What are you nerds playing this weekend?

More shadowlands and some BL3 for the community event, gotta kill me some traunts

Gonna try to finish Xenogears this week, I'm close to finishing disc 1 and I know disc 2 is much shorter. I've made several posts about playing it already here, but it feels like the game that never ends. I like it but also feel like it isn't as captivating as some other JRPG's that I've played, even though I really like mecha stuff.

Also been streaming Ultra Street Figher 4 here and there again for fun -- the game is old now, but still has a decent following so it's kind of got this fan-club vibe with the community that I like.

Far Cry 6. Beat the game this past Saturday and started a new game today. Going to take my time and test out every weapon against various enemies to see how effective they are, at stock and modded.

Back 4 Blood

PIcked up this Summer in the Countryside game can't figure out how to play it cant refund it cause I'm at my refund limit don't want it revoked.

F.E.A.R.

Halloween time!
This is a great idea. Last year around halloween I played through Amnesia: Dark Descent. It was creepy and psychotic and I liked it...
This time maybe I'll continue with Machine for Pigs, or perhaps start the F.E.A.R. series (I have 1-3)

I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole and ended up buying Dead Rising 3.

Thus far, this game is AWESOME. Classic Capcom shenanigans....

Very highly recommended. Gaming LIVES

I did my usual and bought a bunch of games on discount last week...
  • Rogue Squadron - Fun little space fighter, bringing nostalgia for X-Wing/Tie Fighter series. It's frustrating as I can't get my dualshock conrtroller to map correctly -- and mouse/keyboard is unsurprisingl
  • Boarderlands 3 - Fun, more of the same. That said, do they really need to rationalize paying UX developers each sequel to make the interface more and more clumsy? I'm in aggregate probably going to spend an extra hour or two vs prior games on this boot-in-mud UI (I'm not one to believe in conspiracies, but I strongly feel this is intentional so they don't need to create as much content...).
  • Darkest Dungeon - Great indy dungeon crawler, and a great Halloween game. Art direction and general mechanics are great, but movement around the map is gummy as hell (to the point where I rage quit because I was backtracking so much)
  • Imperator: Rome - It looks like a good game, but I'm finding it quite complex (which I don't mind, but the tutorial is hardly useful at all). Having never played a Paradox game before, I think this is a non-starter for me
  • Prey Mooncrash - Very good concept for a DLC using the Prey universe/assets/mechanics, albeit there's not really any story per se.
In summary, a 2/5 hit:miss for me.

Last edited:
Finished Xenogears! What a trip -- there are things I absolutely love about it and then some annoyances with the pacing and janky gameplay bits, but otherwise a very cool JRPG. The transition to disc 2 is a bit jarring, since the studio started to run out of money for development and you get some big exposition dumps. Overall the story felt very 90's anime, which I guess makes sense.

About to try out Hell Let Loose on PC now that I am free from JRPG-land!

Division 1 Global Event Assault. Get some survival runs in and maybe some Falcon Lost.

Finish up the story for Far Cry 6

See what Ghost Recon Breakpoint Operation Motherland is all about.

Back 4 Blood. Gonna give PC/Xbox crossplay a shot with some of my console friends.

Wrapped up Mafia 3 last week.. not sure what this nerd will be starting this weekend.. Mafia 2 maybe?

Wind Waker HD via CEMU, on the living room TV. I gave my Wii-U to my daughter, so this seemed appropriate. (It’s not on the same floor.) It actually looks amazing! Hadn’t tried CEMU before since there’s actually a Wii-U in the house. I bought a PS5 DualSense controller for it, which is even better than using a Pro Controller (which I tried). However, I have the DualSense touchpad mapped to touch controls for 3DS games in Citra. :)

I wanted to also play Ocarina, and rather than 3DS it, I’m playing it on the TV. I will only play the 3DS version these days because it’s so much better than the original.

I bought a usb drive and been loading all my old games on it , this game came free back then with a gpu and maybe last time I played it

Last edited:
Started Red Dead Redemption 2 yesterday -- so far I'm liking it a lot, though I can tell it's going to be a very massive game. Waiting for the game to open up and let me start exploring, should be good! Only complaint I can think of is the strange control setup, like there is no clear button to perform certain actions at times. Like Y is sometimes the interact button, but then X sometimes is as well or vice versa, and the inventory system/wheel is kind of awkward. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Started Red Dead Redemption 2 yesterday -- so far I'm liking it a lot, though I can tell it's going to be a very massive game. Waiting for the game to open up and let me start exploring, should be good! Only complaint I can think of is the strange control setup, like there is no clear button to perform certain actions at times. Like Y is sometimes the interact button, but then X sometimes is as well or vice versa, and the inventory system/wheel is kind of awkward. I'm sure I'll get used to it.
That game was very good and very long... enjoy!

It’s a slow-burn but it’s a great game. One of those games that will stick with you.

Call of Duty Vanguard I would like to try Battlefield on the 12th but I own the cheap edition.

I 101%ed Donkey Kong Country 1.

20211109_134756.jpg

Nice; I have one of those fancy SNES RGB Signal-to-HDMI converters for my SNES and have it hooked up to my big screen TV.... been playing through all the Super Star Wars games!

Checking out Forza Horizon 5 this weekend.

Haven't played a racing game for some years. Just picked up a PS5 controller to play it over steam. Excited because it looks really good.

Life is consumed by Escape from Tarkov. I litterally have 0 desire to play anything else.

BF2042
COD:Vanguard
Days Gone - I’m still surprised at how much fun this one is. Absolutely loving this game.

BF2042!!! Have Forza Horizon 5 on my wish list, game looks fun.

Had to refund it unfortunately.
Bought it on steam and have crashed over a dozen times in the unskippable intro. I have to wait about 10 minutes of a playthrough before it crashes at the same spot every time.

Did every fix the Devs announced to do, nothing.

Unfortunate too. Really wanted to play this one.

Had to refund it unfortunately.
Bought it on steam and have crashed over a dozen times in the unskippable intro. I have to wait about 10 minutes of a playthrough before it crashes at the same spot every time.

Did every fix the Devs announced to do, nothing.

Unfortunate too. Really wanted to play this one.
Yikes, that sucks. The only real problem I had with crashing was with RT On. As soon as I turned that off, got 9 hours in the game with only 1 single crash. Seeing as it (and the RT ones) were DX Errors, I'm guessing nvidia needs to release a compatible driver as the beta worked perfectly for me.

Back