What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Finished Wasteland 3 - enjoyed my time with it; And currently trying to get into something new. Played through the first bit of Kingdom Come Deliverance (though its failed to hook me yet), but still have a hankering for a crpg (Original Sin 2 being at the top of my 'to-do' list).

Playing Silent Hill Homecoming. I know the reviews were bad, but the game is actually okay. Not great, and I had to use some mods to get it working, but I'm having fun.

Finally got my 3089 back from rma and hoping to start up cyberpunk this weekend once I get my loop setup.

Nioh 2 started over I cant play games unless till my data cap resets or they have to be single player games reinstalled my 6 TB spinner due to lack of SSD space. SSDs are OK but only if they are like 2TB drives which I only own one of and 4 1TB drives.

I find myself in the middle of a few games now.

I'm around 70% done with Cyber Shadow (and it keeps getting better and better the further I play).

Playing Super Mario 3D World on the Switch with my daughters.

Playing a single area at a time (slowly chipping away) Blue Fire.

Still playing RAGE 2 a few minutes at a time. I pretty much look for an area to fight people, then finish that up, save, and quit.

World of Warcraft. Started on a new server and playing Alliance for the first time in like a decade.

I can't get off this shit.

Have you tried methadone? :p
Holy shit dude. I just can't stop this freaking game. I'll get off for a few days, currently tried with Valheim, and nope. Sucked right back into it three days later. Its been like, what, sixteen years now? ack

Holy shit dude. I just can't stop this freaking game. I'll get off for a few days, currently tried with Valheim, and nope. Sucked right back into it three days later. Its been like, what, sixteen years now? ack

At least you're getting your money's worth! :D

Played a game of Smite arena mode. Played the copy of Rage 2 from Epic for free before quickly uninstalling.

I was playing Time Gal on Sega CD emulator. Always wanted to play that game as a kid and never had a Sega CD.

Next I want to try Snatcher, seems like a classic game I wouldn't want to miss.

Jotun - cracked it out after having gotten ~30% of the way through years ago.

Thief: Deadly Shadows - what a let down after playing The Dark Project and The Metal Age right before this one. They should have embraced the horror and weirdness more and explained the Keepers less. Oh well.

Owlboy - This is taking up my relaxation game slot. It’s alright so far, though I’m pretty certain it’s supposed to be hitting some nostalgia for experiences I never had.

Xenogears -- only completed about 75% or so as a kid, but will complete 100% of it as an adult. 👍

There's something I really like about PS1 games that intermingle 2D and 3D graphics like this one.

151647649_4459041557446122_5045802925498866528_o.jpg

I must have OCD wrote Dead by Daylight twice.
I never even played the game before just want to try it can't believe it's still active today.

I pretty much put everything I was playing on hold. I had gotten a somewhat obscure "metroid-vania" game a long while back called "Outbuddies". The graphical style looked cool, and it reminded me of a slightly rougher around the edges Axiom Verge. I started playing it, but didn't get hooked right away, and the mechanics seemed a bit odd at first. I put it down at the time after about an hour or two. I saw it available on the Switch, and thought I'd give it another shot, because it still looked really cool, and like I SHOULD like it. This time I got hooked, the mechanics became second nature, and the game is incredibly good. Highly recommend it if you're looking for something like this. It starts a little slow, but after you leave the first area, it starts picking up properly like any good game in the genre should. I'd put it up there with my other favorites of the style. Since I'm playing on the Switch now instead of Steam, I can put more time into it when I'm not in front of the computer. Not a bad way to play it. It's now called "Outbuddies DX". I don't think it had the DX when I first got it on Steam when it was released. Anyway, good game. I'm about 70% through, just because I haven't been able to put it down.

I just finished Outbuddies DX, and started playing Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection. It's hard like the originals (I'd put the difficulty in between Ghouls n Ghosts arcade and Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES). They did a really nice job on it, and included the best things from the original Ghosts n Goblins, and Ghouls n Ghosts, then added a ton more variety to it. If you like any of the originals, grab this one.

Loaded up Warframe last night. Went to bed before I could really get anywhere with it. In the 45m I did play, seemed decent enough to play for a bit.

Doom Eternal - Just installed a 3090 couple weeks ago and that was what I decided to try first. Its a lot of fun, but it is raising my heart rate too much. Have to quit at least an hour before bed or I'm too jacked up to sleep for a while.

I just finished Outbuddies DX, and started playing Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection. It's hard like the originals (I'd put the difficulty in between Ghouls n Ghosts arcade and Super Ghouls n Ghosts on the SNES). They did a really nice job on it, and included the best things from the original Ghosts n Goblins, and Ghouls n Ghosts, then added a ton more variety to it. If you like any of the originals, grab this one.
Hoping it comes to pc soon!! Super gng is in my top 10 greatest games of all time

Doom Eternal - Just installed a 3090 couple weeks ago and that was what I decided to try first. Its a lot of fun, but it is raising my heart rate too much. Have to quit at least an hour before bed or I'm too jacked up to sleep for a while.
I just started this as well but kind of not feeling it... will try to pick it up again this happend with Witcher 3 well

Jumping around a few games. Still Playing Taiko no Tatsujin, almost done with the first RPG adventure. Gotten a few worlds into Super Mario World 3D on Switch, love that game.

Been playing Persona 5 Strikers when the wife is home because she loved Persona 5 and cares about the story, but she hasn't started her own file yet. I'm in the 3rd jail and I'm really enjoying it. Also a competent PC port, which is nice.

It may be limited to 60fps, but it's a rock solid 60fps at 4k with my 1080ti and that's so much better than the slideshow that Hyrule Heroes is.

Been aching for a new city builder/management game once I'm done with these. Probably either Frost Punk or Surviving Mars.

I spent a rather nice evening playing airborne kingdom, which has some pretty neat ideas - but there really wasn't much to spice it up once you got go the end game.

Last edited:
I’m wrapping Guacamelee 2 up by going back for the alternate ending. I enjoyed this quite a bit as I find the gelling of movement and traversal scratches a particular itch (see also: Ori and the Blind Forest). It’s been a while since I played the original and the sequel seemed more difficult to me. Cracked out in ~9.5 hours.

I’ll have to figure out what’s next. I may put another hour into Jade Empire to assure myself it never rises above mediocre and I can put it away forever and miss nothing.

Runescape because it's a double xp event for me and wifey
The Division 1 Global Event Onslaught and Division 2 league events

I'm always playing Hunt:Showdown ...

BUTT!

Since I have Game Pass .. I loaded up Doom Eternal because I really enjoyed Doom 2016 ..

Game plays great on my setup with all settings maxed @ 1440p .. smooth as buttuh'

BUTT!

It's not as engaging as Doom 2016 was .. I'm going through it a few levels at a time and trying to find all the secret stuff as I go .. it's alright I guess though ..

Age of Conan finally figured out how to navigate off the Island maybe 10 years later =P

View attachment 333183
A very underrated MMORPG. I had a blast playing from the beginning when it was subscription only, and had the physical collectors edition which was superb with maps, double CD, cards, miniatures etc. It was derided on release due to the mid and later-level content not being completed. They filled out the gaps within a few months, but at that point unfortunately, people had forgotten about it. Funcom did a great job with the IP, very true to the novelettes (as true as one can get to representing a literary world in a MMORPG). The soundtrack was second to none. I haven't touched it since it went "free"-to-play.

The game really pushed the graphics envelope on release by using some newer Dx10 features e.g. advanced illumination/god rays, post processing. At the time, I was only able to get 30-40 FPS after the big dx10 patch with my 680 SLI machine.

Last edited:
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. Absolutely hated it the last time I tried. But giving it a go again. Map design is lame, a lot more running around than other BL games. Wonky physics for driving like usual, but now you need to jump in the vehicle which is odd.

Aside from that it is okay. I've since finished BL3 so I figure I may as well play through this one. Movement and shooting was better in BL3.

I just started this as well but kind of not feeling it... will try to pick it up again this happend with Witcher 3 well
It took me a bit too, not my usual fare. I usually play longer, slower rpg's, but this one intrigued me as much as an fps could and I felt like a change of pace. There is a story, but I'm not really following it. What it does have is frantic exciting battles with hordes of demons of really good variety and tactics. Between the graphics and optimization if plays really well on almost any setup. I would bet I'm only 2/3rds through it playing 5-6 times now around 1.5 hours per play. Its a rush for sure.

I'm always playing Hunt:Showdown ...

BUTT!

Since I have Game Pass .. I loaded up Doom Eternal because I really enjoyed Doom 2016 ..

Game plays great on my setup with all settings maxed @ 1440p .. smooth as buttuh'

BUTT!

It's not as engaging as Doom 2016 was .. I'm going through it a few levels at a time and trying to find all the secret stuff as I go .. it's alright I guess though ..
I am right with you, I loved Doom 2016, Eternal has new mechanics that I did not enjoy as much. The visuals are outstanding though!

Back