What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Picked up Dragon Quest XI for the PC earlier today. Already have 8 hours in the game. Gotta love playing it at 4K res max settings 60fps locked.

Rainbow six Siege is having a free weekend so I tried that out. It’s fun so I ended up buying it. I’ve passed on like 3 of the previous free weekends for this game but I’m in a bit of a gaming rut so I decided to try it out. Glad I did.

A new season started in Diablo III and I managed to get sucked in again. So I've mostly been playing that with a little bit of Rainbow 6 Siege mixed in.

Played Borderlands TPS with a new Nisha build and cut 19 seconds off the time it took to drop E/E. Very happy with the max DPS build. I've got 80 Badass Points yet to spend so I can probably get the time down a few seconds more with damage and elemental effect boosts.

I am taking a break from playing all the legend of heros Trails game and jump into Gears of war 5 today.

The Hunter Call of the Wild (getting ready for the upcoming hunting season;))

This weekend, it's going to be Prototype Soldering: Revenge of PCB. (so no real gaming) I've been playing a bit of Shovel Knight here and there though when I have a few minutes. It's a good, relaxing go-to when I'm busy.

Finally got the free Uplay+ to work, had to make a new account. Not much I really wanted to play though as I realized most of the games I'd be interested in I already played. Decided to try the Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC even though I consider this to be one of the worst games I've played in the past decade. Moving my game save files to the new Uplay account resulted in me loosing 8 hours of progress but that was mostly post game exploration. Not off to a good start. Decided to try the Atlantis DLC because how can you make Atlantis boring? Spent around 2 hours literally doing fetch quests and fast travel quests. The quest design is as follows:

- Marker half way across map.
- Fast travel there, run/sail around to get to exact point.
- Vague conversation.
- 3-4 more markers placed on the map, 1 or more hour away by sailing/walking in real time. All on opposite ends of the map.
- Rinse repeat.

I'm mainly here just to see how much worse or better the DLC is than the main game but I can't believe how sterile the mission design is. It is truly fascinating to see just how bad a game can be designed. Don't play it for entertainment but rather as a case study of how not to make a game. :p

And I haven't even gotten to Atlantis yet.

Started new Fallout 3 playthrough due to Colonel Autumn bugging out last playthrough. Was rather funny seeing him moonwalk past my character lying on the ground in Vault 87. :p

Edit: corrected spelling and vault #.

Last edited:
After hearing a ton of raving reviews I picked up Outer Wilds. I'm not sure if I like the game or not yet, I'm horrendous at puzzle games but I'm going to give it a few more hours.

Grim Dawn - Grimarilion mod
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/rel-grimarillion-v70/46587
"What this means precisely is that we start the additional masteries and items from Grim Quest (Titan Quest Masteries), Diablo 3 (precisely what it sounds like), and Zenith (an original mastery mod). Then we also add in the enhanced spawns from Grimmest and the ability to Autopickup components and crafting materials (PeopleAreLazy), the increased stash size from tt300’s Stasher mod, the hairstyle options from Mendez42’s Hairstyles mod and the Shattered Affixes from okami29. Together, we have a small collection of mods all integrated into a single mod."

^ Seriously, anyone that owns this game owes it to themselves to install this! Within 5 minutes of play I was thinking "holy sh*t this is awesome"

Also, more WoW Classic and NMS.

Finished Gears 5
Finished Control
Now playing Plague Tale Innocence. Reached Chapter 5.
Will also be proceeding with Life is Strange.

Don't really play Video Games as much sadly, but will play some league on Sunday as trying to grind as the season is ending and most of my friends play this.

Been wanting to try out Xenoblade Chronicles finally but never any time to really sink into a JRPG like that and there is always that book that needs to be finished first or need to finish coding that project that's been sitting on github for too long or someone other inane excuse that takes my brain away. lol

Doom 2016 ... Arcade mode. Trying to beat my own score in Titan's Realm level and make Gold metal status.

Played a bunch of Neo Geo games on my MiSTer with my brother whilst drinking a nice Scotch. That was fun.

Started a new game of FO:NV due to previously mentioned issue with FO3.

New playthrough is focused solely on handguns and melee weapons. Made it all the way to NoVac and had enough caps to buy That Gun. Only died once getting there considering I'm playing on max difficulty.

Invested most of my S.P.E.C.I.A.L. points into Strength, Endurance, Agility and Luck. < [Monty Python Voice] Run away! Run away] > :D . Have also maxed Small Guns and have 28 points into of Survival. Marine Corps combat tactics are proving very valuable, as they always have, as I've been using cover and high ground extensively.

Ghost Recon Willands, because I got the free Uplay + trial and there is some more DLC missions. I was instantly reminded why this is one of the worst games of the past decade. Utterly terrible and amazing how such an amateurish game could be released by such a big publisher.

I can't understand why people still accept 3rd person shooters and vertical pole recoil in games. It wasn't okay in 2000, and certainly wasn't in 2016-2017.

Well I recently installed Brutal Doom 64 and I have to say that that is the BEST version of Doom to ever exist. I remember playing Doom 64 back on the N64 when it came out and absolutely loving it and I couldn't ever figure out why I remember it being so different than the other Doom versions out there at the time, but I recently watched a video on YouTube that was suggested to me and it went through Doom 64 and I decided to try it again after all these years and it really is awesome. It's a lot more scary, and of course the "Brutal" modification of it is really satisfying with the graphics and sounds and stuff. So I'll definitely play that a little over the weekend.

Also I got Gears 5, Rainbow 6 Vegas, and Breath of the Wild in my rotation currently.

The legend of Zelda links awakening, Grandia II and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I got a 4 day weekend courtesy of weather.

Was playing BL3, till the typhoon took out power... Hopefully it takes less than a week this time to get power back on.

Back