What are you nerds playing this weekend?

20 minutes? I think he meant to say 20 seconds, when you encounter gundyr. DS1 also had a blocker boss at the start, but not quite like this one. anyway, as they say, git gud. One other thing, if he was talking about dancer, and you can encounter her early, best to go the other way, else be prepared for pain.

20 minutes? I think he meant to say 20 seconds, when you encounter gundyr. DS1 also had a blocker boss at the start, but not quite like this one. anyway, as they say, git gud. One other thing, if he was talking about dancer, and you can encounter her early, best to go the other way, else be prepared for pain.
No I was definitely talking about Gundyr. But I was counting taking the early area slow and reading the messages on the ground. Not just running forward and getting punted into the ground.

I took a lot of tried to get through that boss.... and then later on with more honed skills did it with a Deprived character easy peasy. It’s funny how that works out.

I pretty much dropped everything because Hollow Knight pulled me in so hard. Luckily I started it on the Switch, so I can feed my addiction anywhere in the house :D

I pretty much have the entire map opened, all transportation options open, Godhome accessible, several of the fights completed, etc. Just can’t stop playing this game.

So I decided to put Witcher 3 down after the weird botchling part. I still don't understand what's so special about the game...anyways I got bored of it and fired up Hollow Knight. This entire time running around the entire map (ran thru the entire jellyfish world without dash)and I just needed to go fight the hornet to get dash lol....so now I'm into deep nest finally it's pulled me in like you! Just saved the little Zote character he's funny lol Getting serious super Metroid vibes, loving it the atmophere and music are grand along with gameplay. Still totally lost on the story though hopefully that starts to come thru...

Last edited:
The first time I put Witcher 3 down was after the Botchling part and I had the same sentiment, I don't get it. A few months later I picked it up again and it just clicked. The story seemed to really pick up for me.

This weekend I've been playing a lot of F12019 and Warzone, I think I'm going to pick up Animal Crossing today and see what everyone has been raving about.

The first time I put Witcher 3 down was after the Botchling part and I had the same sentiment, I don't get it. A few months later I picked it up again and it just clicked. The story seemed to really pick up for me.

This weekend I've been playing a lot of F12019 and Warzone, I think I'm going to pick up Animal Crossing today and see what everyone has been raving about.
I'm Def not giving up yet but hollow knight has hooked me hard. I'm a sucker for metroidvanias so that's not a surprise. I really want to fire up Warzone though heard it's fun!

Hunt...again.

I havent tried to play hunt in forever (since you used to have streamers embedded on site) Loved the atmosphere but never was any good at it so shelved it. Might dust it off again.

Mount and Blade 2 has pretty much taken over my quarantine. I've logged 87 hours since release with no end in sight.

Also been playing The Witcher 3 with my wife. Started with TW2, the first real video game she's ever played. It's been a blast watching her go from making me do almost everything while she makes dialogue choices, to her taking command of the game and not even letting me give input when she gets to hard parts.

Mount and Blade 2 has pretty much taken over my quarantine. I've logged 87 hours since release with no end in sight.

Also been playing The Witcher 3 with my wife. Started with TW2, the first real video game she's ever played. It's been a blast watching her go from making me do almost everything while she makes dialogue choices, to her taking command of the game and not even letting me give input when she gets to hard parts.
How's the Witcher 3? I'm trying to get into it but I shelved it for hollow knight lol

Ah, back into Elder Scrolls Online again. Just picked up some dlcs goodies on sale from cdkeys. Going to knock our Elswyr region this week and roll a necromancer.

Is FO76 worth picking up if you are mostly a solo player? I never finished FO4, I think I got bored with it at some point.

Until then, have been playing outward. It has a lot of good features... and also somewhat a lack of direction which I don't like.

Is FO76 worth picking up if you are mostly a solo player? I never finished FO4, I think I got bored with it at some point.

Until then, have been playing outward. It has a lot of good features... and also somewhat a lack of direction which I don't like.

Haven't played in a year or so, but it was pretty fun up until a point. I played mostly solo and an occasional friend here and there.

If you can get it for cheap, it's worth a try.

I'm probably just going to keep replaying RDR2. I figured I'd just get out of the mountains and reach the "real" part of the game, but at this point I'm hooked and will probably play the whole damn thing again. Luckily the PC version alleviates some of the issues with the console versions. Knowing what you can and can't ignore also comes in handy.

You definitely can. I played almost entirely solo outside of a little bit of co-op with my wife. The early sections of the game are really well done, but prior to the new "Wastelanders" expansion fell off hard after you hit the eastern portions of the map. The new content fixes a lot of that and gives people more reasons to keep playing. My wife loves the game, but eventually got bored and bailed last Fall. She picked it up back up last week and swears it's better than ever now.

A buddy got a random wild hair and has decided he wants to stream some Resident Evil 5 co-op. So I guess I’m going to be doing RE5 and whiskey Friday nights now. Should be a fun time, we played through it together about a year ago.

I'll be starting a fresh playthrough of RDR2 on the PC (made it through about mid-chapter 2 on the xbox) Will also be playing the FF7 remake.

And finally, I may hop in and start a new character for FO76 Wastelanders, or just keep going with my existing character (level 19).

Black Mesa

I never played the original HL. Glad I waited. Gun play is weaker than I would like, but it is an old engine. Everything else is great. Xen levels are incredible.

Last edited:
Warzone and iRacing. Built a new rig recently from my old i7 920..... amazing to have a computer again

The Division 2 and TD1 lol. TD1 has another Global Event going on, I hope it's not the last one. TD2 has that WONY season pass event too.
RDR2

Probably continue leveling my character in City of Heroes but may try FO76 again and since I got the New York expansion for Division 2, will most likely give it a try for a while.
Got "We Happy Few" on sale a bit ago and will most likely play that also.
Starting to get the XCom 2 itch again so that's possibly on the plate.

Dug out Mass Effect, modded it to a decent state, imported an old level 60 Adept from my Backups and have been playing through it. Will probably do this with the whole series. I'm fairly fatigued with the slew of "games as a service" offerings, so figured I'd relive some of the icons as I patiently wait for Cyberpunk. Ordered a Valve Index and HL:Alyx a month back, but it's still another 2 months back ordered. It's been interesting replaying ME and seeing how it stands up. Loads of gameplay mechanics, graphics and animations could be updated, but the story and character development is still top notch.

Last edited:
Is there a work around for playing Warzone on win 8.1? Really don't feel like upgrading an entire os for one game lol

Had to laugh, was playing warzone and the wife asked to play. Pretty funny as she's never played PC FPS shooters and to get her to stop looking at the ground was hilarous

Mafia III
I was very hesitant on playing it, as I couldn't see how Mafia could be Mafia without a Mafia at the center of the story.
Playing through it though, you take down a Mafia to setup your own. I like it and am having a blast so far.
Last week I beat Mad Max. That game was fantastic, and I really hope they eventually make a sequel.

Suffering from Destiny 2 burnout, picked up all 4 4 Mass Effect titles, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 from EA's current sale for about $20 total...I'm set for a bit

Suffering from Destiny 2 burnout, picked up all 4 4 Mass Effect titles, Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 from EA's current sale for about $20 total...I'm set for a bit
I just fired up me 2 supposedly it's the best in the series

Finishing up Hellblade. It's a fun game, experience is great with my Philips Hue bulbs/Hue Sync setup in my game room. Targeting system/mechanic sucks though in the game.

Titanfall 2 is easily the best FPS I’ve played in recent years. Over Doom even just in that it wasn’t Doom. (I mean Doom was great but it’s still just Doom, which is all it needs to be). TF2 got a raw deal with EA being morons releasing it next to CoD and Battlefield.

DOS 2. The traders, gearing, stats and skills, and turned based combat is fun. Having to Google every quest to make sure you are doing it the right way is a chore though.

Back