What are you nerds playing this weekend?

More New vegas for me, finally got some of the UI's to play nice with each other. Still not ideal because the text is smaller than I'd like (apparently "immersive" means "diminutive" when it comes to UI), I had to make do since one of the UI mods broke VATS interface. On the upside, I now have the UI closer to Skyrim, which I liked a little better.

I picked up Cossacks 3 last night. Basically a remake of Cossacks 1 with better graphics and more missions. Never played the first one so can't say how it compares but #3 is fun. I like these old time RTS games. A lot like AoE 1 basically.

Ended up replaying Legacy of the Void campaign again, don't know why...

Maybe because I like warping in an entire army of Zealots and Dragoons in the middle of the enemy's base?

Just finished Bloodborne. Played all three endings till 3am in the night. Great game.

Since buying Overwatch I've been playing it pretty much all the time. Pretty fun game.

The Evil Within
just because I'm only 99 minutes into the game...you know what game I would like to play is Shadow of the Damned but wasn't ported to PC from what I can tell still have a PS3 copy.

The Evil Within
just because I'm only 99 minutes into the game...you know what game I would like to play is Shadow of the Damned but wasn't ported to PC from what I can tell still have a PS3 copy.

The Evil Within is in my short list of games to play. I'll be playing Spelunky because I have issues committing time to new games.

rFactor 2 & Project Cars (both online), Fallout 4, WWE 2K16 (great fun on multi-player) and maybe a couple of other things too...

If I'm lucky I will play any game this weekend. :D Still poking my way through Twilight Princess HD whenever my daughter and I have time to play at the same time. (not very often at the moment) I just started Deus Ex: MD but I haven't hit that part where it just grabs me yet. It's coming though. The game looks nice, plays nice, and I can tell I'll love it once I hit a decent mission. I'm only an hour in. Might push into it a bit more this weekend, time permitting. I've got a ton of audio/music-electronics projects in progress though right now, so those will take precedence.

Finally getting around to playing FEAR 2. I liked the first FEAR but so far I think FEAR 2 is better. I hope its finale isn't as bad as FEAR 1 was. It was the only thing I disliked about FEAR 1. I thought it was rather anti climatic. I'll update once I get through FEAR 2.

Reactions: muz_j
like this
Finally getting around to playing FEAR 2. I liked the first FEAR but so far I think FEAR 2 is better. I hope its finale isn't as bad as FEAR 1 was. It was the only thing I disliked about FEAR 1. I thought it was rather anti climatic. I'll update once I get through FEAR 2.

That takes me back. FEAR 1 put my on edge so much (not scared, but nervous of what was going to jump out at me) that I had to stop playing it. Very atmospheric and it had you on the edge of your seat (well it had me on the edge of mine).

Does FEAR 2 still hold up today?

I played FEAR in the dark and it would make me jump at times. FEAR 2 makes me jump too. I'm playing it in a dark room. Its fun. I'm really enjoying the fights. Story line (if that is important to you) seems good as well. So far anyway. So far I've only got to beginning of 4th part (mission/part/chapter whatever they call it) of the game.

Update:
The voice acting is good too. I think the actors did a fine job of it so far. I just finished the mission where you move around in a power armor. Guns blazing and missiles too. I really enjoyed this level. Very cool! I find myself not wanting to stop playing and when I'm not playing it I think about playing it more. That is a successful game in my book. At least so far. I still have much more to play through.

Last edited:
like this
Forza Horizon 3 - to check out the recent patch.

Total Warhammer - bought this a while back but haven't really got into it properly yet.

Played through both GoW1 UE and GoW4 campaign in little over a day for both, which essentially made the campaigns exactly on the level of CoD series: too f'ing short, definitely glad I didn't pay the full price on either (For the record, I don't play shooters online, hence why focus only on campaign).

The plot is definitely better in 4 than 1 (in 1, you basically had 2 main objectives as a plot), but still FAR too short, and far too many loose ends, especially damning was that the plot didn't feel like it was going to end anytime soon, then BAM! Credits roll...

Gonna play a bit more Fallout 4 later on.

Last weekend was a bit random. As I thought, I played a bit of Twilight Princess HD. What I didn't expect was that I'd watch my 6 year old daughter nearly beat Bayonetta 2 all by herself. :D I had to help her a bit with 2-3 bosses, but otherwise she mopped the floor with it. I typically wouldn't let her play a game like that, but honestly, it's so fast, that you can't really see half of the violence, and the innuendo obviously flies right over her head. In fact, Bayonetta is a total badass, so not too bad a role model I guess. :D Now it's back to Minecraft, Lego, and Mario for while though.

Deus Ex - The original. I played through Human Revolution in August and Mankind Divided a few weeks ago. I can't quite seem to get enough. The graphics of the original put me off for a bit, but after some cosmetic modding I'm at the Airstrip level and loving it.

Civ VI. Then some more Civ VI. Then I might take a break and play some Civ VI.

Also, this answer counts for next weekend.

Installed ABZU last night. Can't wait to actually play it a bit.

I'm looking at this myself. $20? Hard to go wrong. It looks like I might scratch the Ecco itch on this.

Auston Wintory's music is incredible. I've heard some of it with the footage.

BF1 is going to be my main focus this weekend, though.

BF1 tonight! I've been having loads of fun with this game. Bale Breaker IPA and Bulleit rye bourbon to go with it.

Finished up LIMBO now starting The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux. I'm trying to burn through some of the shorter games in my backlog

Last edited:
It was decided for me in the "What got you into PC Gaming thread..." (paraphrased thread title) that I will be playing Ultima 7 this weekend. Someone posted the intro video, and now I can't resist. I'll be installing Exult tonight, and either configure the closest approximation I can to my real MT-32, or I guess I'll have to dig out my real MT-32, get it set up, and play using it. I was planning to set up on a laptop though, so I can move around the house a bit. The MT-32 would make that a little tricky...

Last edited by a moderator:
like this
Back