What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Death Stranding or another RE3 remake run (want to buy the zap gun on completion, but also not sure if will wait for its ray tracing update)
I just got RE3 remake during that last steam sale. I also just got a 3070ti. Should I wait until the ray tracing update?

I just got RE3 remake during that last steam sale. I also just got a 3070ti. Should I wait until the ray tracing update?

Depends if you're gonna replay it or not.

Everytime you beat the game you get points based on certain stats/unlocks from your playthrough that you can use to unlock costumes/items/buffs/weapons you can use on your next playthrough

If you think you'd like to do that you can just do your first run now then later run(s) when that update drops

If you think you'd only play it once, I'd wait - won't add much, but why not experience it all?

It's a fun game either way - I never liked the original RE3 and the original RE2 is my #1 of the franchise - I like 3 remake better than 2 remake (hot take - 2 isn't bad at all, I just think 3 is just more of a blast thanks to it's shorter more action packed gameplay - 2 Remake is actually a lot more like original 3 in a way with Mr.X/Nemesis).

The physics always felt off to me in RE3 remake. Jill and Carlos carrying and swinging around rifles/rocket launchers/rail cannons like they're made of cardboard.

I play my 3rd person games with a controller, feels OK to me - Resident Evil Revelations 1 is the game that had the best/tightest controls IMO

But this 👇 part of your problem never bothered you? :p

1648842763437.png

How can she slap run?!

I play my 3rd person games with a controller, feels OK to me - Resident Evil Revelations 1 is the game that had the best/tightest controls IMO

But this 👇 part of your problem never bothered you? :p

How can she slap run?!

I can suspend reality for that kind of stuff. It was just the character animations felt off and the game seemed rushed. RE2 remake didn't seem to have those issues. It looked like guns had weight to them when Leon and Claire were using them.

I can suspend reality for that kind of stuff. It was just the character animations felt off and the game seemed rushed. RE2 remake didn't seem to have those issues. It looked like guns had weight to them when Leon and Claire were using them.
I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for it to see if I can notice. I obviously passively didn't on my first playthroughs of A/B/3.

Depends if you're gonna replay it or not.

Everytime you beat the game you get points based on certain stats/unlocks from your playthrough that you can use to unlock costumes/items/buffs/weapons you can use on your next playthrough

If you think you'd like to do that you can just do your first run now then later run(s) when that update drops

If you think you'd only play it once, I'd wait - won't add much, but why not experience it all?

It's a fun game either way - I never liked the original RE3 and the original RE2 is my #1 of the franchise - I like 3 remake better than 2 remake (hot take - 2 isn't bad at all, I just think 3 is just more of a blast thanks to it's shorter more action packed gameplay - 2 Remake is actually a lot more like original 3 in a way with Mr.X/Nemesis).
Glad to hear you enjoyed RE3 remake more than 2. I almost missed the sale bc of the mixed reviews on the game but I always enjoyed these games. The original 2 was my fav also then 1. But I still enjoyed RE2 remake. I love the old school style over the newer re games like re 7 and village..i played 7 it was good but not village bc it just seemed like a departure from the re games... I'm hoping one day we can get a remake of the original re game!

Glad to hear you enjoyed RE3 remake more than 2. I almost missed the sale bc of the mixed reviews on the game but I always enjoyed these games. The original 2 was my fav also then 1. But I still enjoyed RE2 remake. I love the old school style over the newer re games like re 7 and village..i played 7 it was good but not village bc it just seemed like a departure from the re games... I'm hoping one day we can get a remake of the original re game!

Play Revelations 1 if you haven't, so cheesey and more like the originals and great atmosphere and music.

Just have to excuse it's mobile origin shortcomings.

Raid Mode is a blast too for it.

I'm not a fan of the recent FPS entries either.

I need to be talked out of it.

Been enjoying Elden Ring, but been playing a cheapo game called Vampire Survivors. Neat game but I sort of beat it.

Chatted with a few of the field guys at work, and some of them are gamers. Got to chatting about World of Warcraft. I miss healing so much. I've got an itch to just start another healer. ugh, I know the state of the game, but I really enjoyed healing.

Play Revelations 1 if you haven't, so cheesey and more like the originals and great atmosphere and music.

Just have to excuse it's mobile origin shortcomings.

Raid Mode is a blast too for it.

I'm not a fan of the recent FPS entries either.
I'm hoping that man made re1 remake makes it on pc. It's looking so good. If Capcom won't give us what we want the fans will!

I'm having a lot of fun with Zandronum/Doomseeker (classic doom multiplayer mayhem and madness). Also, random tomb raider level editor hall of fame levels from trle.net.

Total Annihilation was great! Damn I still remember borrowing the discs from a friend and it being one of my first RTS experiences. The only thing I can remember from before that is watching a friend play C&C haha.

Started up a new playthrough of Far Cry 6. Been getting my butt kicked and kicking butt in return. Seems as though the latest patches made combat a wee bit more difficult.

Total Annihilation was great! Damn I still remember borrowing the discs from a friend and it being one of my first RTS experiences. The only thing I can remember from before that is watching a friend play C&C haha.
It sure was. Cnc and Red alert were my first RTS games. However, it wasn't until Total Annihilation came that I truly fell in love with rts games. I still remember playing that game so much along with starseige tribes..would be nice if the graphics were updated somehow. I still play Supreme commander Faf every weekend still think it's the greatest rts ever made.

Nabbed the new Lego Star Wars game to play with my brother. These games have really come a long way...

You must be really bored lol way better games to play

Better in what sense? Far Cry 2 is still one of the best games ever made. Jade Empire, Planescape: Torment, even Curse of Monkey Island. Old games were free in ways that newer games can't be.

You couldn't make Myst today, or Civilization.

Better in what sense? Far Cry 2 is still one of the best games ever made. Jade Empire, Planescape: Torment, even Curse of Monkey Island. Old games were free in ways that newer games can't be.

You couldn't make Myst today, or Civilization.
Maybe in your opinion fc2 was the best..i couldn't get into that one it was good but not the best. I still enjoy the original and 3 was prob my favorite. 4 is when I pretty much quit buying anymore far cry games..
Ended up beating tunic, amazing game hope this developer does a sequel or a brand new game using this engine, loved it might be goty for me

Maybe in your opinion fc2 was the best..i couldn't get into that one it was good but not the best. I still enjoy the original and 3 was prob my favorite. 4 is when I pretty much quit buying anymore far cry games..
I loved the original, hated FC2, it got everything wrong that I want from a quasi immersive shooter, it was annoying, and the buggiest of the bunch, couldn't even get it to run for the most time.
3 was OK,
I skipped 4, it seemed like it was supposed to be an expansion for 3, not a separate game.
5 was kind of OK again, but felt very redundant next to Ghost Recon Wildlands, it offered a similar gameplay only a bit smaller and a bit worse in every way (I'm not bothered by the perspective FPS or TPS ganz egal)
New Dawn was 5 ruined with unnecessary rpg elements and grind
6 was the easiest game I've ever played, it could've been an OK game if it offered just a bit more challenge. The only missions that weren't a walz in the park were the ones where the enemy has infinite reinforcements and they just kept coming.

I loved the original, hated FC2, it got everything wrong that I want from a quasi immersive shooter, it was annoying, and the buggiest of the bunch, couldn't even get it to run for the most time.

I never ran into problems with bugs, even when it was new. Give it a try again sometime. It did a great job of telling a story with no good guys.

Tried that one but will need to give it another try.. Got so many on my list so I'm playing what I really want first
Some found it boring so it depends on what you like.

I tend to not pile on buying games while I still have some to play. In fact Prey is the last game in my Steam library that I have yet to complete. I also have Skyrim (tried it but didn't really like it however might give it another go later when I have nothing to play) and a few remasters of games I've already completed in my library. I don't really count a remaster/enhanced edition as a new game though. Also have The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding waiting to be played on my PS4 Pro (which are next after Prey).

Some found it boring so it depends on what you like.

I tend to not pile on buying games while I still have some to play. In fact Prey is the last game in my Steam library that I have yet to complete. I also have Skyrim (tried it but didn't really like it however might give it another go later when I have nothing to play) and a few remasters of games I've already completed in my library. I don't really count a remaster/enhanced edition as a new game though. Also have The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding waiting to be played on my PS4 Pro (which are next after Prey).
I loved the original prey but this new one seemed kinda boring like you said. The enemies are just black blobs of goo..i only tend to buy games I want to play when they go on sale. I waited to cyberpunk was only 19. Also got the new prey for free but Uninstalled it after playing for a little while

been meaning to give that a go

heard the moon dlc or whatever was good too
Prey took me some stick-to-it-ness to get into. I picked it up near launch and it didn't really pull me in after an hour or two so put it down. One rainy day last year I started playing again and found it to be an amazing game. It ended up being one of my favorite games in recent memory. After about 3 hours of play, your powers get more varied and the story really picks up.

The DLC Moonfall is also well worth the time, and somewhat similar to Deathloop.

Playing the demo for nin sols. If you enjoyed katana zero you will love this. The combat is really awesome can't wait for the full game!

3 was OK,
I skipped 4, it seemed like it was supposed to be an expansion for 3, not a separate game.
5 was kind of OK again, but felt very redundant next to Ghost Recon Wildlands, it offered a similar gameplay only a bit smaller and a bit worse in every way (I'm not bothered by the perspective FPS or TPS ganz egal)
New Dawn was 5 ruined with unnecessary rpg elements and grind
6 was the easiest game I've ever played, it could've been an OK game if it offered just a bit more challenge. The only missions that weren't a walz in the park were the ones where the enemy has infinite reinforcements and they just kept coming.
I think 4 is worth a try. Primal is... tedious but interesting.

3-6 (including Primal and New Dawn) are incredibly similar, and easy to get burned out on.

I think 4 is worth a try. Primal is... tedious but interesting.

3-6 (including Primal and New Dawn) are incredibly similar, and easy to get burned out on.
  • FC1 - Categorically the best FPS of that gen, in my opinion. I got so much replay out of that game.
  • FC2 I really enjoyed this game. I see it as kind of a minimalist and more focused version of the FC games that would come later
  • FC3 and FC4 - (I'd lump them both together) were the pinnacle of FC games
  • Primal - was a fun and original excursion. Best and most interesting story of any of the games (although that's not saying much)
  • FC5 and FC6 (again, lumping these together since not much evolution between the two) - Too much to do, too much of a slog, and at this point, the Ubisoft Far Cry/AC/Ghost Recon conquer-the-hill paradigm is a dead horse being kicked over and over. These games are like glorified slot machines at this point: flashy lights and different paint on each, but at the end of the day, the mechanics are all the same.

Last edited:
Is any game ever going to fully utilize terrain destruction? Pc power has grown exponentially but games just get prettier with zero gameplay evolution....

Is any game ever going to fully utilize terrain destruction? Pc power has grown exponentially but games just get prettier with zero gameplay evolution....
But how else am I going to hide behind a stack of plastic milk crates to reload while baddies launch salvos of RPGs at me?

I kid, but I feel making terrain destruction work would require a huge re-engineering of traditional whack-a-mole game mechanics. There's a whole economy of ammo-aim-cover that would need to be reworked, not just making objects destructable.

Going between Lego start wars the Skywalker saga on the switch and Modern Warfare remaster on the PC

Going between Lego start wars the Skywalker saga on the switch and Modern Warfare remaster on the PC
Been playing Skywalker Saga with my 7yr old, pretty good. Most of my game time these days ends up being lego star wars or minecraft during his saturday game time

Been playing Skywalker Saga with my 7yr old, pretty good. Most of my game time these days ends up being lego star wars or minecraft during his saturday game time
I've been enjoying it. I play for a bit then copy the save file to my 5yr son's profile.

Going back for a 3rd play-through of AC Unity. It's an unpolished gem, I'm convinced at this point it's the best AC in many ways.

Back