What are you nerds playing this weekend?

86 hours into ME:LE, Halfway thru ME2.

IMG_9061.jpg
IMG_9062.jpg

Trying to go and play DLC for games I liked. On Rage 2 right now, DLC seems fairly substantial and I'm having fun.

Splinter Cell Blacklist. I could never finish the game close to the end, so giving it another shot from the beginning. I'm not too optimistic about beating it though. Alot of hair pulling and rage in some parts.

Still on the shmups! I actually picked up an ultrawide monitor to play DariusBurst CS on :D Sure it's nice in general to have anyway, but I've been thinking about this game, and playing it on a wider display for a long time. I'm working on a new MAME setup to go with my MiSTer aimed more at arcade games, so I'm also planning to try the original arcade versions on this display as well.

I picked up some other ones for the PC that support 21:9, so I'll be trying them out soon.

Started playing Maneater on Gamepass, wanted something dumb to play and I actually rather enjoyed it. Absolutely not a full price game, but considering it's a game about being a man-eating shark (and that's basically it.) The game has really good exploration, decent combat, a deadpan but rather funny narrator and a story that has a surprising amount of heart in it. If I spent $10-15 on it i'd be more than satisfied.

Started playing Maneater on Gamepass, wanted something dumb to play and I actually rather enjoyed it. Absolutely not a full price game, but considering it's a game about being a man-eating shark (and that's basically it.) The game has really good exploration, decent combat, a deadpan but rather funny narrator and a story that has a surprising amount of heart in it. If I spent $10-15 on it i'd be more than satisfied.
It was "free" on PS+ a few months ago on PS5 and it was mildly entertaining for me as well. I think I got to the 3rd area/level though before I got distracted with another game (FF7 Remake I think since it was free around that time too) and haven't went back to it yet. It's definitely a $10 game or so IMO, but unless you have a lot of time to play games, there's no shortage of better games (both new and old) out right now that I'd rather be playing.

Still replaying through RE8 now trying to get all the trophies/challenges. I'm super glad the game doesn't punish you for using the bonus unlockable weapons with infinite ammo. It's cool how the game changes from suspense to action with such a simple modification, lol. I usually hate speedrunning games, but after running through the game 3 times now doing other challenges, I think I'm ready to try for the 3-hour challenge now that I know the order of things to do and paths to get to everything now. I'm looking forward to playing more of the Mercenaries mode too and trying to get S-Rank in them all.

Mass Effect: Legendary Edition - because some of the textures and lightmaps in the original trilogy look like ass, even by the standards of the day.
Oxygen Not Inlcuded - brilliant base/colony building simulator. Have nearly 2700h in the game and I'm still refining base layouts and designs
Warhammer: Vermintide II - been playing this with a friend out-of-state. It's bloody good fun. Literally.

Dishonored 2. Corvo being voiced is jarring and he just does not shut up at the beginning of this game.

I loved the first one so I’m hoping the Thief but power fantasy vibes are still present.

Just picked-up Far Cry: New Dawn.

Been playing for the last 4 hours. So far am having a blast. Looting stuff wasn't as difficult as I originally thought it would be. Animals have been a challenge but that'll change once I get the appropriate perks.

Guilty Gear -Strive- for sure, along with probably more The Binding of Isaac and Pillars of Eternity. Working on getting a livestream setup going! Guilty Gear will be one of the first games streamed for sure, but I'm still not sure what the general format is going to be like, yet.

Still playing G-String. About 7 hours in, it's getting more interesting.

Also downloaded Ace Combat 7. Been meaning to finish that for a while.

Still working on Assassin's Creed - just finished the harbor assassination. It's very grindy, and I'm getting bored of playing, but I'm going to stick with it.
I at least downloaded reshade and put some filters on, so it looks prettier, which kind of helps!

The kid and I picked up god of war for 10 bucks. The old ps4 fired right up. Tired of listening to “boy” but it’s a fun game so far.

The kid and I picked up god of war for 10 bucks. The old ps4 fired right up. Tired of listening to “boy” but it’s a fun game so far.
This was the one game I wish I would have played before ditching my PS4 (which had been gathering dust with the exception of a few exclusives since I got it on launch day). Hopefully, they'll bring to PC one day like Sony has started doing with a few other titles.

This was the one game I wish I would have played before ditching my PS4 (which had been gathering dust with the exception of a few exclusives since I got it on launch day). Hopefully, they'll bring to PC one day like Sony has started doing with a few other titles.

yea, it’s a release day ps4 that saw a ton of use the first 3 years and then just Netflix in the workout room. Ive been trying find games to play with my 12 year old now that we have burnt out on BOTW. Amazon shows a bunch of great ps4 games for cheap. We will probably play uncharted together next.

Started a new game in Far Cry New Dawn. New game let me keep the armor, weapons and transports purchased in previous playthrough.

I'm actually going through Spiderman Miles Morales. Got my first plat on the original game so figure this might be another tolerable one to platinum. The added venom powers make it a bit more interesting. Giving infamous vibes.

Crysis Remastered. Looks like they changed the default control layouts so I had to remap them. By default it limits your suit powers and removes leaning. On top of that, no more quick saves. Puts a damper on the whole sandbox and find ways to break/throw things around aspect of the gameplay.

For some reason i seem to not be able to stop playing Conan Exiles the past week or two. Just having a lot of fun with it atm. But i do want to continue with Metro Exodus and Horizon Zero Dawn next though once i get tired of playing the other game.

Last Light was a really good game. More fun than I expected and enjoyed it more than 2033 also.
Are you going to play Exodus? Go on a Metro Marathon. It's only fitting.

My first recording with a go pro. Just bought a hero 6 couple days ago and it''s alot better than my android phone I was using which has a 30 minute recording limitation.
Still tinkering with the settings but glad I bought it on sale.

The only thing I don't like about it is how the software split's you're recording's into segments. That's the only drawback but other than that, works as expected.

it's Nintendo revival weekend for me... Breath of the Wild, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Playing a 800 -1000hr+mods play thru of FO4 again for the umpteenth time. First time playing it with my 2060 and Steam, had to disable weapon debris to stop the constant CTD's, plays great now.

Anybody know if I was to install FO4SE or anything else from Nexus, if that would disable achievements in Steam? Just wondering since my son lost his after getting a Creation Club pip-boy mod with only 3hrs on the clock. I've used all matters of console commands and bat files and still have achievements.

Wanted to play Crysis Remastered , but couldn't commit, again....

Been playing older street fighter games on mame and those games are fun as hell still, of course with an arcade joystick.

I also switched up to Ultra SF 4 and SFV and the gameplay speed in those games are slow as hell. The newer SF games aren't bad, but I prefer older Capcom fighters.

Finally finished Assassin's Creed 1, what a grind fest!
I'm on part 2, and it doesn't feel as bad, yet.

Trying to go and play DLC for games I liked. On Rage 2 right now, DLC seems fairly substantial and I'm having fun.
How was rage 2? I just got done playing wolfenstein 2 new collusus it wasn't as good as new order.. Thinking of playing dishonored 2 next

Back