What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Got 1 hour into Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin and thought it was extremely boring. Maybe it gets better but I think I am done with that for now.

Ghostwire: Tokyo and either Halo Infinite or Shadow Warrior 2 will be for this week and weekend. SW2 I got free on GOG a while back so may as well play it.

Far Cry 2
Try to organize a group for Division 1 with the [H] PC guys, play some Incursions and Legendary missions
If it doesn't crash, Division 2 season 9 Manhunt Lt.Chang

Last edited:
Hitman 2016+ trilogy.
Just bought them on sale, the always online requirement is fucking braindead but whatever - the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Got COVID and decided to finish all uncharteds on my PS5. Finishing the 4th one this weekend. Amazing game btw

Just finished up Days Gone on the PC (phenomenal game, btw), now working on God of War on the PC. I am so happy Sony ported these to PC.

Just finished up Days Gone on the PC (phenomenal game, btw), now working on God of War on the PC. I am so happy Sony ported these to PC.
Glad to hear you liked Days Gone (got for free with PS Plus).Def on my list now. Is this game like the last of us kinda thing?

Wow I just got done God of War and finished Days Gone before that. I'm moving onto Horizon Zero Dawn now lol.

picked up trials of cold steel, and just finished the first chapter - liking the meshing of Tokyo Xanadu relationship system with the lovely combat I've come to expect from Trails-series

Also probably continue my Crosscode play through, until we get new Steam release of longw-awaited Metroidvania Axiom Verge. the second/.

Wow I just got done God of War and finished Days Gone before that. I'm moving onto Horizon Zero Dawn now lol.
I already beat Horizon Zero Dawn on the PS4, but I'm tempted to pick it up and play it again on PC.

Reactions: cvinh
like this
Glad to hear you liked Days Gone (got for free with PS Plus).Def on my list now. Is this game like the last of us kinda thing?
It's not really like The Last of Us. The motorcycle adds a completely different dynamic. More of a blend of 7 Days to Die, The Last of Us, and Dying Light.

IMO, for best to worst:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Days Gone
God of War

I'd actually really like a sequel to Days Gone. It could use some refinement but it was overall good. God of War I can take or leave.

I'm doing Watch Dogs Legion this weekend.

IMO, for best to worst:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Days Gone
God of War

I'd actually really like a sequel to Days Gone. It could use some refinement but it was overall good. God of War I can take or leave.

I'm doing Watch Dogs Legion this weekend.
I have to agree with your rankings, although I think I like God of War a bit more than you do. Also, Horizon and Days Gone could be 1a and 1b.

Finish Prey (2006) and then start whatever SP game is next.
Its going to be hard to top prey, honestly sp will never be the same for you... One of the best single player games ever imo enjoyed it more than hl2 lol. Really hoping the new scorn game can come close but doubt it

Last edited:
Reactions: Axman
like this
I bought Ready or Not on steam and I am in love with this game.

I know the devs have pissed a bunch of folks off by offering a DLC which is essentially a paywall to get updates to the game faster, but I didn't read through the reviews until I bought it.

1656941226140.png

I am trying to get my buddies that reside on a Discord server to pony up and buy, but only one has decided to say "yes" so far.

I keep playing with kids that like to shoot hostages and suicide bombers, which makes for an interesting game, sometimes.

Metro: Exodus after leaving it on the pile for quite a while; having purchased it when it released on GoG, but holding off playing it until I had an RTX card that could do justice to the game.

Then I just played a bunch of other crap after getting the new card and am finally cycling back around.

I know the devs have pissed a bunch of folks off by offering a DLC which is essentially a paywall to get updates to the game faster, but I didn't read through the reviews until I bought it.

View attachment 488898

I am trying to get my buddies that reside on a Discord server to pony up and buy, but only one has decided to say "yes" so far.

I keep playing with kids that like to shoot hostages and suicide bombers, which makes for an interesting game, sometimes.

It is the supporter edition. You pay more money to fund the game. Of course, they have to offer some incentive for it. Back in December they had to start selling on Steam earlier than they wanted. Valve was no longer allowing them to generate Steam keys unless they put the game up for sale on Steam. The problem is they already had people buy the supporter edition on their website, and either had to refund the most recent buyers and figure out a new source for money or put the game up for early access on Steam. Obviously, they chose Steam early access and continued with the supporter edition as an option on Steam.

Wreckfest - Lawnmower is my favorite

Far Cry 3 - going after 100% Diamond gathoring

Horizon: Zero Dawn New Game+ mode

Going to mess around in Ready or Not. Won't play it much because it is early access but for $27 it was worth the gamble to support them.

The Ascent, Maybe a little Elden ring, been on a Saints Row 3 kick the past few days so will be playing that. May also build a few lots or homes on the Sims 4 since i enjoy building on it. :)
Almost certainly will play State of Decay2 for at least a few hours a day. (Been trying to get my base camp up and running, but having problems atm with it)

Last edited:
if i can get into the revised combat, may actually finish Massively Effective for the first time ever (picked it up Tues, after not playing my steam original for fifteen years), if its not bad combat, I'll consider the other two games an added bonus :D

Or, if it still sucks, I'll return to replaying Crosscode. also still enjoying my first play through of Trails on Cold Steel

View attachment 488898

I was all on board until I saw the game doesn't have PvP. Even Swat 4 had a PVP community that outlasted any other aspect of their community.

I was all on board until I saw the game doesn't have PvP. Even Swat 4 had a PVP community that outlasted any other aspect of their community.

They will eventually and did have it way back when. I assume it will come back when it releases. Otherwise it will be DoA being an early access game. But it will probably be dead anyways, no one really buys these games for PvP.

They will eventually and did have it way back when. I assume it will come back when it releases. Otherwise it will be DoA being an early access game. But it will probably be dead anyways, no one really buys these games for PvP.
People don't buy tactical multiplayer shooters for PvP? I will press X to doubt. The game is modeled after Swat 4, which had pretty lively PvP back in the day and even had an active community years after. Running through the same handful of missions cooperatively gets old pretty fast, no?

People don't buy tactical multiplayer shooters for PvP? I will press X to doubt. The game is modeled after Swat 4, which had pretty lively PvP back in the day and even had an active community years after. Running through the same handful of missions cooperatively gets old pretty fast, no?

Biggest draw to Rainbow 6, SWAT and GR was the campaign and ordering AI units. Or filling them up with other people in co-op. Of course some people played PvP but it was never really the draw. There are also some decent alternatives, Rising Storm Vietnam (player base might be low now?) and Insurgency Sandstorm. There are a fair number of realistic PvP games out there. The main draw here is this is the first game in over a decade to have proper AI commands and is based around SP/co-op. If this was just another PvP game it wouldn't have blown up the way it did.

I bought Spellforce 3. Sort of miss the RTS thing. This game is a little weird, but I'm slowly figuring it out.

Had fun dying in PoE in the gauntlet this last weekend. Other than that played some Forgive Me Father, a Lovecraftian oldschool shooter. It's pretty good and polished, nothing mindblowing yet in it, but a solid game.

Believe it or not... Baldur's Gate (again). The last game I finished, earlier this year was Icewind Dale and Heart of Winter and I remembered I never actually finished Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment.

I bought and played through BG1 when it came out (and saved Interplay from bankruptcy, at least for a while), but I never got out of Athkatla in BG2. With the Enhanced Editions of both, and the addition of the Siege of Dragonspear expansion in BG1 Enhanced, I decided to restart over in BG1 and work myself in to BG2 again. Not gonna lie... I really forgot how freaking hard being low level in BG1 is. My God, every fight is brutal with level 1 characters.

Bought Anno 1800 on sale last month and have been playing is casually. Pretty good game and a bit of a learning curve.

I really forgot how freaking hard being low level in BG1 is. My God, every fight is brutal with level 1 characters.

In the original Baldur's Gate games, the human dual-class is hugely powerful, and very underrated. It was equally underrated in the book games.

Get a few levels of thief and you can pick lock, open doors, find traps, and get true seeing always on with detect illusions.

Get a few levels in fighter or ranger and you can tank, even if you dual-class to a spellcaster.

Only your first class can be kitted, though. There's easy mode fighter/kensai to mage, fun mode thief/swashbuckler to mage, potential solo mode with fighter/wizard slayer or berserker to druid...

Most of the mages and all of the thieves in BG2 suck balls, so you don't have to have them in your party except for doing their quests. So it's also got that going for it. And the way the experience system in Second Edition works, you can wind up with a character that's relatively much more powerful than a single-class character or a multi-class character.

The main reason to play as a single-class character is if you want to play one of the classes that can't be dual-classed.

ETA: here, let me give you an example.

A fighter hits level 7 at 64K xp. Level 8 takes 125K. A druid hits level 8 at 60K.

That means you can be a fully dual-classed level 7 fighter/level 8 druid at 124K.

Last edited:
Back