What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Pivo504 Owl Boy was okay by me, though I am 99% certain that it was targeting nostalgia for a console I never owned as a child.

My note on my games completed tracker:
Thanks for replying on owlboy. It seems so hard to get a response on games lol I missed the sale though maybe next time

Finished FF7 Remake. Onto God of War. GoW is quite terrible, not sure if I can finish it. The menu, upgrade and map make absolutely zero sense and is practically unplayable without using those. Seems like a real trash game where the game is based around smashing pots and using an impossible menu system to fight, otherwise the "God" you play as is pathetically weak.

Last edited:
Blood and Cryptic Passage/Plasma Pak :blackalien::vamp::zombie:🦇🐀. I'm pretty hooked to this game, having never for some crazy reason played it until this year. It may well be the greatest shooter ever crafted, as some have claimed. In any case it's a really, really fun shooter, and it seems like many later games were influenced by it.

Black Mesa, never got around to Zen when they finished it so going through those bits.
Black Mesa is a game I want to try soon. Its atmosphere looks fantastic.

Black Mesa is a game I want to try soon. Its atmosphere looks fantastic.

Story is more together than Valve was able to make it back in the original. They did an amazing job with it. Some bits I don't love on Earthbound and Zen levels but so much fun.

Story is more together than Valve was able to make it back in the original. They did an amazing job with it. Some bits I don't love on Earthbound and Zen levels but so much fun.
Sounds amazing. I'll give it a go soon. I enjoyed the original half-life around its original release time, but it's much rougher to play now. This seems like a much improved experience.

I am technically not playing yet but as soon as possible I will be for many weekends!

Last edited:
Reactions: t1k
like this
Going back in time to Far Cry 2. Adding Tom's Chill Mod and his ReShade preset with improved textures.

Still going through my 2nd play through of Far Cry 6. I will probably play a bit of The Division 1 GE Strike and some Bioshock: Infinite.

Beat Elden Ring at the 140 hr mark just before receiving my Steam Deck. After receiving my Steam Deck I've been playing LAN games with my brother. Currently playing through the Dead Rising 2 expansion with Frank West. It's a blast in coop. RE5 is up next.

There's still W:ET servers up with enough players to have a decent match. Honestly, I don't know many who prefer normal RTCW MP over W:ET MP.

I do wish someone would remake W:ET and keep it exactly the same but with just a modern engine.

Holy shit, how come no one said Brutal Legend is fucking tits.

Started playing it because it's a "works great" Steam Deck game. I've owned it for years, but damn, was I missing out not playing it.

There's still W:ET servers up with enough players to have a decent match. Honestly, I don't know many who prefer normal RTCW MP over W:ET MP.

I do wish someone would remake W:ET and keep it exactly the same but with just a modern engine.

Yeah, after BF1942, I just couldn't play another ancient q3 mod - hl2 (bundled with Counterstrike Source) plus ut2004 a year later killed it dead.

I picked-up B.I.O.T.A. because I have a few months wait for Axiom Verge 2 to come to Steam. The demo was impressive, and I couldn't say no for 8 bucks

I'm also replaying through Crosscode - gam e with shooting cokmbat straight out of star Control 2 , cossed with zelda3 platforming/ puzzles

Last edited:
Yeah, after BF1942, I just couldn't play another ancient q3 mod - hl2 (bundled with Counterstrike Source) plus ut2004 a year later killed it dead.

I picked-up B.I.O.T.A. because I have a few months wait for Axiom Verge 2 to come to Steam. The demo was impressive, and I couldn't say no for 8 bucks

I'm also replaying through Crosscode - gam e with shooting cokmbat straight out of star Control 2 , cossed with zelda3 platforming/ puzzles

How is biota? I played the demo was good but got so much in backlog.. I didn't really like the first AV but wondering how the second one is...?

Completed Elden Ring on NG+ this morning (well, at least 90% of it) and am back in the mode of looking for something else to play. I might give Halo Infinite another go or hunt through the Gamepass offerings for a hidden gem.

How is biota? I played the demo was good but got so much in backlog.. I didn't really like the first AV but wondering how the second one is...?

pretty solid , has a decent assortment of enemies, and if you miss certain keys, there are already walkthroughs.

Get used to pressing the quicksave button after you are done with a screen, as there are no normal health drops (sometimes a chest will heal you, but don't count on it). But, you do get unlimited retrys from your last quicksave, and periodically unlock fast-travel to new areas, and you get tons of drops of special weapon (so use it often)

I'm attempting to play Brutal Legend and am struggling a bit from a technical standpoint. It's constantly crashing any time I change any of the options and while it runs, it's not very smooth. Is that just the game or are there some tricks I should emply?

I'm attempting to play Brutal Legend
I played it in 2015 via steam and do not remember having any crashes or slow downs.

There's a number of support forums on steam, gog, etc for different platforms you can hit up and see how that compares to your platform of play.

I played it in 2015 via steam and do not remember having any crashes or slow downs.

There's a number of support forums on steam, gog, etc for different platforms you can hit up and see how that compares to your platform of play.

I'm not having much luck. Most all of the posts with crashing are from like 5 years ago and people running on sub-par hardware even for that time. I'm not getting any slowdowns, it just feels kinda choppy. I've tried running at 1080p (rather than 4K) and a variety of different refresh rates to no avail. I'm thinking maybe the game just isn't particularly smooth? The game doesn't crash when I'm playing the game itself, but changing anything in the options menu is a surefire way to crash to desktop 90% of the time.

Sticking with modded Far Cry 2 this weekend. The added textures and other improvements make it a whole new game. Then there is my daily dose of Forge of Empires.

Picked up three games:

Horizon Zero Dawn
Remember Me
Teardown

Just started a new game in HZD after running benchmark. Averages around 50 fps on my laptop so I'm giving it a go. So far I'm enjoying the game.

I picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider for $13 on Steam, so I will get started on that. Of course I still need to finish Dying Light 2 and AC: Valhalla. Too many games to beat, too little time!

I'm attempting to play Brutal Legend and am struggling a bit from a technical standpoint. It's constantly crashing any time I change any of the options and while it runs, it's not very smooth. Is that just the game or are there some tricks I should emply?

Bump for visibility. I'm sorry I don't have any advice besides the normal stuff. Override the settings with the driver? Everything up to date?

Bump for visibility. I'm sorry I don't have any advice besides the normal stuff. Override the settings with the driver? Everything up to date?

I think the game is just supposed to look/run that way. I started looking at YouTube videos and they look like that, too. Movement is just a little herky jerky.
The crashes I have no idea about, though. Nothing on the Steam forums is very recent and I saw other mentions of crashing from 4-5 years ago. Everything in my system has the latest and greatest drivers, so it's probably a situation where old games occasionally act weird. Luckily, it seems to be isolated to the options menus.
I ended up bailing on it and going back to Jedi Fallen Order after the weekend sequel announcements anyway. I figure I might try again some other time, or just eat the $4 it cost me.

Lately Path of Exile...and then some more Path of Exile lol. I'm about ready to move onto some other games for a while though. It's really fun, but the neverending grind wears on me after a while.

Black Mesa and Sword and Fairy 7's new sidequests are probably going to be next for me. I might revisit the StarCraft games too since it's been ages since I played those games.

Beat Elden Ring at the 140 hr mark just before receiving my Steam Deck. After receiving my Steam Deck I've been playing LAN games with my brother. Currently playing through the Dead Rising 2 expansion with Frank West. It's a blast in coop. RE5 is up next.
How in the world did you find a spare 140 hours to throw at gaming? Holy shit I'm lucky if I can launch a single game up and sink a whooping 30 mins of time into it all weekend lol

I picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider for $13 on Steam, so I will get started on that. Of course I still need to finish Dying Light 2 and AC: Valhalla. Too many games to beat, too little time!
I tried to get into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and realized my efforts were futile and it is not humanly possible to complete such a long drawn out game. I gave up and ended the torture lol

Back