What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Fair enough; it's not for everyone. If I'm honest, I didn't like it as much as everyone else seemed to. I thought it was good, and on a technical level absolutely deserving of all the acclaim it got, but the characters and setting didn't really resonate with me. It's just so dark and depressing; it makes me wonder if this is what life in Eastern Europe is actually like, with thugs and rapists behind every tree.

Hey it's a war torn country in game. It is suppose to be bleak he he. But Blood and Wine presents a more appealing scenario from what I have seen of it. Cheery and colorful.

I was in Santa Monica this past week, but managed to play through about 3/4 of Super Metroid in the late evenings after going out and such on my N3DS. First time I've seriously played it. I don't know why I never did as I absolutely LOVE all things that are modeled after it (like Axiom Verge or Turrican or the likes) and other similar franchises like Castlevania. For some reason I just never got around to it. Having an absolute blast though. I never doubted that it was an excellent game. Very glad I'm playing it though.

I always play SP games on the hardest difficulty for the challenge plus better replay value. I recently finished Witcher 3 Death March finally (110 hrs, I plowed through a bunch of the optional side quests). Now I'm playing Doom 3 on Nightmare...god I realize I haven't played a fast paced FPS in several months now and I feel so bad getting wrecked by AI in the first 30 minutes, but still having fun. Was chasing an Imp around the corner, about to shoot it in the back of the head, damn thing does a spinning pirouette jump and 180noscope's a fireball right in my face. 'Was not expecting that' was my first thought lol...

I also recently tried Blade & Soul expecting it to have a good action combat system from all the praise I heard in that aspect, sadly it feels like it has a fake target 'lock on' thing where you can't throw spells or swing unless your mouse is over the target just like Skyforge. So hard find any kind of action combat MMO similar to Dragon's Nest.

This weekend... I'll only be doing a small amount of NERDery...

I'm installing French Doors off of the new deck that we built a couple of weeks ago. Bleh... When I do get a chance to play, it'll be Doom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and Super Metroid. Probably a touch of Street Fighter 5 as well maybe.

Then Sunday/Monday I will be playing a good game of drinking like a fish I should think. :D

Yep drinking at the lake this weekend. Happy 4th of July everyone! When I get back into town tomorrow night I'll play The Division before the work week starts on Wednesday. Gotta soak up those last few remaining hours of the weekend :D

Played a mix of Grim Dawn (finished act 1 on Ultimate difficulty), Gat out of Hell (main story was a wee bit short) and Borderlands 2.

I can no longer call you NERDS.
I spent the last 7 or so days playing Pokemon Go and have realized that EVERYONE is a NERD now.

I see them everywhere. Big ones, small ones, short ones, tall ones, thin and fat, dog and cat, stink and stank and Uncle Pank. All NERDS.

I have also realized that REAL hardcore NERDS deserve more respect than these playa NERDS. They put in the time cultivating their nerdyness. They were in the basement playing D&D, they stayed home on prom night and watched Holy Grail, they let their acne run rampant to make other people seem to have clearer skin. Yes, they sacrificed.

So when I see socially awkward people at a Pokestop I walk right by the hipsters and yuppies and right to the NERDS. They are very easy to spot. Can sometimes be confused with trailer trash at a distance but up close you can tell....... Because NERDS are awesome.

So yeah, I am off Friday and I will be playing POKEMON GO. Some people may get on here and list off Steam titles they wish they could play but when the shit hits the fan they will be out there with me...playing pokemon go.

NERDS!

Not sure how I feel about Pokemon Go. :D I loaded it for the first time last night, and Squirtle is sitting on my bed. A little unnerving! :D

I agree EVERYONE is a NERD now. hehehe It's actually really entertaining. I was at a bar the other night, and there were probably almost ten people trying to get Pokemon in and around the bar. Tough guys, hot ladies, NERDS, barflies, bloods, dweebies, dickheads... They all adore it!

I popped in a 1070 the other night, so I've been playing Doom, Mirror's Edge, and GTAV since then. Gotta think of another demanding game to throw at it. I suppose Deus Ex next month should do the trick.

Most likely The Division and maybe Doom if it would stop crashing! Also helping a buddy with his VR6 24v timing chains,water pump,etc. So most likely won't get much game time in.

Not sure how I feel about Pokemon Go. :D I loaded it for the first time last night, and Squirtle is sitting on my bed. A little unnerving! :D

I agree EVERYONE is a NERD now. hehehe It's actually really entertaining. I was at a bar the other night, and there were probably almost ten people trying to get Pokemon in and around the bar. Tough guys, hot ladies, NERDS, barflies, bloods, dweebies, dickheads... They all adore it!

I popped in a 1070 the other night, so I've been playing Doom, Mirror's Edge, and GTAV since then. Gotta think of another demanding game to throw at it. I suppose Deus Ex next month should do the trick.
My go to list, is Metro, Crysis 3, Division, Far Cry 4, GTA V, Ark, Dust, Witcher 3.

Also if you want to check out how your physics processing is going, fire up skyrim and spawn 100,000 cabbages.

Nice! :D

Yeah, I didn't think about Metro. I have the Redux versions of them, so maybe I'll pop them on later. I'll eventually get to Witcher 3 as well, but I haven't picked it up yet since I don't have RPG amounts of time at the moment. :D

Wow a great gaming weekend for me.

Doom, completed about 2 levels. Game is just absolutely fantastic. 9/10 thus far. Playing on Ultra Violence.
Installed Forza 6 Apex. Holy crap what a game. Running at 100+ fps is blissful. Too bad it is Windows 10 only. Worth switching over imo just to run the game.
Forza Horizon 2. Turned up the bass on my sound bar and drove a few races. Hot damn. This game on PC would be blissful.
Witcher 3. Still pursuing mostly Blood and Wine main quests and hit level 42 now. Game just keeps on giving.
Dying Light. Played maybe a single mission or not even. Just ran around doing parkour lol. I didn't know I was only level 5 in it. Got back logged to hell.
Installed Resident Evil Revelations 2. Will indulge in a few days.

Gaming heaven. And I didn't purchase any games for almost 2 months now.

Also ran 3dmark Time Spy benches.

A little bit of Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, but mostly BL2.

Seriously, I am half a decade behind or something...

4 hour marathon on Witcher 3 Blood and Wine. The expansion is like a brand new game. They should definitely do a Witcher 4. I don't care about anything, just get me more quests and locales for some Witching!

A little bit of Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, but mostly BL2.

Seriously, I am half a decade behind or something...

BL2 though is fun any time. I'm just about to go back into it again. I've been missing it lately. My daughters play it with me.

I'm trying to beat the 100 games on my steam backlog. I don't know why I do this to myself?

Neon Drive is a simple game I have in between my other games that I'm actually enjoying and yelling at my screen over.

Pokemon Go

everything else is garbage it's going to take Deus Ex Mankind divided to get me back on steam.

I was playing just cause 3, having a lot of fun.

I ran into a main mission that has a problem that prevents progress, i googled it and found a lot of people with the same problem, developers don't seem to want to fix the game, just release more DLC. too bad, it looks like i was 70% through it.

trying to decide what else to play this weekend.

I've been playing Hitman and debugging some mods in Tale of Two Wastelands while trying to survive the latest heat wave.

Almost 10 hours of Witching in Witcher 3 Blood and Wine
Doom ofcourse. Hit Lazarus Labs
Forza 6 Apex
Forza 6 on the box
Started Resident Evil Revelations 2
Also logged into Bloodborne

Gaming heaven about now I tell you.

I went back to playing Dragon's Dogma DA. Playing on the PS3. I enjoy it more than any other game I have at the moment. This will be my second play through.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Another 3.5 hours of witching last night. Damn, this game keeps on giving!
Love it.

Finally wore my Grandmaster armor set. Health is down but the 50% extra damage on attacks from behind is well worth it. Feline armor is dope. I want to craft the wolf armor but don't have the quests from main game and I am already level 48.

I finally had time to play this weekend. Bought The Division and clocked 20 hours in 2 days :D

I had a surprisingly game-packed week/weekend (had the week off). We were out of town in a nice place, so days were filled with swimming, drinking and general sun-activities, but in the evenings I got a ton of playing in after people got tired and went to bed. I brought my Shield TV with me, and the hotel had a nice TV. Played Doom 3, Borderlands TPS, some TG-16 and SNES games. When we got home, I managed to get more Doom (2016) and Mirror's Edge Catalyst playing in.

On the last level of Doom. Going to finish it tonight. EDIT: Finished it. 10/10.
Also will try to finish off Witcher 3 Blood and Wine.

Last edited:
I am going to try and finish up The Walking Dead: Season 2. Season 3 is coming out this fall so I figure its finally time to get through season 2

Making my way through the Dead Space 3 series on the second last level of Dead Space 3. I know its been said before but the series got progressively worse. 1st one was the best and felt most like a survival horror where as the third entry felt like I was playing Lost Planet... weird.

Making my way through the Dead Space 3 series on the second last level of Dead Space 3. I know its been said before but the series got progressively worse. 1st one was the best and felt most like a survival horror where as the third entry felt like I was playing Lost Planet... weird.

I haven't played the third one. I do see a lot of people saying things along these lines, (Lost Planet, progressively worse, etc.) but I also see people saying that it's not nearly as bad as what other say, so I think I'll eventually give it a try. I kind of view the first two as the difference between Alien and Aliens. The first is more suspenseful, more sci-fi-horror, the second being a bit more non-stop action. I like both of them for different reasons, but prefer the original overall. It just gets the type of atmosphere I enjoy in this kind of game right. No opinion on the third yet since I haven't touched it, but just from a visual standpoint, it does remind me of Lost Planet.

As usual, playing heroes of the storm with friends as well as rainbow six siege. We also just finished a 7 days to die splurge and moving on to starbound.

Back