What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Street Fighter 5. The online kinks seem to have been worked out, so it's ON this weekend.

Street Fighter 5. The online kinks seem to have been worked out, so it's ON this weekend.

I don't know if I've ever seen a more incomplete game released as a completed game. It's pathetic that they put it out in it's current state.

Any reports of hacking yet in The Division?

Not yet, but once a few site publish stories about how easy it is, it will be rampant and will kill the game. Which fucking sucks, since I actually like it. And on a side note, the community is already terrible. Chat consists of a bunch of 15 year old kids cussing, talking about fucking your mother, and bragging about how big their pecker is. It's really bad. Looks like a lot of the console kids got it on PC for whatever reason. Oh, and also purposely posting spoilers on every mission just to be fucktards. Anyone figured out how to disable chat completely yet?

I'll also be checking out The Division Beta, hopefully will help me decide if I want to buy it :)

See above.

Alan Wake. First time playing. I'm a Stephen King and Twin Peaks fan so it seems like I'm in for a treat.

I discovered a spot where you can run off of the map in ROTB. Good times. :)

nomomap (Medium).jpg

The Division Beta. First beta was a blast until the last day of it. Hackers everywhere just killing people randomly through walls and whatnot.

I started up an old save from Dragons Dogma on PS3. Don't remember why I left off this game, but I am really liking it now. Only wish it was on PS4 for better frames and textures.

Ended up playing a lot of Street Fighter 5 with friends and drinks. Also picked up a cool little indie game called Black and White Bushido which we also couldn't stop playing. Got a little further into SOMA, but didn't put much time into it.

Was playing StarCraft 2 and I think it is well done. Too bad it got backlogged.
Also punched through SFV story mode since can't connect to single online match lol.
Need to get back into Mad Max to finish it.
Finished Ass Creed Syndicate.

Elder scrolls 4: Oblivion, got about 25 mods running from graphics to combat improvements.

Mostly playing closed beta games stuff right now, but couldn't resist the Ashes of the Singularity sales, fun game!

Ending up playing a ton of Destiny. I have been pretty busy as of late and haven't had much time to play so I binged a little.

Been on Dragon's Dogma all week. Really got into it. Like the open world, like the combat, love the art style, the armor sets, character models and their smooth motion quality. The lighting is awesome, torches and lanterns casting their glow in dungeons and at night. There is morning light, daylight, dusk, and the ever foreboding nightime. A complete day night cycle. The game is huge and somewhat complex with a definite learning curve. Took me a while to figure out all the combat options and to get comfortable with the interface and menus.

Played some Diablo III but just installed Sins of a Galactic Empire Mod which will be taking up my time.

Went back to SOMA this weekend (my daughter wouldn't play SF5 anymore unless we got further in SOMA.) :D I have to say, this is really one of the best games I've played in recent years. Just made it to Theta late last night. There are a TON of REALLY nice touches in this game. Love the little helper robot that shows up every now and then. :D

Also played a little Black and White Bushido. Very fun as well, and nice to play to take a break from other games for a little bit.

Oh, and nearly forgot. Played a bit of Super Hot too. Extremely fun game.

Last edited by a moderator:
GRAV!

A friend gave me a copy of GRAV over the weekend, and now I'm totally hooked on it. Think I played nearly 20 hours of it with them over the weekend.

Definitely the best open-world exploration/survival game I've played since I was hooked on MineCraft years and years ago. Waaay less bugs than StarForge and a few other similar survival games I've played since then. Beautiful graphics, decent shooter mechanics, ability to travel between planets via stargate portals, and a fairly well flushed-out RPG leveling system and inventory management etc. It’s got a good ways to go before it’s finished, but for an early access game, it’s one of the best I’ve seen.

Looks like GRAV may be one survival sandbox game I could stick with for a while. I could see it getting boring after a while, but probably not before I put 80+ hours into it. I just wish it had deformable terrain like StarForge and MineCraft, but other than that it's a better game by a long shot.

GRAV!

A friend gave me a copy of GRAV over the weekend, and now I'm totally hooked on it. Think I played nearly 20 hours of it with them over the weekend.

Definitely the best open-world exploration/survival game I've played since I was hooked on MineCraft years and years ago. Waaay less bugs than StarForge and a few other similar survival games I've played since then. Beautiful graphics, decent shooter mechanics, ability to travel between planets via stargate portals, and a fairly well flushed-out RPG leveling system and inventory management etc. It’s got a good ways to go before it’s finished, but for an early access game, it’s one of the best I’ve seen.

Looks like GRAV may be one survival sandbox game I could stick with for a while. I could see it getting boring after a while, but probably not before I put 80+ hours into it. I just wish it had deformable terrain like StarForge and MineCraft, but other than that it's a better game by a long shot.

Nice! This one slipped by me for some reason. I'm a fan of this type of game. (I have Subnautica, Planet Explorers, Terraria, Lego Worlds, Solus Project, etc.) The Solus Project seems very promising, but I haven't had time to really get into it yet. Grav kinda looks like No Man's Sky a bit (stylistically anyway). I put it on my wish list until I can finish up SOMA, and play some of my other similar games a bit first.

Nice! This one slipped by me for some reason. I'm a fan of this type of game. (I have Subnautica, Planet Explorers, Terraria, Lego Worlds, Solus Project, etc.) The Solus Project seems very promising, but I haven't had time to really get into it yet. Grav kinda looks like No Man's Sky a bit (stylistically anyway). I put it on my wish list until I can finish up SOMA, and play some of my other similar games a bit first.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay the $20 base price for GRAV, but at the moment I'd say it'd be a solid $10 buy if you like this type of game, and a no-brainer at $5. Friend gave me one of his 4-pack and I haven't paid him for it yet, so at the moment it is well worth the $0 I paid for it! :D

I haven't actually played any of the titles you mentioned there yet, but several of them are on my wish list, mostly refusing to buy them until they are done with early access. StarForge is the most similar one to GRAV I've played, and while I loved the deformable terrain that provided endless creative options, and nice exploration aspects, the game was buggy as hell and was dumped un-finished from early access, which was a huge disappointment and turned me off of Early Access completely. The other similar one I've played was Far Sky, which was mostly stable, but ultimately under-featured and somehow both boring and overly-stressful to play; I got to the "end" of it after only about 9 hours of play and promptly uninstalled it.

Subnautica seems to be shaping up nicely. It's a beautiful game, with a cool setting. They're constantly adding onto it too. The only reason I'm not completely lost in it right now is that their gamepad support is preliminary at best. I typically play first person games with the mouse and keyboard, but this one seems perfect for relaxing large TV play in the living room. So, I'm just holding off until gamepads are supported properly. (which they say is upcoming)

Someone let my wife and i borrow game of thrones, 5 seasons.... damn if it didnt make me reinstall skyrim, and more mods...more mods...then more mods. cannot believe im playing skyrim... again!

Call of Duty BLOPS III made level 34 got the Reaper I think when I have all characters unlocked it might get boring. But the New Maps are these week.....
Waiting around for Dark Souls III and Doom

I'm taking a long weekend starting tomorrow - should be fun! Got some friends joining up for co-op games on Saturday - we'll be doing more GRAV of course, probably some Borderlands, and I'm going to try and talk some people into playing Serious Sam 3 co-op since I just recently remembered it'll fit 16 players in co-op which I've never actually tried before.

I may also play some more AC Unity. It's nowhere near as enjoyable as Black Flag or Syndicate, but I still want to finish it and check it off the backlog. I decided I'm not going to bother with all the grinding side-tasks in Unity, going to just power through the main storyline to get through it faster.

Witcher 1... nabbed it for free on GOG a while back, along with #2, curious if I'll be into this series or not...

I'll probably just keep playing TF2 and GO, with a side of DOTA. I stopped buying games years ago because this is all I ever play.

Woah! this Dragon's Dogma has really blossomed into a massive, hard core action RPG. The game is huge. This is my third week on it playing a few hours about every day. My only real regret is playing on the PS3. The console is definitely not up to the task. The game itself is an action packed, heart pounding, palm sweating combat and exploration centric RPG. Don't know if I will complete it this week or not.

Back