reforged and CODMWII get some more bugfixes I will probably grab them.

I dunno, F.E.A.R. 2 , finish Black Mesa which I keep putting off. The last map, Xen is well done but I keep getting impatient cos of some achievement on that map and getting killed and rage quit lol

Maybe another Far Cry 5 play through

I dunno, F.E.A.R. 2 , finish Black Mesa which I keep putting off. The last map, Xen is well done but I keep getting impatient cos of some achievement on that map and getting killed and rage quit lol

Maybe another Far Cry 5 play through
I beat it last weekend. Crazy how long it is, the sheer amount of work they put into this is incredible.

Finishing up some misc. quests in Forza 4 (which has been an unexpected great game) and moving on to the new God of War.

Horizon or Motorsport?

Horizon. I was late to the party and 5 was my first in the series. One of the Motorsport games came with my Xbox 360 and I assumed they were all like that (realistic'ish). It wasn't until Horizon 5 came out that I realized they were totally different, and more like Need for Speed and the like. Going back to 4 after playing 5 oddly had almost no graphical fall-off. It's a little more grindy and it's probably also more challenging, but I like the setting better.

Horizon. I was late to the party and 5 was my first in the series. One of the Motorsport games came with my Xbox 360 and I assumed they were all like that (realistic'ish). It wasn't until Horizon 5 came out that I realized they were totally different, and more like Need for Speed and the like. Going back to 4 after playing 5 oddly had almost no graphical fall-off. It's a little more grindy and it's probably also more challenging, but I like the setting better.
I like the setting of FH4 over FH5, too. FH3 is probably the best, but you can't buy it anymore if you didn't have it already.

I like the setting of FH4 over FH5, too. FH3 is probably the best, but you can't buy it anymore if you didn't have it already.

Yeah, it looks like 4 and 5 are the only ones on Gamepass. At least not counting the various Lego DLC's and such, which cost extra. Either way, I'm on board for more and look forward to playing the subsequent games. Between these, Dirt, and roughly 60% of the NFS titles, I have plenty of arcade-style racers to play.

I'm entirely hooked on Hell Let Loose again, and this time it's been for the last two months. Met a bunch of players to regularly play with on Discord and it's been a blast.

Grinding my support class to level 10 this weekend so I can bust out the flamethrower once the new update hits.

Been playing Forza Horizons 5 again now that DLAA/DLSS & RT for Global was released. Before that, had been playing COD MW2, but until HardCore is out. meh.

I'm playing Doom 64 this weekend and I will maybe spend some more time on Might and Magic for the NES if I have time.

The latter is a very old-school RPG that was released on PC in '87 and then ported to the NES a few years later. It's pretty hard, games definitely had little to no hand-holding back then, you can easily find yourself in a position where your party can't survive if you go to an area that is too challenging too quickly. I made that mistake and I was lucky to be able to salvage my save file since being stuck in an area like that can cause you to have insufficient funds to heal your party and if it's in the wrong place you are screwed.

Still there's something oddly satisfying about trying to beat the game in 2022. There are probably only a handful of people on the planet who are still playing this game.

Haven't game in three or four months. Just picked up Black Mesa. I'll give that a playthrough. Doom Eternal is $10 so I'll probably grab that real quick.

Dead Space series is on the list too.
Doom Eternal was a TON of fun... Black Mesa was nice and nostalgic...

More God of War Ragnarök. No clue how far I am, but it seems to be quite a bit larger than the first game based upon the pacing. If I end up winning it sooner than I expect, I'll probably give Miles Morales a shot.

Batman Arkham Origins. I wish it didn't take me months/years to finish a single game. Can only play a few hours a week max.

Going to be making a run for the Hardcore achievement in Dead Space 2. A dry run Wednesday night got me to Chapter 10 before the game bugged out on me and got me killed by an elite necromorph. I was planning on making my first of 3 allowed saves in Chapter 11 before the drill ride, so I could make another save for Chapter 13 (before the laser carousel) and 15 (after the eye poke machine). It was going really well up to that point... I'll be doing the same on the next run, this time likely just spamming my Force Gun on that part that bugged out on me.

Going to be making a run for the Hardcore achievement in Dead Space 2. A dry run Wednesday night got me to Chapter 10 before the game bugged out on me and got me killed by an elite necromorph. I was planning on making my first of 3 allowed saves in Chapter 11 before the drill ride, so I could make another save for Chapter 13 (before the laser carousel) and 15 (after the eye poke machine). It was going really well up to that point... I'll be doing the same on the next run, this time likely just spamming my Force Gun on that part that bugged out on me.
Haha truly Hardcore it is.

Haha truly Hardcore it is.
The funny thing is I thought Zealot was much harder. I was breezing through Hardcore up to that point. I think Hardcore is Survivalist difficulty in terms of enemies, but with Zealot difficulty drops.

The funny thing is I thought Zealot was much harder. I was breezing through Hardcore up to that point. I think Hardcore is Survivalist difficulty in terms of enemies, but with Zealot difficulty drops.
Yeah I've heard the same thing, It's just the permadeath aspect of Hardcore and only 3 saves that makes it more difficult and frustrating.

Back