What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I've been playing Ori and the Blind Forest. I'm not usually a fan of 2d platformers but I love this game. It's tough but fair and it's really pretty to look at. I'm looking forward to playing the sequel.

I've been playing Ori and the Blind Forest. I'm not usually a fan of 2d platformers but I love this game. It's tough but fair and it's really pretty to look at. I'm looking forward to playing the sequel.
The sequel is even better. Great, great games, and I normally don't like 2D platformers either.

Started age of empires 2 with a friend for kicks. Supposed to go from 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM........2:00 AM came too fast =).

Have the itch for an FPS game. I guess BF4 is still playable. May pick that up and give it a go for a little bit.

Been playing a lot of Factorio in an attempt to avoid Demon Souls and starting a new save because I one shot an npc i needed when I put my controller down. PS5 triggers are too sensitive lol

Been playing a lot of Factorio in an attempt to avoid Demon Souls and starting a new save because I one shot an npc i needed when I put my controller down. PS5 triggers are too sensitive lol
I played two rounds of Factorio. I went to bed and the images of those loading arm things zipping through my mind. That's all I pictured as I fell asleep. No joke.

Devil May Cry 5

Sandstorm Insurgency game has a bunch of different game modes.

Last edited:
I kind of dropped the things I was playing again, and by chance picked up where I left off way back in Prey (Arkane). It finally pulled me in completely, and I'm really enjoying it. So now I'm kind of bouncing between it and Control with some indie sprinkles here and there. For some reason the first few hours of Prey (while enjoyable) never grabbed me the way I was expecting it to. Especially since System Shock and games of this kind are my absolute favorite. It's sunken in now, and having a blast now. I think I just needed the right mix of engineering ability and neuromods to make the game more fun. And it is definitely fun now. Hoping to finish this play over the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darksiders Genesis is the primary weekend game. I'm in Chapter 3 of Blackguards which is finally rolling along, though I'm not sure my group composition is any good and there's no way to respec that I'm aware of and I would prefer not to restart the game.|

I might dabble some in Invisible, Inc which just didn't click with me back when I originally tried it a few years ago.

Same as last weekend - TLOU Remastered.

I’m a longtime diehard PC gamer playing a PS3 game, remastered for the PS4, on a PS5...and I’m thoroughly engrossed. Wild times.

This weekend...

- Valheim: getting geared and ready for boss #3. Been spending a lot of time creating a giant tree tower.
- Noita: Addictive roguelike that has been scratching that itch for the new Binding of Isaac DLC which is about to release. Incredibly fun game.
-Goldeneye XBLA: The control is too sensitive, but otherwise a lot of fun

Didn't manage to play anything this weekend, but only because I was assembling my new build!

I did end up buying Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate though, my first MK game since like UMK3 I think.

A little Prey as I predicted, but also a bunch of Super Bomberman R and Monaco with my kids on the Switch.

Still working on my Professional Run on Ghouls N Ghost on the Genesis. I can run through Practice pretty quickly. The slight change in RNG on Professional is messing me up. HAHA!

It Takes Two with the wife.

Awesome game and definitely a must-play if you have a console with any friends or family to play with either locally or online, which the other person can play for free and on the same family of consoles (Series to One or PS5 to PS4).

Probably gonna go play some Evil Genius 2. Might work on that Demon Souls platinum trophy tho. Factorio is probably a safe bet too although Im scared of the work Im gonna need to put in because Ive almost used up all the resources in my main system and need to make transporting materials faster which is... a long process. Plus the bugs evolved to big biters so yay

Think I will revisit the amazing Disco Elysium now that its gotten an overhaul, as well as the new Exploration mode in NMS online.

Hexen II is liable to be the primary. I'm playing as a melee class and that's a real change up from playing a magic user in Hexen (read: not as easy to cheese through).

Otherwise I continue to play small bits of Blackguards here and there. One fight I will need to return to because I have no idea what approach I'm even supposed to take to handle the enemies. My tier 3 spells do nothing and my melee guys aren't faring much better.

Was going to play Outriders but they seem to be having major server issues - been down practically all day. New Season of Diablo 3 starts tonight, I may play that instead.

Took a risk and picked up Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous so I'll probably continue my playthrough. So far it's pretty good. Much more in line with standard cRPG games both storyline-wise and gameplay-wise, which is probably good in some ways since a lot of their experiments with kingdom management and such were hit and miss. I liked the first game's storyline better from a uniqueness standpoint, but this one is fine as well.

1617421672576.png

Been hitting up Far Cry 4 a lot lately. Mainly just to see how well polished the game is compared to shortly after release. Am having a blast though the recurring outpost raids are getting too repetitive. Mainly ignore them.

Star Wars Squadrons and CoD Modern Warfare.

Noticed this was happening a bit when playing. Players seem to appear out of thin air and just disappear.

Last edited:
Back