What are you nerds playing this weekend?

You've got MANY hours of gaming ahead of you to get through 1 and 2, but it'll be well worth it IMO.

Oh I know thats part of the reason I have been somewhat avoiding them and trying to knock off some shorter games in my backlog. From what I gather I expect to have over 100 hours in each of them. The good news is by they time Im ready to play 3 it should be heavily discounted.

The wait for TW3 is agonizing! This week I'm actually playing Aliens Colonial Marines (I accidentally selected it at random while trying out the Steam remote-install options), decided to just go ahead and check it off my queue; set it to easy and blow through it as quickly as possible just to say I finished it. :rolleyes:

Oh I know thats part of the reason I have been somewhat avoiding them and trying to knock off some shorter games in my backlog. From what I gather I expect to have over 100 hours in each of them. The good news is by they time Im ready to play 3 it should be heavily discounted.

The first two Witcher games are not all that long by massive RPG standards. The first one is around 50-60 hours. The second one is only around 40 hours, but it's still a spectacular game. And of course they each have multiple branches of plot options, so yeah you could spend 100+ hours in each if you wanted to play through multiple times and see everything each has to offer, but you don't have to. Playing 1-2-3 in immediate sequence should be an amazing experience. Have fun!

This weekend??

Witcher 3 of course!!

Does the weekend include Monday at 7PM EST where you are? How are you going to play it THIS weekend? :confused:

MrWrong said:

Should be an awesome experience. Especially if you play all of them back to back.

I got the first game to add to my Steam library the other day for like $1.49, what a steal. The second one was $2.49 if I recall (already had it on Steam though). Hopefully anyone that wanted it, got it the other day.

The first two Witcher games are not all that long by massive RPG standards. The first one is around 50-60 hours. The second one is only around 40 hours, but it's still a spectacular game. And of course they each have multiple branches of plot options, so yeah you could spend 100+ hours in each if you wanted to play through multiple times and see everything each has to offer, but you don't have to. Playing 1-2-3 in immediate sequence should be an amazing experience. Have fun!

I was under the impression that they were longer than that. Maybe its because most people play through more than once then. I generally take longer than the average person to beat these types of games though. I usually take way too much time exploring every nook and cranny making sure I didnt miss anything. Either way im not in a hurry to finish then first 2. The way I see it the long it takes me to beat the first 2 the cheaper I will be able to get the 3rd one. It will be interesting being able to play all 3 one right after the other though.

I was under the impression that they were longer than that. Maybe its because most people play through more than once then. I generally take longer than the average person to beat these types of games though. I usually take way too much time exploring every nook and cranny making sure I didnt miss anything. Either way im not in a hurry to finish then first 2. The way I see it the long it takes me to beat the first 2 the cheaper I will be able to get the 3rd one. It will be interesting being able to play all 3 one right after the other though.

You're like me then. You'll get your original predicted hours if you explore every little leaf, no doubt about that. That being said, if you can find someone selling a key at the moment, $20 is about as cheap as a AAA title goes. Then again, if you wait months it'll be discounted, though I doubt we'll see $20 anytime soon from Steam or the like.

Destiny! Worst game I can't stop playing! Although it's been really low key lately, just gearing up for the expansion coming on Tuesday. All the new stuff looks spectacularly fun.

Destiny! Worst game I can't stop playing! Although it's been really low key lately, just gearing up for the expansion coming on Tuesday. All the new stuff looks spectacularly fun.
I know what you mean. I think it helps that I've always played with friends and we just keep eachother interested in it.

I'll probably be bouncing around between The Witcher and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Pillars of Eternity and never thought it would be this good, PvsZ Garden Warfare.

Fired up Deus Ex: Human Revolution a week ago and finally got through it. Now to work on Hitman: Absolution this weekend.

I would be playing Witcher 3 with the rest of you, but I've got too many good titles to get through. (with Witcher 2 being one of them)

5/19 will be Destiny HoW for me.

Is monday considered a weekend where you guys are, you guys do know the game isn't out THIS weekend specifically, right? :D

I'll probably be playing Wolfenstein, still haven't beaten it. Just beat GTA 5 though last night.

My friends are probably going to come over and I'll teach em how to play Hearthstone arena

My birthday is Saturday, and I have vacation that needs using before I lose it, sooo... I took a week off. :)

Witcher 3 unlocks for me at 6pm Monday night. I've got it pre-loaded on GOG Galaxy, so my week & coming weekend will include lots of monster hunting, figuring out how I'm ever going to choose between Triss and Yennifer, and helping Ciri put an end to the Wild Hunt.

There may also be video game sex. :D And a compulsive striving to achieve the best ending possible. ;)

...oh, and eventually trying to figure out if it my rig will run it at 4k.

My birthday is Saturday, and I have vacation that needs using before I lose it, sooo... I took a week off. :)

Witcher 3 unlocks for me at 6pm Monday night. I've got it pre-loaded on GOG Galaxy, so my week & coming weekend will include lots of monster hunting, figuring out how I'm ever going to choose between Triss and Yennifer, and helping Ciri put an end to the Wild Hunt.

There may also be video game sex. :D And a compulsive striving to achieve the best ending possible. ;)

...oh, and eventually trying to figure out if it my rig will run it at 4k.

This...this is the plan. I work from home, so I'll be doing as little work as possible to get Witcher 3 time in. :D

Finally trying to play through Oblivion. I have to say that the story is more interesting than Skyrim, but the game play gets a bit stale after a long playthrough. Short bursts is how I'm doing it.

Finally trying to play through Oblivion. I have to say that the story is more interesting than Skyrim, but the game play gets a bit stale after a long playthrough. Short bursts is how I'm doing it.

Well, just finished it. Huh... It was over a lot quicker than I thought it would be. Kind of like Skyrim. Meh...

Just finished Sniper Elite 3, now back to GTA V and might start up Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor.

Well, just finished it. Huh... It was over a lot quicker than I thought it would be. Kind of like Skyrim. Meh...

Like all Bethesda games, it's easy to breeze through the main story line.

The meat of these games is in the side stuff. The Dark Brotherhood quest line was my personal favorite in Oblivion.

WTF. Oblivion took me over 150 hours. How the hell did you just blow through it in like 8?? LOL, seems like you might have missed just a few things... :p

Edit - oops, nevermind, for some reason I thought you said you were just about to start Oblivion at 11:20 today. Doesn't actually say when started. Still, there's tons and tons to do in those games if you just explore a little. But I guess it's not for everyone.

Mostly played Dragon Age Inquisition. Did the main quest called What Pride Had Wrought. I think I have 2 main quests left and am at level 23. I am kicking so much ass that it is not even funny since everything is like 2 levels below me lol. I don't even get XP when I visit some regions.

Also killed my 8th High Dragon. Hunting down all the High Dragons and then will finish off the main quest. Game is so dope.

Also played MKX and reached Jax's storyline. I really don't like some of the characters I am forced to play but the story itself is surprisingly well developed. I really like it.

That is about it for this weekend.

I picked up The Evil Within (PC) for $8.73 the other day from Amazon, loaded it up last night and am currently working through the second chapter. Loving the atmosphere and graphics, and relieved that it runs perfect 1080p on my laptop. The recommended specs kept me from buying it, but at that low price I couldn't pass it up.

Finishing up another run of Witcher 2 in preparation for W3 tomorrow.

Mostly played Dragon Age Inquisition. Did the main quest called What Pride Had Wrought. I think I have 2 main quests left and am at level 23. I am kicking so much ass that it is not even funny since everything is like 2 levels below me lol. I don't even get XP when I visit some regions.

Also killed my 8th High Dragon. Hunting down all the High Dragons and then will finish off the main quest. Game is so dope.

I've done 3 full play-throughs between the PC and PS4 version. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Don't think I have a run under 300hrs (completionist), Knight Enchanter is still my favorite!

As I was on vacation, I didn't play a ton. I brought my N3DS with me though, and discovered a cool little indie game. I'd seen it around before, but never gave it much thought. SteamWorld Dig. It was on sale for $4, so I grabbed it. It's actually amazingly good, and I played it in the evenings before going to sleep. Managed to beat it before we came back. I'd put it up there with Shovel Knight, FEZ, and some of the other, better 2D Platform/Action/Puzzle games. Highly recommended if you're into this sort of thing. It also has a mild bit of Terraria to it in a way. Great production and very polished.

I picked up The Evil Within (PC) for $8.73 the other day from Amazon, loaded it up last night and am currently working through the second chapter. Loving the atmosphere and graphics, and relieved that it runs perfect 1080p on my laptop. The recommended specs kept me from buying it, but at that low price I couldn't pass it up.

Wow... it was on sale for $8.73? Guess I missed out on a good sale.

I finished Aliens: Colonial Marines last night. Nice to have that one off of my Steam queue forever. :cool:

TW3 is out tonight! Can't wait!! That's what I'll be playing through my upcoming 4-day holiday weekend, and every weekend for the next couple months to come. Good times ahead! :D

That was a game that I played in College. I saved a lot of money when that thing was released. It soaked up all my free time.

Witcher 3 for the next couple of weeks, while "working" from home. I'm fooling no one.

Probably gonna play KOTOR 1 (or 2 if I finish 1). Never played the first one before, damn is it good :)

Probably gonna play KOTOR 1 (or 2 if I finish 1). Never played the first one before, damn is it good :)

I'm jealous, I loved that game. The last RPG I truely enjoyed aside from maybe Dragon Age: Origins. KotOR II was never really finished properly tho I believe there is a mod that replaces the content lucasart cut out.

Personally I'll probably play World of Tanks because I'm stupid and in need of a lobotomy.
If I feel like inducing some truely diabolical brain damage, might load up Rome II total war even tho the original was far superior in almost every way except graphically.

Back