What are you nerds playing this weekend?

DOS:2...never really played a turned based RPG like this...kind of digging it. just got to other side of Fort Joy. I also started God of War again...trying to get all the collectibles.

Not sure whats gonna happen when Death Stranding, Outer Worlds, and eventually Cyberpunk come out. I am usually one to wait for 6mo to a yr after release...but some of these games look really good.

Trying to finish RE2 abd Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Been dragging my feet. Not any thing else out there that's interesting.

Just picked up Hot Lava on release weekend. Seam has it on sale for fifteen bucks until next week!

I like the physics and silly superhero world theycreated , and the forgiving checkpoint (for when drunk)

I didn't really play much this weekend. I played a bit of Varth on MAME for a bit, but mainly I watched my kids play the Untitled Goose game on the Switch. (to hell with Epic, so I didn't get it for the PC) It was really entertaining to watch them play this game. :D

Some more wow, division 2 (need to get them new clothes), bit of apex legends and bejeweled 3 also saw that they updated factorio so I started a new game with that to check it out.

R6 Siege. I’ve been addicted since the free weekend a few weeks back. Can’t believe I’m this late to the party.

Just picked up Ni No Kuni remastered, gonna sit back and enjoy the sweet animation for a week. I never understood the complaints from people that it wasn't some deeply mechanical jrpg. It's just Studio Ghibli Movie that you can play through.

Still playing Odyssey. Almost two hundred hours in and only have two regions left to explore. Then I can start the main quest lines.

Code vein I would play Ghost Recon Breakpoint would be a good day to call in for work on friday.

Subnautica. I bought a copy on Steam because it's good enough that I want the devs to make money off of it. My first copy was free on Epic. I don't play that anymore.

Anyway, it's a friggin' great game. I'm having fun starting over.

Spent the weekend sick. Played Links Awakening on the Switch and some Pokemon Go the 2 times I braved the outside

I got an email from GOG advertising some specials for some games I've never heard of but looked interesting so I dropped a few of those into the cart and will take a look at those.
  • Galaxy Squad
  • Streets of Rogue
  • Stygian Reign of the Old Ones
  • Encased
I may also hop back into Division 2, Remnant and Greedfall too.

Borderlands. Might start a second trek through Gears 5, too. I want to get all of the low-hanging achievements and whatnot before my Game Pass expires.

Seeing people playing Code Vein made me want to get back into Dark Souls again. I finally managed to beat the boss I was stuck on in the first DLC of Dark Souls 2. I think I still have one more boss to go in the first DLC but I moved on to the 2nd DLC for now.

With the release of Cicero patch 1.2 I bought Imperator Rome yesterday. I was going to hold off for a sale but I decided to go ahead and pick it up. So I'll be spending the next few weeks learning this new game. If I can master the complexities of the game I think I can spend hundreds of hours playing it. Put in that perspective its worth the $40 I think.

I think I'm going to give Divinity OS 2 a shot again. I sucked hard at the game the first time around but now there is an easier mode.

Link's Awakening pretty much nonstop. I was completely surprised that it pulled me in the way it did. I think I just needed a "lite" Zelda game right now, and it fits perfectly. I couldn't really put it down, which hasn't happened in a while.

WoW Classic. My goal is to hit 50 as my undead warlock by sunday... Wife works tonight and tomorrow night so i think it'll happen!

Using PrimeHack to replay Metroid Prime the way it was meant to be played: with keyboard and mouse.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/you-...he-pc-with-mouse-and-keyboard-and-better-fov/

The executable will download and configure Dolphin for you. All you need to provide is the Metroid: Prime Trilogy Wii version

You can adjust mouse sensitivity and FOV under Primehack Settings, along with mapping buttons directly.to player actions in Prime. You just have to map a few controller buttons to you mouse buttons, and WASD to the Nunckuck analog stick and it will feel like you're playing any old FPS.

Last edited:
Tried playing hollow knight couldn't really get into it.
Tried playing blood stained ritual of the night beat the boss after train but its just ok so far. With how great all the reviews were on these two I was thinking I'd be enjoying them much more...

Last edited:
Escape from Tarkov (check it out)

NMS, Destiny 2, and perhaps start a game of Earthbound.

Started and finished Until Dawn on ps4. Going back to days gone, played it at launch, didn't get far due to bugs, decided to wait for some patches. Game is much more stable now

Code Vein probably
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Remnant.

Took some vacation for COD and some other games like Outer Worlds after Halloween.

Been playing FC5 lately...my third run-through.

Although I won't be doing so this weekend since I'll be out of town visiting family and attending my cousin and her (soon to be) wife's wedding.

So am I missing something with hollowknight and bloodstained? I just don't get the hype kinda like what happend with Axiom Verge. Forcing myself to finish bloodstained but not sure if I'll be able to, Def enjoyed sotn 100%more. I just hate these goofy 3d graphics in a side scroller kinda like nintendo version of metroid 2 vs the fan made one...was hoping one of these would be amazing ugh

Last edited:
Still playing through Borderlands 3. I figure I'm probably 75-80% done (level 36), so I expect to win it by the end of next week. That coincides with the Outer Worlds release. Unless it's a flaming pile I'll probably grab that.

So am I missing something with hollowknight and bloodstained? I just don't get the hype kinda like what happend with Axiom Verge. Forcing myself to finish bloodstained but not sure if I'll be able to, Def enjoyed sotn 100%more. I just hate these goofy 3d graphics in a side scroller kinda like nintendo version of metroid 2 vs the fan made one...was hoping one of these would be amazing ugh

I completely disagree with you about Axiom Verge (one of my favorites) but I couldn't really get into Hollow Knight. I'm going to give it another try, because I haven't seen a single person say they didn't like it, but after a couple of hours, it didn't grab me.

I've been on the fence of picking up Bloodstained. It looks like there is so much to like about it, especially after the big update they did, but something keeps holding me back. Actually I might have even bought it on GOG. I forgot. :D Just haven't tried it.

I like Axiom Verge, Dead Cells, and Sundered enough to keep playing those when I'm in the mood for this sort of thing. Or as you've mentioned, playing some classic games as well. I'm looking forward to the new Shovel Knight expansion, and Cyber Shadow. Those look like they'll be just the thing.

Have you tried Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom? That one is a ton of fun.

Modding Fallout 3 to remedy mod conflicts.

Also continuing Fallout New Vegas recovery/rebuild work on a mod I lost to HD and flash drive failures. No new areas but it will make extensive use of Crescent Canyon. :D

Out of the blue my daughters and I decided to grab the Switch port of the 2010 Ghostbusters game. Having a blast with it again. However, they missed a huge opportunity by not adding motion controls for aiming. Still a very solid version of the game though.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Just finishing up the all the side missions, faction wars, and the last two final main missions.

Haven't tried Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom but it looks a little to kiddy for me. I like darker games shovel knight/cuphead is about as cartoony as I can go. Can't believe ive gone thru my backlog pretty much lol only hollow knight, Witcher 3, mgspp left but I couldn't get into them...

Haven't tried Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom but it looks a little to kiddy for me. I like darker games shovel knight/cuphead is about as cartoony as I can go. Can't believe ive gone thru my backlog pretty much lol only hollow knight, Witcher 3, mgspp left but I couldn't get into them...

I actually thought the same about the cartoony appearance of Monster Boy at first. However, I've played the Wonderboy games it's based on, so I knew what to expect as far as game play. It's precise action platforming with a hint of RPG and adventure as well. The story is decent, and somewhat humorous, and as cartoony as it is, it's actually quite amusing. After playing for a bit, you forget about that aspect, and just start enjoying it for what it is. I'm sure it's not everyone's style, but it's absolutely flawless for what it is, and what it's based on.

Back