What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Finished up Super Metroid and Zero Mission already. About halfway done with Fusion as of last night.
Also finally made a layout for my twitch www.twitch.tv/theslysyl which is where I've been streaming all the metroid games. Still definitely in the learning process for how twitch and streaming works. It has its own culture and stuff and I really don't want to bother that much, but i gotta do something if I want people to watch.

Funny enough I got the urge to bring out the old guitar controllers and played some Guitar Hero - which lead me down the rabbit hole that is Clone Hero and now I accidentally have over 100GB of clone hero music. Fun, but my fingers hurt. They aren't used to being stretched like that.

Last edited:
Insurgency: Sandstorm
COD Black Ops Cold War singleplayer campaign
Modern Warfare 2019 singleplayer campaign

I’m really not much of a fan of COD singleplayer, but I decided to finish the Cold War campaign and was pleasantly surprised. It’s pretty fun for what it is (an easy, mindless shooter). I had so much fun with it I decided to go back and finish Modern Warfare’s campaign, which I’m doing now. Insurgence is doing a great job of scratching the multiplayer itch.

Finished up Super Metroid and Zero Mission already. About halfway done with Fusion as of last night.
Also finally made a layout for my twitch www.twitch.tv/theslysyl which is where I've been streaming all the metroid games. Still definitely in the learning process for how twitch and streaming works. It has its own culture and stuff and I really don't want to bother that much, but i gotta do something if I want people to watch.

Funny enough I got the urge to bring out the old guitar controllers and played some Guitar Hero - which lead me down the rabbit hole that is Clone Hero and now I accidentally have over 100GB of clone hero music. Fun, but my fingers hurt. They aren't used to being stretched like that.
You better get sum Am2r in!! I actually just replayed super metroid since I was a kid when I first came out and I totally didn't realize how short it was.. I think I beat it in 3hrs 30 mins. You'll be rdy for Dread now

AM2R is next after Fusion, then doing Samus Returns. I've been wanting to compare the two and it seems like the perfect way to do so.

I'm tempted to go through the prime games. They're a larger time commitment though.
Playing the GBA Metroids and messing around with my GB operator is making me crave some Castlevania, so I think I'm gonna jump into Aria of Sorrow next...

AM2R is next after Fusion, then doing Samus Returns. I've been wanting to compare the two and it seems like the perfect way to do so.

I'm tempted to go through the prime games. They're a larger time commitment though.
Playing the GBA Metroids and messing around with my GB operator is making me crave some Castlevania, so I think I'm gonna jump into Aria of Sorrow next...
I would def do Am2r next then Samus returns. I believe Samus returns is longer. I personally enjoyed both but still liked the look of Am2r pixels better and game play feels a bit tighter closer to zero mission. Also the prime games are longer as well so might be best to do those later. I tried metroid Prime a few years ago but I just couldn't get into the 1st view, movement, aiming and it felt really sluggish compared to the fast paced game play of the 2d games. I actually played Aria of Sorrow for the first time last yr. Highly recommend it & see it as next best Castlevania after symphony of the night of course.

I used to speedrun Prime 1 so I'm incredibly familiar with it. It's one of my favorite games of all time.
I still suspect that Prime 2 and 3 Will likely be 12+ hour games though, I have a dolphinbar (which is awesome) and that'll allow me to play the Prime Trilogy in 4k with a real wiimote. I did this once before many years ago.

I could also just hook up my Wii U through my capture card but that seems like more work for worse visuals.

I don't know if I've replayed Aria of Sorrow since the DS came out, so I'm a bit curious to give it another go. I would likely jump into Dawn of Sorrow immediately afterwards. But I vaguely remember absolutely hating the touchscreen magic sealing aspect.

I used to speedrun Prime 1 so I'm incredibly familiar with it. It's one of my favorite games of all time.
I still suspect that Prime 2 and 3 Will likely be 12+ hour games though, I have a dolphinbar (which is awesome) and that'll allow me to play the Prime Trilogy in 4k with a real wiimote. I did this once before many years ago.

I could also just hook up my Wii U through my capture card but that seems like more work for worse visuals.

I don't know if I've replayed Aria of Sorrow since the DS came out, so I'm a bit curious to give it another go. I would likely jump into Dawn of Sorrow immediately afterwards. But I vaguely remember absolutely hating the touchscreen magic sealing aspect.
I plan to give prime another chance bc it's so highly rated but when I first played it I just couldn't get into it. Same thing happened with Witcher 3 lol. Those two games are so highly rated yet I couldn't get into them...I think another issue for me is that I just can't play an fps with a controller.. I'm from the old days of quake 3,unreal tournament, tribes, where we used m/k. It just feels really awkward and slow using a controller and I hate having to use auto aim to kill things it just doesn't feel right..
If you like Castlevania sotn you will no doubt like Aria of Sorrow. And I totally agree I played through a few stages in Dawn of Sorrow & gave up the magic sealing stuff ruins it.

I plan to give prime another chance bc it's so highly rated but when I first played it I just couldn't get into it. Same thing happened with Witcher 3 lol. Those two games are so highly rated yet I couldn't get into them...I think another issue for me is that I just can't play an fps with a controller.. I'm from the old days of quake 3,unreal tournament, tribes, where we used m/k. It just feels really awkward and slow using a controller and I hate having to use auto aim to kill things it just doesn't feel right..
If you like Castlevania sotn you will no doubt like Aria of Sorrow. And I totally agree I played through a few stages in Dawn of Sorrow & gave up the magic sealing stuff ruins it.
Give the Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy version a go. The wiimote motion controls are way, way closer to M/KB and way more comfortable overall.

I decided to take time away from tarkov, It wrecks my mental health. The game is so amazing and its great when you are just hanging out and bullshittin. But once i try to get competitive and start pushing labs and stuff its just really punishing. Last night I almost snapped my headphones after my 6th death in a row in labs. Its kicking up my addiction with gaming to a new level I havent seen before and I dont like it. I decided to reinstall Final fantasy 11 (wingsxi private server) and wait for diablo 2. Both games are leasurely therapeutic imo.

Last weekend I played Borderlands 1 GoTY Enhanced. They've made a lot of improvements over the original including a few much needed fixes. Been awhile since I played BL1 and forgot how fun it actually is.

Kinda cool, makes me want to check it out again. I did finish it back when it was new, but I was kind of lukewarm on it overall.

I'm going to attempt to practice Guilty Gear Strive this week in anticipation for a bi-weekly tournament next weekend. I got completely stomped at the last one .-. to the point where I think I may just swap characters to somebody more cheap, lol. I don't think I'm going to have the time to dedicate to the game for me to work extra hard on middle-tier characters.

Kinda cool, makes me want to check it out again. I did finish it back when it was new, but I was kind of lukewarm on it overall.

I'm going to attempt to practice Guilty Gear Strive this week in anticipation for a bi-weekly tournament next weekend. I got completely stomped at the last one .-. to the point where I think I may just swap characters to somebody more cheap, lol. I don't think I'm going to have the time to dedicate to the game for me to work extra hard on middle-tier characters.
I wish I had time to attend local tourn still, I went all in when Fighterz came out. Still love the game but i just dont have the time anymore =[.

I started Tales of Arise this week and liking it so far. So far it seems rinse and repeat with the 5 lord's tho. I hope there is far more to it after the.

I wish I had time to attend local tourn still, I went all in when Fighterz came out. Still love the game but i just dont have the time anymore =[.

DBFZ is so dope... the new patch for it made it absolutely wild now with the z-change stuff. I didn't put the work in on that game and I'm now mad behind, but it's still fun to watch. It's hard to stay on top of being competitive when life starts to get in the way -- and when I think about how long it took me to even get sort of competitive at USF4, it is disheartening. :C It's exciting here locally though that Strive has revived the local community a bit, so I'm going to at least try and participate as much as possible.

Picked up Elite Force on GOG so I'll be playing that and maybe some Minecraft on my brothers server

SnowRunner - I can play it streamed from my desktop while I spend time with the wife and newborn.

COD Vanguard Beta
Insurgency: Sandstorm
Not sure what else. I’m thinking of picking up Biomutant on Steam since it’s on sale.

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts.

Having a blast. Just finished the first contract a few minutes ago. Took my time, scouted as much as possible and still died nine times. Still, it is a fun game so I'll be playing the [H] out of it this weekend.

Grand theft Auto!

Untitled.png

I picked up a subscription to Ubisoft+ this morning so I could kill two birds with one stone. The intention is to start off today with Far Cry 6, and then move on to Assassin's Creed Valhalla. While I am a veteran of the Far Cry series, this will be my first Assassin's Creed game.

I do like the idea of having a month to play both of these titles on the cheap. Ubi got a few bucks and I will play a few titles I wouldn't normally, which equals potential sales for them later on. It's a great marketing strategy in a world with too many games and too little time.

Back 4 Blood

Finally got my monitor settings in check with the game I decreased Contrast in both Nvidia and in game the black levels disappear.
I usually run my monitors really dark to save on eyestrain.

Thinking about picking up farcry 6, I enjoyed the rest of the series and i need a good SP shooter.

Around October-November I always break out company of heroes. CoH1 is still great to me but CoH2 is amazing too. Anyone play the beta for CoH3?

A mix of Far Cry 6, Deathloop, and Back 4 Blood. All the fall/winter games I was excited for came out (more or less) at the same time.

Days Gone, I’m only maybe 5 hours in but I’m really enjoying it so far.
Thinking of buying Back 4 Blood, it’s been a long time since I’ve played Left 4 Dead and this looks both nostalgic and new at the same time. If I wasn’t already getting a ‘zombie fix’ from Days Gone I probably would have picked it up by now.

Bought Darkwood today on sale on Steam. Will be playing it. Not looking forward to inventory management and the barricading/furniture moving simulator parts, but hope the rest will keep me interested

4E D&D session for a homebrew campaign that started in Feb 2010. I write all my content on the PC in my sig so I hope that counts as "PC gaming". :)

Black Mesa was $5 a few weeks ago. Grabbed it and played through for some remastered HL goodness - it's very well done and $5 was a bargain - which got me feelin like HL2 and the 2 episodes. I'm gonna continue on the nostalgia train, should be done with Episode 2 before end of the weekend.

Far Cry 6. Beat the game yesterday. Waiting or the next batch of Black Ops to open up.

Back