What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Started the Outer Worlds finally after 3 months of it sitting untouched due to time-sucking ppl/tasks. Great game so far. Adding my voice to the "it's cross of game x and y", it's a cross between Mass Effect 2, Fallout New Vegas, and Witcher 3. It's so refreshing having an utterly simple inventory system compared to the over-engineered/heuristically-designed garbage in many games nowadays. Having items organized in a quick, simple, logical grid without massively-overwrought UI and transitions is better... who'd a thunk it?

A bit more Dishonored 2 (since I'm just now starting to get into it more). A spot of Terraria with the kids again. I've been playing a bit of The Mummy Demastered (met-vania shooter) which is pretty fun, but it's started off pretty slowly. I'm not sure if it's going to stick like some of the other ones I've enjoyed. It's really well done, looks nice, good atmosphere, etc. though, so I have high hopes that it's going to pick up soon. I think I just need a few more tools and abilities for it to open up. I also bought Astral Chain a while back for the Switch, and got sidetracked. I'd like to play a bit more of that, as it's a pretty cool game. Looking forward to Borderlands 3 finally, but then Doom Eternal comes out a week later, so I'm not sure if I should start BL3 knowing that I'll be dropping it for Doom. :D

i found the maps not as well designed and the patrol routes less about timing and more about luck, would be curious to see if you find the same.

I haven't had a chance to play a huge amount more since we were talking about this, but I did try to do a bit more sneaking, and it seems ok. You're right in that it's not QUITE as smooth as the first game, but I managed to get through a couple of tight spots without being noticed. However, then, because I've decided to be a jerky killer on this play, I kind of went back and stealthily took out a bunch of the guards that I was sneaking by previously. :D There's just something really satisfying about stealth-kills in this game, plus the blink-spell+knife is amazing fun.

I haven't had a chance to play a huge amount more since we were talking about this, but I did try to do a bit more sneaking, and it seems ok. You're right in that it's not QUITE as smooth as the first game, but I managed to get through a couple of tight spots without being noticed. However, then, because I've decided to be a jerky killer on this play, I kind of went back and stealthily took out a bunch of the guards that I was sneaking by previously. :D There's just something really satisfying about stealth-kills in this game, plus the blink-spell+knife is amazing fun.

try stealthing the first two levels, I found it nigh impossible and spiralled into a murder spree.

Dark Age of Camelot figured out how to get out of the starting area want to see how much Hibernia has changed since launch. I logged in two years ago but couldn't figure how to exit the starting area think I'll start a Animist because read they are OP. One thing that stands out from Dark Age of Camelot from other games are the colors were just so good they are not broken up by multiple random textures like most modern games easy on the eyes.

Played

The Surge 2
Borderlands 3
Pathfinder Kingmaker is such a time sink =)

Last edited:
I wish I could reach a place where I could enjoy those games from my childhood. Everytime I try playing a JRPG from the 16 bit era, something in my adult brain tells me "No". :(

Have fun!
I totally understand 8-bit RPGs but most 16-bit RPGs are mostly fair and tolerable.

Diabotical, new Quake 3-style arena shooter.

And Halcyon 6 indie tactis RPG inspired by Star Control 2 and others

https://darkageofcamelot.com/article/endless-conquest-update

DAOC =) It's free ftp for Endless Conquest it started in Sept. 2019

Leveling is alot faster what would take me two weeks took me 8 hours My fans on my 2080 dont even spin it's stationary the entire time.

sp0ider - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• spraggon 3 - Copy.jpg
    spraggon 3 - Copy.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
DAoC... I played that game for about 7 years when it came out. Fun times. I dont think I could go back to it though. MJ may have created it but he also broke it. The jerk.

Yeah I just got a group in the Muire Tomb and cleared its the FTP version is really limited in what you can do I don't think you can buy stuff from player venders either. I got to level 17 in one day about 10+ hours of playing super addicted. Back in 2001 that would take you about a whole month to do the grind it was that bad. One thing though this game looks so solid it feels real compared to alot of modern games it has such a clean look to it which is part of the appeal.

Last edited:
Subnautica. I played a few hours with my old PC but it didn't run well, now that I have the new build I fired it up last night.

Finally getting back to playing Breath of the Wild. I got my Switch last May and got through the first three Divine Beasts and a bunch of side quests, then got my PC and other household goods back after moving overseas and then other games took my attention (like the Crysis series as posted above).

Got the last Devine Beast down and then some of the DLC quests kicked in, so doing those now I guess before going on to beat the game. Who knows if I'll ever beat it still, because it's too easy for me to get roped into another quest or secrets in the game as I'm on the way to Gaming, hah.

The Division 1, roaming the Dark Zone. Why couldn't they replicate a DZ like this for the 2nd game?!
The Division 2 and the DLC
Runescape(yes it's something the wife and I both enjoy playing)
That free MP Modern Warfare game

Last edited:
Started playing Observer today, was free on Epic some time back. Rutger Hauer is the lead character. Still figuring it all out.

I didn't really play games this last weekend, but this next weekend will be all Doom.

Probably continue my Superhero love affair with City of Heroes. May also play Wolcen, Dragon's Dogma, or NWN2 a little for my fantasy RPG binge, then dabble with Dungeons 3 or American Truck simulator for relaxation.

Picked up Borderlands 3 on sale last week, so definitely playing that. And received Jedi Fallen Order for my birthday, so I'll be splitting time between both.

Metrox:Exodus, The Division 2, Runescape

Maybe I'll buy Doom Eternal, just need to read the reviews in the [H] thread first.

DCS World?

I've been looking forward to Doom Eternal. I'm surprised that there isn't more buzz about it; given the splash the last one made, I've have expected a lot more reviews today.

Original nioh. Not sure how far I’ll go into it, because you can do 700 levels, but enjoying it for now. I like the loot grind it has. Can’t wait for nioh2

Played Code Vein one of those games you just save towards the end because you know it's going to be good.

Got Greedfall a few months back on a deal, but just been able to start a few days ago. It's excellent, can't believe it doesn't get more fanfare. Reminds me of Dragon Age: Origins in all the good ways with modern graphics. Voice acting is top notch and the story and atmosphere very good (a bit like a grown-up Fable). I noticed a few clumsy translations in English so playing the French audio version which is superb.

Thinking of buying Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition for $47. I have about 26 more days off from work, since Roswell Park went into shutdown mode, and am wondering if I will enjoy it? I finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider last summer and enjoyed that then.

Thinking of buying Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition for $47. I have about 26 more days off from work, since Roswell Park went into shutdown mode, and am wondering if I will enjoy it? I finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider last summer and enjoyed that then.

I bought RDR2 last weekend before I started my remote working (remote working has it's drawbacks in many ways, but two hours saved in commuting is definitely a bonus). It's superficially an excellent game in many respects and I see why people like it. On paper, I should love this game. It takes the cues in plot, dialogue, atmosphere, cinematography etc. from the best westerns (Deadwood, Unforgiven, Fistful of Dollars, Butch Cassidy...)

However, much like GTA games, it really didn't stick for me. The gameplay and mechanics were clumsy, the UI is overwrought, too many long sequences, and there's a generic quality that makes everything blend together after a few hours. Also, the Rockstar launcher is intrusive and buggy. It's not worth $47, for me at least.

I really enjoyed Shadow of the Tomb Raider. They're two very different games, if that helps.

Last edited:
I bought RDR2 last weekend before I started my remote working (remote working has it's drawbacks in many ways, but two hours saved in commuting is definitely a bonus). It's superficially an excellent game in many respects and I see why people like it. On paper, I should love this game. It takes the cues in plot, dialogue, atmosphere, cinematography etc. from the best westerns (Deadwood, Unforgiven, Fistful of Dollars, Butch Cassidy...)

However, much like GTA games, it really didn't stick for me. The gameplay and mechanics were clumsy, the UI is overwrought, too many long sequences, and there's a generic quality that makes everything blend together after a few hours. Also, the Rockstar launcher is intrusive and buggy. It's not worth $47, for me at least.

I really enjoyed Shadow of the Tomb Raider. They're two very different games, if that helps.

If I do decide to buy it, are you saying it would be best to buy it through Steam in this instance? It is on sale there as well and although I have no issue with buying it from Rockstar, are you saying they still have not fixed their launcher issues?

This nicely sums up my experience with RDR2 as well, with the launcher being the only exception. It works fine for me.

Back