What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I've been playing Resolutiion. It's got a similar look to Hyper Light Drifter, but plays quite a bit differently. It takes itself a little less seriously, and injects a bit of humor into the story and environments, while still maintaining a nice, dark setting. If you like pixels, overhead perspective, and tight action with a good chunk of RPG and metroid progression and regression, then this one is highly recommended. Also the soundtrack is amazing. Kind of a mix of say Mass Effect and Deus Ex HR or something along those lines.

Nice! I hadn't seen this. I'm going to check it out. My daughters just started playing the Mirror's Edge games a few days ago, so I guess we're going to be in parkour mode for a bit. :D
You actually beat hollow knight? Lol I feel like it's never ending but in a good way ! Still can't believe how huge the world is

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

Dragon Age Inquistion starting over because I lost my save file a few years back

Remanant from the Ashes finally got the Queen to spawn but I had a group of 3 and she kicked our butts.

Going through The Last of Us Remastered prior to TLoU2 coming out. Like with a lot of games I replay, I'm enjoying it a lot more since I understand the important mechanics vs. the pointless ones. I originally thought the game was pretty "meh" but I'm mostly digging it this time. At least other than those damned clickers.

Trying to get into Escape from Tarkov since I've gotten bored with COD Warzone. Just trying to learn the basics of the game takes so much time. I should have started this at the beginning of the lockdown and I would maybe have it learned by now.

You actually beat hollow knight? Lol I feel like it's never ending but in a good way ! Still can't believe how huge the world is

Just about. I just have the last boss fight to do now, but I decided to take a little break and play something different. I'll swing back and polish it off afterward. I had played it for so many hours straight due to working 3 days a week from home :D Resolutiion was just the thing I needed. Totally different game style, but still has a lot of the same types of elements. (progression, backtracking, new weapons and abilities, cool story (bro?) :D and the graphics and sound are top notch)

I'm currently playing 'waiting in the GeForce Now queue for 2 hours because I wanted to play a quick game of rocket league while my actual computer is encoding some videos but there are 200 people ahead of me'

The future, ladies and gentlemen 🙃🔫

Just about. I just have the last boss fight to do now, but I decided to take a little break and play something different. I'll swing back and polish it off afterward. I had played it for so many hours straight due to working 3 days a week from home :D Resolutiion was just the thing I needed. Totally different game style, but still has a lot of the same types of elements. (progression, backtracking, new weapons and abilities, cool story (bro?) :D and the graphics and sound are top notch)
Resolutiion looks alot like hyper light drifter. I have yet to play hld....if u ever finish hollow knight lol
I'm not sure how far along I am but I defeated the 3 white dream things on the map. I just defeated the 6 knights, 5 really :). Charm combinations are so important. Are you going to achieve the true final ending?
Btw just picked up re7 it was on sale for 9 dollars. Hopefully it's as good as the hype. I'm so used to re in 3rd person that 1st person might actually be alot scarier! Will wait for nighttime to play this! Glad I finally picked it up as the village was just announced and continuing from re7.
Has anyone played cathedral? I've recently seen it and curious if it's any good?

Jeez will wait for a huge sale in that case!
Actually, it's not that bad. I'm getting into it now.

The gamepad controls were off and I had to spend like 2 hours tweaking the numbers. But it's good now.

Last edited:
Game pad for 1st person shooter lol never could do that...3rd person and side scrollers,over head games on controller. Rts and 1st person mouse and keyboard only.

Curious if anyone has purchased from g2a.com? Is it a legit website to buy games from? I know cd keys is fine bc I've bought from there before

Curious if anyone has purchased from g2a.com? Is it a legit website to buy games from? I know cd keys is fine bc I've bought from there before

Regarding G2A.com the website itself is generally legit, however there are sellers that are selling grey market keys. So, sure some keys will be legit, some won't.

General "buyer beware" rules apply.

Regarding G2A.com the website itself is generally legit, however there are sellers that are selling grey market keys. So, sure some keys will be legit, some won't.

General "buyer beware" rules apply.
Thanks for the heads up so it is not as safe as cd keys then

Will try Division 2 TU10 and the new manhunt season(if it's out yet) but I will probably rage quit after an hour.

Not very many good reviews on reddit. Game pisses me off

The Division 1, cos the Dark Zone is actually fun unlike that pathetic abomination of 3 small DZs in the second game. Sweden must have some good weed there.

Divinity Original Sin 2

Finally off reaper coast just landed on the a different island only 24 percent of people on Steam have that achivement.

I actually can't decide what to play this weekend. I'm almost done with Resolutiion, and I kind of want to finish Doom Eternal. There's a lot going on this weekend though, so I'll probably just fill in time gaps with some classics on MiSTer.

I actually can't decide what to play this weekend. I'm almost done with Resolutiion, and I kind of want to finish Doom Eternal. There's a lot going on this weekend though, so I'll probably just fill in time gaps with some classics on MiSTer.
How's doom eternal? I jus beat hollow knight! I really don't understand the story at all unfortunately but I can't wait for silk song. I love metroidvaniaz!

Playing Disco Elysium this weekend. I got it for cheap off GoG. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the game, I like it and I enjoy the dialogue but I wonder how puzzle heavy this game will be which isn't really my jam.

Working.

But, playing Half Life: Alyx for about 30min each evening. I haven't been this blown away by a game since Half Life 2. Just in terms of "advancement." Sure, I've enjoyed many a game since...but it's hard to not see how things can be going forward. It's exciting.

It thinks you suck. :p
I later posted how much I loved it. It's a great game actually, just a little different than I expected.

My main issue was the gamepad analog config had strange defaults, but it may be cause I'm playing through Proton.

Carry on.

I'm playing Rage 2, I like it a lot. Lots of action, with minimal story getting in the way.

It got mixed reviews, but I loved Rage (also mixed reviews) and Mad Max (great game, but seriously underrated).

I'm playing Rage 2, I like it a lot. Lots of action, with minimal story getting in the way.

It got mixed reviews, but I loved Rage (also mixed reviews) and Mad Max (great game, but seriously underrated).

I actually love the action parts of RAGE 2, but it seems like you have to go a bit far out of your way to get into the good ones. I definitely like the first RAGE better, but I am going to give RAGE 2 another try sometime soon. It just didn't seem as cohesive as the first one. Maybe I just need to get a little further along though. I'm not that far in yet. It kind of fell by the wayside when some other things I wanted to play came along.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually love the action parts of RAGE 2, but it seems like you have to go a bit far out of your way to get into the good ones. I definitely like the first RAGE better, but I am going to give RAGE 2 another try sometime soon. It just didn't seem as cohesive as the first one. Maybe I just need to get a little further along though. I'm not that far in yet. It kind of fell by the wayside when some other things I wanted to play came along.
RAGE 2 is definitely a different game than the first one, but I think it's more like what people were actually expecting.

I'm 24 hours in, and getting closer to the end. I spent a lot of time just driving around and doing random side missions so I could upgrade my character. I'm almost maxed out, just missing a couple things. Now I am finishing the story but I'm a super soldier.

The story is kind of weak, but the action gameplay is some of the best, the super powers, upgrades, and everything. Well worth playing.

Runescape(archeaology is starting to burn me out) Level 108/120
The Division 1 DZ, leveling another toon to 99, just hit 78 this morning. TD1's Dark Zone is so much better in every way, a lot fun playing cat n mouse with rogues.
The Division 2 new manhunt season, can't stand this game, it feels like TD1's version of 1.3. I hope TU10 has brought improvements to the game. Maybe I'll just group up with [H]ard Forum clan members and get it over with.
Doom:Eternal

So I been playing a bunch of Warzone past couple weeks, but I started playing Red Faction Guerrila: Re-mars-tered and I am having a bunch of fun with that... blowing shit up and destroying stuff bit by bit is really fun.

Ended up playing Sniper Elite 4 instead waiting for Borderlands 3 to drop then played The Division 2.

Last edited:
Started playing Enslaved Odyssey to the West.

I know it is old and kind of a crappy console port, but I never had a PS3 and always wanted to play it.

Seems okay so far, but definitely feels like a console game.

Picked up a couple of copies of Star Wars Battlefront2 Celebration Ed for me and my oldest to play together. 19.99 on steam at the moment. We will get 40 bucks worth of fun out of the coop and single player alone.

Back