What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I sent back my 980ti FTW, want a 1070/1080. stuck w/ my 780 for now. I was at the end of doom too!

so im sticking w/ console gaming primarily atm. uncharted 4 is 1st. (along with some PC HOTS)

The Division and I've been getting back into BF4 lately so a little of that as well. Both with Iron Horse Brewery Finger Gun IPA.

Witcher 3 for me. Lot of strong points to this game, interesting npcs and quests. Combat is pretty good, you can dodge and roll, block. I have seen what I would call fatalities where you see Geralt wack off limbs or heads, run 'em through with a sword. Great sense of scale to the game, really feel like you are out in some war torn country. I wish there was a better way to locate loot and points of interest other than following ? marks on the world map. That specific design choice is my only gripe with the game so far. Swimming and deep diving are handled great. So many games do not even allow swimming at all.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I finished Grim Dawn at the normal difficulty and started back in at Elite now

Friday again you NERDS and JERKS!

Can't stop playing Overwatch so IF I game at all which is mostly impossible it will be that.

What about you NERDS? What games will be playing in NERDVILLE?

Well, I will probably not be a gaming nerd this weekend. I'll be a synthesizer nerd. (design and build them as my secondary jobby hobby thingie...) If I do get a chance, I'll finish up Doom SP. Otherwise it's all this:

FWDX-03.jpg

Finally did some dungeons in Final Fantasy XIV. Pretty fun, but not when your tank doesn't know how to aggro and mobs start attacking me (healer).

Friday again you NERDS and JERKS!

Can't stop playing Overwatch so IF I game at all which is mostly impossible it will be that.

What about you NERDS? What games will be playing in NERDVILLE?

Hmm... Can't stop playing eh? That makes me kind of want to be an Overwatch NERD...

"Yeah... I ran into a couple of those Overwatch NERDs in Saigon..."

:p

Hmm... Can't stop playing eh? That makes me kind of want to be an Overwatch NERD...

"Yeah... I ran into a couple of those Overwatch NERDs in Saigon..."

:p

I think the game just fits my situation. I can log in, play for 30 minutes and walk away feeling "gamed". It is fun, but it isn't like crack or anything.

Saigon, eh? were you involved in the Tit offensive?

I think the game just fits my situation. I can log in, play for 30 minutes and walk away feeling "gamed". It is fun, but it isn't like crack or anything.

Saigon, eh? were you involved in the Tit offensive?

I missed that offensive. :(

:D

(Disclaimer: It was a paraphrased Lethal Weapon quote...)

Continuing my latest play-through of The Witcher series! I just finished TW2 last night (2nd time through TW1, 3rd time through TW2), so now I can start my 2nd play-through of TW3, now with both expansions included! I'm excited about getting back into it. :D

I really want to go back and play through the Witcher series. I played the first, but barely touched the second. (didn't think it was bad, but had other things to play at the time) Haven't picked up the third yet. I was waiting to see if they did a definitive version like with the first two. Really the only thing keeping me from doing this is having a big block of game time. I'll probably end up doing it in the fall.

Well, I will probably not be a gaming nerd this weekend. I'll be a synthesizer nerd. (design and build them as my secondary jobby hobby thingie...) If I do get a chance, I'll finish up Doom SP. Otherwise it's all this:

View attachment 3654

That looks nice. Ill be jamming on the Elektron Rytm all weekend.

Going to the Sharks game tomorrow if that counts. :)

Other than that, currently playing Doom 2 using Doomsday, then onto Doom 3 in preparation for Doom 4. On the console, playing the Uncharted remastered series in preparation for Uncharted 4.

By the time I actually get done, both games will be in the bargain bin (not that I'm cheap, just have no time).

Other than that, currently playing Doom 2 using Doomsday

Doom 2, GZDoom2. I challenge any able-bodied man to Dwango5, Map 1.... If anyone's interested :D

Besides that, Titan Quest (always, and BTW such a shame titanquest.net forums shut down).

Maybe something else if I have time.... Like, Divinity: OS. I must finish it one of these days....

I really want to play Homefront: the revolution but I cant find a good deal on it :( its like $60 every where

I really want to play Homefront: the revolution but I cant find a good deal on it :( its like $60 every where

It also has terrible reviews...

I'll be playing Overwatch, maybe some R6: Siege, maybe some Killing Floor 2...Dunno. Might go back and try to 100% Doom secrets too.

I played about an hour of Mirror's Edge, and it was pretty nice! I turned off the runner vision stuff, tweaked the control sensitivity a bit, and it feels great now. I think I'm going to enjoy it.

I still need to finish up the last level of Doom, but had to try ME out since I had it. I finished up my project, so now I have time to play games again for a bit before the next one. :)

Well, its not the weekend, but the semester is over and I have 3 (now 2) months off, so its one big weekend for me!

GTX 1080 was screwed, so it went for return. wont be getting one for a week+. so console gaming!

looking forward to finishing uncharted 4 (which crashed last time I played it) and starting Ratchet and Clank

It is all about Overwatch. The only thing I can really find time to play. Do some chores frag some whores, do some work, straf the jerks. that is how she rolls.

Spent most of time with Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone Snoozefest DLC
Also punched a few levels in Quantum Break

Going to play Doom tonight.

I been doing my best to like Witcher 3. Not all bad, there is a lot to like about the game regarding the mechanics of the game. It is a very well crafted game, runs well, looks great, pretty good story, interesting NPCs. Where it falls kind of flat for me is the fun factor. It just does not get my blood up, or spark my imagination, or keep me intrigued. It is not unpleasent to play, but it is not very exciting either. For me it is lacking in gameplay perks like adventure, surprise, discovery challenge. And it is not the combat. I think the combat is fine for an RPG. But most everything else is kind of ho hum. Which is kind of a shame because the devs obviously poured their heart and soul into it. I feel kind of guilty not liking it more than I do.

I been doing my best to like Witcher 3. Not all bad, there is a lot to like about the game regarding the mechanics of the game. It is a very well crafted game, runs well, looks great, pretty good story, interesting NPCs. Where it falls kind of flat for me is the fun factor. It just does not get my blood up, or spark my imagination, or keep me intrigued. It is not unpleasent to play, but it is not very exciting either. For me it is lacking in gameplay perks like adventure, surprise, discovery challenge. And it is not the combat. I think the combat is fine for an RPG. But most everything else is kind of ho hum. Which is kind of a shame because the devs obviously poured their heart and soul into it. I feel kind of guilty not liking it more than I do.
How far into it are you? I felt the same way for the first couple of hours' worth, and then eventually started enjoying it.

That actually seemed to be a recurring problem I had with all three of the Witcher games. The first couple of hours aren't really like the rest of the game, and it only starts being fun once you get past the exposition part.

I'll prolly replay the Doom demo for a 2nd and maybe 3rd time. - at ultra violence and then nightmare

(at a mix of med/high settings with adaptive vsync, the game runs like BUTTER (58-60 fps, never less) on my ancient rig. I am super impressed)

Besides that, it'll be the old staples. Grinding in Titan Quest / Grim Dawn.

Mayyyybe some Civ 5 multi if the out-of-town homie asks nicely.

How far into it are you? I felt the same way for the first couple of hours' worth, and then eventually started enjoying it.

That actually seemed to be a recurring problem I had with all three of the Witcher games. The first couple of hours aren't really like the rest of the game, and it only starts being fun once you get past the exposition part.

Oh I'm way more than a few hours into the game. I have cleared all the ? mark locations on the map and I am in the large town looking for Ciri. Cleared a haunted house and talked to the gal that seems to know something. I feel like I have played enough to have a handle on what the game is mostly about.

Oh I'm way more than a few hours into the game. I have cleared all the ? mark locations on the map and I am in the large town looking for Ciri. Cleared a haunted house and talked to the gal that seems to know something. I feel like I have played enough to have a handle on what the game is mostly about.
Fair enough; it's not for everyone. If I'm honest, I didn't like it as much as everyone else seemed to. I thought it was good, and on a technical level absolutely deserving of all the acclaim it got, but the characters and setting didn't really resonate with me. It's just so dark and depressing; it makes me wonder if this is what life in Eastern Europe is actually like, with thugs and rapists behind every tree.

Back