What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Split between playing The Division 2's Global Event Exposure(not that great TBH) and a 2nd playthrough of Cyberpunk 2077.

Playing some DayZ and Tarkov. Downloaded Destiny 2 to see how it runs on the new 3070/5600x. Hey guys, I love PC gaming.

What is DayZ like these days? I got the game right at alpha release years ago, put about 40 hours in over the next 2 years and just dropped off.

DayZ is something I just started recently because a friend is super into it. The gunplay is tolerable, the amount of guns is pretty respectable, looting and hoarding is always fun. I haven't been following the game really closely, but I think the game is in about as good of a place as it's going to be and most of the longhaulers seem to be enjoying it.

I've gotten stuck on a game bug in Cyberpunk so I'm putting it to the side, I'm playing some Deus Ex Human Revolution this weekend.

Division 1 global event Blackout

I will try to finish up the Ghost Recon:Breakpoint Amber Sky live event too since I only have 3 missions left. It's really not that fun of an event. and I'm not the only one that doesn't like it.

Playing Cyber Shadow right now with a side of RAGE 2 and Borderlands 3.

Just started resident evil 7... wow what an intro Capcom rocks!! I should have started playing this before Witcher 3 and metal gear v both of which I shelved, deleted mgv Konami is trash.. .Honestly love re in 1st person. It's so in your face. Really glad I picked this up for 4.99 lol. For some reason it gives me that feeling I got when playing the first resident evil on ps1 for the first time, chills! That is hard to do in this day and age with video games!

Arx Fatalis - making progress in the main quest after exploring down to level 8, killing the monster that took out the dwarven settlement (spoiler from 2002: the dwarves are dead), and finally going back to talk to Erzog because I didn’t realize I was supposed to do that. I am digging it despite the jank and age. Play with French voiceovers where possible as the English dub is atrociously acted.

Legend of Grimrock 2 - dipping my toes in to see how it goes. I enjoyed the original quite a bit and the change to mixed over world exploration with multiple paths is refreshing. I delved into a slightly higher level dungeon and almost lost half my party to two basic enemies.

Just finished DOOM Eternal and the first DLC and after getting my ass kicked, I needed something with a little slower pace.

So. . . .started Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts and not bad so far. I like the fact that they let you play it the way you want to.
Does look like a short game but for $30 it was worth the chance. Looks like a follow on (Contracts 2) comes out in March or so. If this first one holds, and the next is priced similar, might grab it after any bugs are worked out.

Also reloaded Fallout 4- in case I need an escape from the real world.

RDR2, game looks pretty great at max settings with HDR on. I’m going to finally try and really sink my teeth into this game, it’s supposedly a great story.

"What are you nerds playing this weekend?"

My dick.

Seriously, interesting reading this. I haven't played a Single Payer for like 8 years, but I also couldn't play any games between min 2013 and mid 2019. I saw someone was playing RAGE 2. lol. I think Rage 1 was the last game I played.

Isn't it cheaper to have a PC Xbox subscription (or others) and rent games rather than pay for them?

It depends how often you game.... a Single Player game typically lasts me between 40~90 hours.... and if I am LUCKLY, I get maybe 4~6 hours of gaming time in a week... lol. So games last me a long time... not to mention, I only play maybe 1 Multiplayer game, which those tend to last along time too.

I want to play NIOH 2 this week but it's going to have to wait until next week because it's released on Friday 5th.

It depends how often you game.... a Single Player game typically lasts me between 40~90 hours.... and if I am LUCKLY, I get maybe 4~6 hours of gaming time in a week... lol. So games last me a long time... not to mention, I only play maybe 1 Multiplayer game, which those tend to last along time too.
That's right. I get that. I play one MMO too. I have mature accounts on EVE (est. 2005) and Mortal Online est. 2008 (Mortal Online 2 coming out soon!), but the games are so dense, really you can only play one at a time. I also LOVE Mechwarrior Online, but have not played since 2012.

I'm facing a bit of burnout. I've been a regular of World of Warcraft sine closed beta in 2004. Right now I have little motivation to play. I'll spend 45m chewing out a mythic dungeon and get nothing out of it. Raiding is stressful. Just kind of spinning my wheels.

Fired up Path of Exile again. Its ok I guess. I'm only playing it because there really isn't anything else to play.

I've got Fallout 4 and Witcher. Don't care for story lines. I'm not a fan of quests. I just want to log in and get to it. I don't want chores, dailies, or story lines. Just log in and run maps. Log in and run dungeons. That's it. That's why I stick around for Path of Exile.

Must have spent an hour cruising through the Steam list. Nothing pops out. Few have mentioned ESO. Iunno. Seems like a bit of questing and story lines. No different than Warcraft.

Keep poking around I guess.

Getting in to Anno 2205. Working on reaching the orbital station right now and just grabbed another plot of land mainly to fulfill energy and resident needs.

I'm facing a bit of burnout. I've been a regular of World of Warcraft sine closed beta in 2004. Right now I have little motivation to play. I'll spend 45m chewing out a mythic dungeon and get nothing out of it. Raiding is stressful. Just kind of spinning my wheels.

Fired up Path of Exile again. Its ok I guess. I'm only playing it because there really isn't anything else to play.

I've got Fallout 4 and Witcher. Don't care for story lines. I'm not a fan of quests. I just want to log in and get to it. I don't want chores, dailies, or story lines. Just log in and run maps. Log in and run dungeons. That's it. That's why I stick around for Path of Exile.

Must have spent an hour cruising through the Steam list. Nothing pops out. Few have mentioned ESO. Iunno. Seems like a bit of questing and story lines. No different than Warcraft.

Keep poking around I guess.
If you like MMOs and want a challenge, you should try the upcoming release of Mortal Online 2. I've been playing off and on since 2008. It's hard core, unlike WWC/EQ etc. It's also direct target, not tab targeting, so you really need to practice your combat skills. Tons of very serious players. The game is almost completely guild driven, and you need a guild to really have a lot of fun, but you can also solo anytime you want. it's just more fun to play with people. There is a LOT of politics in the game, and I don't mean personal drama crap, but necessary interactions with other guilds, for instance, to prevent wars or secure trade routes. Mainly that is taken care of by guild officers, so you don't need to worry about it. However, the actions of you and other guild members directly impacts everything in the game. That makes it fun because everyone is interconnected. You can play casually if you like also. You should check it out. It's clearly an adult game. You never see kiddies running around. It's too hard for them, and it's not for the instant gratification crowd, either.

For instance, learning to PvP is rightfully called "embracing the suck" because it is NOT easy and it DOES suck, but like anything worth doing, if it's worth doing, it's not easy. They are updating Mortal Online original to the Unreal 4 engine, and everything has been built from the ground up.

RDR2, A Plague Tale, and I re-downloaded BF4 which I haven’t played in a long while. RDR2 is consuming most of my time though. It’s a slow burn and you really form a connection with the characters - particularly Arthur.

Just finished Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts. Good game, no major issues, no crashes. Looking forward to the second one coming out in March or so.

I'm playing Metroid Prime 3 through the latest PrimeHack.I originally played through Prime 1 last year, but MP3 was not really figure out before I ultimately gave-up on it.

Now, it;s playing incredibly smoothly...good,, because i hated the fucking motion controllers it required, and never got pas the opening; keyboard + mouse = FPS gaming nirvana!

Last edited:
I am going to play rocket league. I never got into it.

At the beginning it was a paid game so I did not bother because I am so cheap. But its free now and also I have time now. so I will try it out lol

Resubbed to WoW just to see some of the changes since quitting with BFA pretty early on -- it's kind of fun but I still haven't bought the expansion yet. I think I'd like to quest through the new material fine, but I can't imagine getting very involved with raiding this time. hmm. I did get the Solar Spirehawk mount from Rukhmar over the weekend though, hah.

Started playing through Blasphemous, and it's kind of a mixed bag right now. Beautiful game -- it's tough but not overly difficult, the atmosphere is nice and creepy, but it feels like it's trying a little too hard to capture the Dark Souls vibe with the world's lore. The way it's telling the story through the item descriptions and odd character interactions feels a bit disjointed right now. I'm not super far into it yet, but I feel like Hollow Knight did a better job of capturing the spirit of Dark Souls while being something cohesive all its own.

Looking to start an FPS soon as well as it's been a hot minute -- looking at either Doom (not Eternal, the first reboot one) or continuing the Halo series replaying Halo 2.

Taiko no Tatsujin:. Rhythm Adventure 1+2 on Switch

You are a drum with a face. It's an RPG with an overworld, cities, npcs, a time traveling, globe spanning story, equipment, levels, monster collection elements, random battles and the battles are 100% a drum based music rhythm game.

It's weird as fuck and I'm really enjoying it.

Resubbed to WoW just to see some of the changes since quitting with BFA pretty early on -- it's kind of fun but I still haven't bought the expansion yet. I think I'd like to quest through the new material fine, but I can't imagine getting very involved with raiding this time. hmm. I did get the Solar Spirehawk mount from Rukhmar over the weekend though, hah.

Started playing through Blasphemous, and it's kind of a mixed bag right now. Beautiful game -- it's tough but not overly difficult, the atmosphere is nice and creepy, but it feels like it's trying a little too hard to capture the Dark Souls vibe with the world's lore. The way it's telling the story through the item descriptions and odd character interactions feels a bit disjointed right now. I'm not super far into it yet, but I feel like Hollow Knight did a better job of capturing the spirit of Dark Souls while being something cohesive all its own.

Looking to start an FPS soon as well as it's been a hot minute -- looking at either Doom (not Eternal, the first reboot one) or continuing the Halo series replaying Halo 2.

Finished Blasphemous last night -- ended up really enjoying it. The boss fights are pretty fun and the dark imagery really makes the game. I got both endings but I don't know if I have it in me to go after the DLC right now, which requires you to do a NG+.

Also started leveling a Monk in WoW on the side. Right now leveling is pretty quick -- I'm leveling through WoD, supposedly it's to be the quickest at roughly 12 hours to level cap due to the more efficient questing paths. Interested in possibly playing the Monk as a healer, though I really can't remember off-hand if monks are considered to be especially great anymore.

Been playing Days Gone since it was free with the PS5 and even runs at 60fps now. It's okay, but is definitely just a "hold me over" game until I move on to something better.

Seems the early access Baldur's Gate 3 is getting a huge update at the end of the week, so that's definitely on my radar to finally play. If Nioh 2 gets some additional patches/support that's another one I hope to play soon.

Back