What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I've tried to start that game three separate times and never get into it...I loved Asylum, not sure what it is about City that doesn't click.

Been playing Sekiro, which my girlfriend misheard me say as "suck-hero." As many times as I die, I kind of am suck-hero. >.> Great game though, I am getting through it however slowly. It might be the hardest modern game that I've played, and I've played all the Dark Souls games. D: I am not above cheesing bosses in this game at all.

Wow that is surprising. Have you read the reviews on steam?. Everyone is saying Arkham City is a masterpiece. The storytelling is just like the comics. Such a pleasure. Takes you back to your childhood. I finished Arkham Knight and it was amazing just a more modern storyline. I never played Asylum as I feel the smaller closed in setting is claustrophobic & would get me frustrated. The open world of City & Knight is one of It's shining attractions. The way you glide around the city never gets old. Looking for bad guys to beat up & save innocent people of Gotham. You can appreciate the setting of Gotham so much more on these larger free flowing maps. The arkham series is truley a masterpiece and I highly recommend giving it another shot. If not city then knight.

As for the From Software games I have given up. I tried to play DS3 5 times and just don't have the patience to invest so many hours into learning the clunky fighting system to defeat bosses with swords etc. Using the fireballs or spells is easier yet cheesier. I don't know. Dark Souls is my favortie fantasy mythology themed game with the best setting, maps, bosses, story, music of any game I have ever seen in the history of gaming BUT at the same time It is my most hated game to play because of the fightimg system and difficulty of bosses with huge sweeping attacks that need constant dodging and sometimes 50 or 100 or more tries unless you have grinded up to max level to absorb more damage. I just don't have the time or desire to invest into the game, so It's bittersweet. So I watch DS all bosses videos and it is satisfying enough without me investing 100-200 hours into the game which I don't have the luxury of doing.

Last edited:
Wow that is surprising. Have you read the reviews on steam?. Everyone is saying Arkham City is a masterpiece. The storytelling is just like the comics. Such a pleasure. Takes you back to your childhood. I finished Arkham Knight and it was amazing just a more modern storyline. I never played Asylum as I feel the smaller closed in setting is claustrophobic & would get me frustrated. The open world of City & Knight is one of It's shining attractions. The way you glide around the city never gets old. Looking for bad guys to beat up & save innocent people of Gotham. You can appreciate the setting of Gotham so much more on these larger free flowing maps. The arkham series is truley a masterpiece and I highly recommend giving it another shot. If not city then knight.

As for the From Software games I have given up. I tried to play DS3 5 times and just don't have the patience to invest so many hours into learning the clunky fighting system to defeat bosses with swords etc. Using the fireballs or spells is easirr yet cheesier. I don't know. Dark Souls is my favortie fantasy mythology themed game with the best setting, maps, bosses, story, music of any game I have ever seen in the history of gaming BUT at the same time It is my most hated game to olay because of the fightimg system and difficulty of bosses with huge sweeping attacks that need constant dodging and sometimes 50 or 100 or more tries unless you have grinded up to max level to absorb more damage. I just don't have rhe time or desire to invest i to the game, so It's bittersweet. So I watch DSC all bosses videos and it is satisfying enough without me investing 100-200 hours into the game which I don't have the luxury of doing.

Yeah I think Arkham City is generally considered the best one. Every time I go to play it though I get bored with the combat, haha. And heck yeah, nothing wrong with watching a play through to get the general game experience without having to play it, IMO.

Last edited:

As for the From Software games I have given up. I tried to play DS3 5 times and just don't have the patience to invest so many hours into learning the clunky fighting system to defeat bosses with swords etc. Using the fireballs or spells is easier yet cheesier. I don't know. Dark Souls is my favortie fantasy mythology themed game with the best setting, maps, bosses, story, music of any game I have ever seen in the history of gaming BUT at the same time It is my most hated game to play because of the fightimg system and difficulty of bosses with huge sweeping attacks that need constant dodging and sometimes 50 or 100 or more tries unless you have grinded up to max level to absorb more damage. I just don't have the time or desire to invest into the game, so It's bittersweet. So I watch DS all bosses videos and it is satisfying enough without me investing 100-200 hours into the game which I don't have the luxury of doing.
City > Asylum > Knight. Knight is a victim of have to add something new to gameplay that ends up taking it backwards. Asylum is a great story and actually fits neatly size wise, city almost got to large but its story pulls it through.

DS isn't that hard but you have to get over the 'panic' reflex, especially on the big bosses. In fact the larger bosses in my experiences are actually the easier bosses.

Still doing Sekiro -- just beat Genichiro, what a cool fight! The real boss fights in this game are great. Also I think I've finally sort of found the flow in this game...where I was still sort of trying to play it like a Souls game before with a lot of evasion, but you really do just have to parry/counter way more often to be really successful in Sekiro.

Insurgence: Sandstorm
COD Blackops Cold War
And I might try Witch It, since I picked it up on Steam for $6. Looks quirky but also sort of fun.

Playing D2R Beta, actually bought the game yesterday as I don't think all the employee should suffer for the actions of a few.

Just installed Path of Exile, played a couple hours, enjoying it so far. Been told there is sooooooo much microtransactions. I even seen an "addon" that was $680!!!

Went back to Mortal Shell since they launched some new DLC content. It's a good little game.

Mafia 2 & DLC. Finishing one DLC and I have to say, it is fairly bad. Might not bother with the other two. Main game wasn't that bad, but the DLC isn't fun.

Metro Exodus

Beat the game but got the bad ending. Started a new game Saturday and so far have only had one mess up. Hoping to get the good ending this time.

Changing it up a bit: Working on getting ISO of Dune up and running, and BOTW emulated at 4k goodness.

Patheon Wrath of the Righteous

Maneater Truth Quest

Won't play either much just prob see if load going to save them for my vacation.

Sniper Elite 4. First time playing the series, and I was expecting a COD type of shooter.
But turns out to be a stealth game and better than I expected. I might try out Sniper Elite 3 afterwards.

What series do you guys like better? Sniper Elite or Sniper Ghost Warrior. I have all the games from both series but it's my first time playing any of them.

Finished Sekiro! It was a super fun game, but the last two boss fights have me feeling hella relieved that it's over. I probably won't play it again any time soon, but I do feel like if I were to that the game would be much easier at least like 9/10ths of the way in just by actually knowing how to approach situations and bosses.

Downloading the ICARUS beta right now to try and squeeze in a couple hours tonight before it ends. I don’t know if I’m a fan of survivalist games since I’ve never played anything in the genre, but watching some YouTube videos today was enough to convince me to pre-order. I’m in a bit of a gaming drought and looking for something to pull me out.

Star Wars Battlefront II

I wish the supremacy servers were more populated though.

For being one of the if not THE Highest grossing film franchises and series worldwide, it's nothing short of a miracle that the servers are not even populated & have many issues with populating them not just by players but by design also.

What a let down on an otherwise amazing super fun multiplayer game. Probably my favorite of them all.

UT2k4 .... big head mode.

ut2k4.5.jpg

Still plugging away at Metro Exodus: Sam's Story. Getting the collectibles together to get the Steam achievements. Really like the story and gameplay.

Still plugging away at Metro Exodus: Sam's Story. Getting the collectibles together to get the Steam achievements. Really like the story and gameplay.
When you say Sam's story, does that mean you can play through with a different hero? I have Metro Exodus in my library just never got around to it yet after completing Metro 2033.

Last edited:
When you say Sam's story, does that mean you can play through with a different hero? I have Metro Exodus in my library just never got around to it yet aftrr compmeting Metro 2033.

No, it's a DLC where you play as different character through a completely different story. It's about 6 hours long and definitely worth playing through if you enjoy the main game.

Everyone is saying Arkham City is a masterpiece.

I thought it was trash. Controls didn't work well at all. Asylum was great. Knight was good, but a bit long winded. Batman Arkham Origins was decent, better than City.

I'd go with:

Asylum
Knight
Origins
City

Wait is UT2K4 still crackin? I'll load it up right now if it is?

I was an OG UT99 GOTY head still my favorite game of all time.

Was so sad when UT3 bombed.
You mean still some active servers? A few. Seems to me a lot went dark last year during the so called lock down and never returned. Some years back I was invited to a private passworded server with a lot of regulars and big list of custom maps. Only up for 8 hours a day. Alas ... no sign of it for over a year now. :(

Wait is UT2K4 still crackin? I'll load it up right now if it is?

I was an OG UT99 GOTY head still my favorite game of all time.

Was so sad when UT3 bombed.
The consolization of UT3 is what killed it. This was after Tim Sweeney started demonizing PC gamers as filthy pirates and lauding consoles as the future of gaming. And now he has come crawling back hoping we'd forget all of that.

Bought two copies of Aliens: Fireteam Elite to play with my nephew's co-op :rolleyes: the reviews are decent I was willing to wait until it drop to 15 or so but my nephew is so obsessed with anything Alien so I gave in and bought him and myself a copy.
Also picked up Wipeout, Wipeout XL, and Wipeout 3 for the PS1 for some anti-gravity racing weekend :cool:

Just finished a much longer than anticipated Super Metroid complete playthrough. 3:50 in game time, closer to 7 hours real time. Wow I'm rusty.
Got lost in Maridia for a while.

Anyway, moving onto Metroid Zero: Mission next as I work through every metroid game before Metroid Dread comes out next month.

I get bored of playing games myself (but enjoy watching others), but did just purchase Divinity Original Sin 2, and Fallout New Vegas with the DLCs. Probably play a couple hours each before not touching it again.. idk if it's mild depression or what, but it kind of sucks because I can see the potential in finishing games.. just never have the "care" to after the first few hours. Hope these stick... :facepalm:

Before, the last game I played was Disco Elysium. Really great.. but same story, for some reason I played it maybe 6 hours taking in the atmosphere and voice acting, enjoyed it for what it was, but no longer want to launch it again and feel like I need something new =/

I used my Steam gift card that I got for trading it my PS4 and some games at Gamestop earlier this year. $140 in total. So I bought FONV, DOS2, and have some more on my list that I want to try, including Mortal Shell and Remnent: From the Ashes. Will wait till these go on sale or really crave them before paying full price just to pay a couple hours
though.

----

Hey maybe I can take this opportunity to ask you guys for some advice? I've always been attracted to CRPGs but the various stats, elements, choices, gear and all is just too overwhelming for me. What are some CRPGs that are relatively *basic* and barebones, but not so barebones that they're amateur and made for 5 year olds? Something that will help a newbie get their bearings without being overwhelmed, but is still geared for adults, and just will serve as a way to bridge the gap to learn the mechanics etc in an easy to understand setting, so that I can move on to the likes of Baldur's Gate EE & Pillars of Eternity? Any recs? I read D:OS2 is a good one which is why I bought it just now. But I feel it's a very large time commitment. Anything shorter and sweeter, too?

tl;dr, recommend a dumb-down CRPGs in the spirit of (or that will help me graduate to) Pillars of Eternity/Baldur's Gate please! 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
My life has been consumed by Tarkov. I cannot stop. This is the game I play for months on end. I have found the one.

Last edited:
Just finished a much longer than anticipated Super Metroid complete playthrough. 3:50 in game time, closer to 7 hours real time. Wow I'm rusty.
Got lost in Maridia for a while.

Anyway, moving onto Metroid Zero: Mission next as I work through every metroid game before Metroid Dread comes out next month.
Is that your first time playing super metroid?! You will really like zero mission if your a fan of metroid. I would Also play Am2r. I can't wait for metroid Dread can't get enough metroid!

Is that your first time playing super metroid?! You will really like zero mission if your a fan of metroid. I would Also play Am2r. I can't wait for metroid Dread can't get enough metroid!
Oh, absolutely not. I actually used to speedrun Super Metroid, but I haven't touched it in many years. The fact that I got lost frustrated me way more because at some point I knew a 100% route by heart.

Metroid is my favorite game series and I'm absolutely stoked to play em again. I also used to know Zero Mission, Fusion and Prime 1 by heart. But it's been years since I played most of them.

I'll be steaming my quasi-competent replays on twitch this time though.

https://m.twitch.tv/theslysyl

This will include my first time playing through AM2R.

Oh, absolutely not. I actually used to speedrun Super Metroid, but I haven't touched it in many years. The fact that I got lost frustrated me way more because at some point I knew a 100% route by heart.

Metroid is my favorite game series and I'm absolutely stoked to play em again. I also used to know Zero Mission, Fusion and Prime 1 by heart. But it's been years since I played most of them.

I'll be steaming my quasi-competent replays on twitch this time though.

https://m.twitch.tv/theslysyl

This will include my first time playing through AM2R.
Oh AM2R is really good especially after not having a metroid game in so long

Back