What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Still playing Xenogears on PS3 while I reformat my PC and build the other HTPC/gaming rig with my old parts. I'm going to go hard into learning a new fighting game once everything is set up. Titles on the table are Tekken 7 or KoF 13 right now. Just got a hitbox style controller, so it's all new to me, really.

I'm hunting for the final piece I need for the final essence in Legend of Grimrock II. I've enjoyed my time with the game and find it a more than worthy successor to the original. They improved combat (read: made it harder to cheese) and I found the puzzles solid without being frustrating except for one which was obscure and I ended up looking up.

Then I'll be rolling into replays of the Halo campaigns via Halo MCC on PC. The best part is playing ODST and being able to see things as I originally had the damnedest time making anything out on a not-so-great TV.

Dabbling in Halcyon 6 and Blackguards outside of those two and neither has grabbed my attention.

RDR2. Been putting this one off for a while. Every option turned up as high as it can go at 1440p and getting a nice 80 to 90fps. Damn good looking too. Shouldn't put it off this long.

Crysis 2. The game still is pretty fun for the age. First time playing in close to 8 years and currently enjoying it.
Played at 144hz with Vsync for the first time and it seems to be very optimized for the task being.

More Persona 5 Strikers! It's a fairly big game, in the 4th jail now.
It's a really good sequel to Persona 5.

Also been playing around with mods and tools on a test Minecraft server. Gonna be erasing a majority of unused terrain on my server to regenerate it when 1.1.7 hits in a few months.

RDR2 - I’m on the epilogue. What a fantastic and emotional game.
I finished RDR2 last night, what a journey. I think this is one of those games that will have a lasting impact - one you’ll always remember your first playthrough.

Going with the FF7 remake since it's free. I loved the original back when it was new, but I'm not feeling this remake so far. The acting is up there with some of the worst I've ever seen in a modern game. Gameplay-wise it doesn't know what it wants to be, either. At this point I'm committed to it, but I really hope it gets better.

Hitting up Borderlands 3 for a bit and Carmageddon: Max Damage. Still doing well with just a keyboard and mouse.

Might pick-up another wheel sometime but then again, I'm used to driving with KB/M.

Finished Ori and the Blind Forest and Ori and the Will of the Wisps the past couple of weeks. Now I'm working on Wasteland 3.

BL 3 Directors Cut on Thursday
Going to keep playing Red Dead Redmption. Getting a Covid vaccine the same day.

Last edited:
Wrapping up Halo MCC with Halo 4 which is ending on a low point.

The shooter slot will be open but I don't have too many back log shooters on hand. I may jigger Hexen II into it and push something into the broader Action category which it currently occupies and then find something that grabs my attention from the list.

Fallout 76 for slow, casual play with my brother. Then some Destiny two with a friend I enjoy playing with.

Crysis 2. The game still is pretty fun for the age. First time playing in close to 8 years and currently enjoying it.
Played at 144hz with Vsync for the first time and it seems to be very optimized for the task being.

Damn, this game was graphically ahead of its time. It still looks like it could pass for a game released now 8 years later. It's like $7 on steam rn too.

I have not played any of the Crysis games yet. May have to take them for a spin. =)

More Control I think. More Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection. A bit more Foregone. Probably about it.

Still playing Silent Hill Homecoming. The game is pretty bad, but I'm near the end so I'm committed.

Going with the FF7 remake since it's free. I loved the original back when it was new, but I'm not feeling this remake so far. The acting is up there with some of the worst I've ever seen in a modern game. Gameplay-wise it doesn't know what it wants to be, either. At this point I'm committed to it, but I really hope it gets better.
Do t feel bad. It is a shitty game.

Metro Exodus was a great game, and the graphics were insane with HDR and RTX (some scenes on the train almost looked real).

However, they kind of veered far off their roots, and the open-world aspect didn't really pan out. It's not until the later part of the game that it goes back to corridor survival horror.

Still well worth playing. I want to go back and play the remasters, the first two games were some of the best.

Metro Exodus was a great game, and the graphics were insane with HDR and RTX (some scenes on the train almost looked real).

However, they kind of veered far off their roots, and the open-world aspect didn't really pan out. It's not until the later part of the game that it goes back to corridor survival horror.

Still well worth playing. I want to go back and play the remasters, the first two games were some of the best.

I think it worked out great. It wasn't open world but rather a few big open ended maps intermixed with a few linear maps. Nothing obscenely large with just the right amount of exploration, finding new approaches and keeping things fresh as you only stayed in an area for a few hours.

Yeah, the game was still great. Personally I just liked the original formula, but at least they tried to do something different.

Raining all weekend, so I'll be indoors for the most part.

Going to pick up Elder Scrolls Online again. They completely rehauled the CP tree line, so I'm excited to see how this transforms the game. Hoping for a more balanced gameplay throughout..

Last edited:
I've started playing Dreamfall Chapters like 3 times (from the beginning) but never finished it. The game seems pretty cool, want to go back and finish some day.

I've started playing Dreamfall Chapters like 3 times (from the beginning) but never finished it. The game seems pretty cool, want to go back and finish some day.
I loved The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Completely forgot I had DF Chapters until I reviewed my Steam library today.

Back