What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I played a subgame with JoshOG live on stream tonight! Dude was super sweet. The best part was I didn't embarrass myself, I dropped a 30 bomb. Only Josh out fragged me. I need to save that demo.

Far Cry 4. I refused to pay $70 for it when it was released. But Steam is now having their Lunar New Year sale and they were offering it for $27.99. (60% off). Figured what the hell...

Ironically with my nice new system I ended up playing Defender's Quest ... not system challenging at all but highly addicting apparently

I ended up playing the install security cameras around the house game. Did manage a bit of time playing Psychonauts with the kids though.

Black Ops 3 and BF4 tonight. Both are getting a little long in the tooth. Just biding time until the division open beta next weekend.

after finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC) I'm thinking about replaying Tomb Raider (2013)

Been punching through Ass Creed Syndicate and finished sequence 7. I think I will try to finish the game today if I get the chance. I am hooked on it like its dope.

after finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC) I'm thinking about replaying Tomb Raider (2013)

I changed my mind...I'm starting up Assassin's Creed: Syndicate...better to play through games I never played in my backlog then replaying games is my thinking

Finally pulled the trigger on Dark Souls 2 So I will be playing that and trying my best not to rage when I die over and over again.

Finally pulled the trigger on Dark Souls 2 So I will be playing that and trying my best not to rage when I die over and over again.

DS2 is so amazing, you're gonna love that game once you get over the dying and get better at the mechanics.

Great time to start as well since DS3 is around the corner!

Once you get used to the mechanics most of Dark Souls 2 is pretty easy. I didn't find the learning curve nearly as ridiculous has Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne. Just take it slow.

Im playing Dying Light:The following but even the beginning is pissing me off unsurprisingly.

DS2 is so amazing, you're gonna love that game once you get over the dying and get better at the mechanics.

Great time to start as well since DS3 is around the corner!

Once you get used to the mechanics most of Dark Souls 2 is pretty easy. I didn't find the learning curve nearly as ridiculous has Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne. Just take it slow.

Im playing Dying Light:The following but even the beginning is pissing me off unsurprisingly.

I have 60+ hours into Dark Souls so I'm familiar with the mechanics of the series. Still a bit of a learning curve going in blind though. The hardest part is remember to take things slow. It always takes me a bit to adjust after playing other games.

Planning on beating Xcom 2 hopefully sometime soon, about 24 hours in.

I'm finally made it to level 28 in Call of Duty don't play much but had fun last week with the sticky Nano bombs character. Going to shoot for level 34 Reaper I only kill on average 7-15 people during the match I don't go hog wild and try to kill ever little blinking dot on the map.

cod_bo3_reaper.jpg

Mostly waiting for Dark Souls III to drop. Finished Bloodborne last week. I have some unfinished games on the PS3 and PS4 I could start up. I dabbled in Dragons Dogma last night.

Lots of gaming progress in the past week! I finished Alien Isolation (finally!), started and finished Metro 2033 Redux (didn't care for it much, but it had its moments, glad to finally check 2033 off my backlog).

Started AC Unity on Saturday night and played more Sunday. Unity seems really generic compared to Black Flag or Syndicate. Characters aren't as likeable and the story setup left a bit to be desired - for some reason I'm just not feeling motivated to do a lot of missions, and exploring the city doesn't interest me much after all those hours recently in Syndicate. Biggest gripe so far: Ubi removed several of the stealth game-play mechanics for some inexplicable reason, like being able to whistle or throw rocks from cover to get enemies attention, and apparently you can't move or hide bodies once they're down. Hopefully those few omissions won't get too annoying or be sorely missed in missions later on. At least the graphics are pretty! Paris looks great, little odd looking from a distance, but overall yeah debatably better than syndicate in some regards. And OMG the people in cut-scenes look amazing! I can't tell for sure if these are pre-rendered CG graphics, but if they're real-time rendering the cinematics in Unity, that's just incredible! Some of the best looking human characters I've ever seen in a game, even Syndicate or Witcher 3. (Edit: yeah I know the modern-day cut-scenes are pre-rendered, but the historical/in-game ones I'm not sure about, they do look pretty incredible either way)

Finally bought SOMA during the sale, and my daughter and I made a pretty good start into it over the weekend. It's absolutely excellent so far. It's definitely bringing back feelings of the System Shock games, and I haven't once wished I had a weapon so far. So cool! Alien almost pulled that off for me, but I found myself wishing I had a pulse rifle on occasion. :D SOMA just has the perfect balance so far that allows me to play it the way it should be played. The atmosphere is great, I find myself actually wanting to dig in to find out as much as possible about every little thing. It's already made me feel like a monster once or twice :D (won't spoil that for anyone else by saying why)

Excellent game!

Black Desert Online has its Closed Beta this weekend. I'm debating buying a beta key just to get a feel for it, looks like a breath of fresh air when it comes to the MMO Genre.

Been playing some Rainbow six siege... it isn't the rainbow six 3 experience I would love to have again, but it has made me love competitive fps games again.

This weekend will be the same as this week. Street Fighter V and SOMA. Having a blast with both of them. Finally shipped a few projects that were taking longer than I wanted, so I actually have a bit of time to play games right now.

Getting my 3rd person melee combat on with Ryse: Son of Rome and Shadow of Mordor, picked up during the Lunar New Year sale on Steam. Streaming via Steam Link to the downstairs TV.

Back