What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Bored with D3... so I subbed to Eve. Clone migrated deep into null last night, well see how that goes this weekend.

Bored with D3... so I subbed to Eve. Clone migrated deep into null last night, well see how that goes this weekend.

Had more fun and put more hours into Eve than any other game. But I eventually got burned out, and also got a family. Game requires a big investment of time if you want to do small squad and fleet PVP, but it's really fucking fun.

I did recently install it again. I had a large amount of ISK on my account, so bought a year worth of game time using ISK and set up a year of training. One of the few games where you can use your in-game money to buy game time, instead of paying a sub fee.

Have fun. Hopefully you have the time to get into some good PVP. It's a fucking blast if you have the time. That learning curve....

jj16ThL.jpg

Had more fun and put more hours into Eve than any other game. But I eventually got burned out, and also got a family. Game requires a big investment of time if you want to do small squad and fleet PVP, but it's really fucking fun.

I did recently install it again. I had a large amount of ISK on my account, so bought a year worth of game time using ISK and set up a year of training. One of the few games where you can use your in-game money to buy game time, instead of paying a sub fee.

Have fun. Hopefully you have the time to get into some good PVP. It's a fucking blast if you have the time. That learning curve....

I've been following eve passively through reddit for at least 2 years, figuring like Dwarf Fortress it's one of those games best enjoyed from a distance. Then I caught myself on Diablo 3 spending a 3rd night in a row walking a new player through all the nuance of which stats are must have on each piece, and which are nice to haves, and which pieces of specific builds you must have and which you use substitutes for initially - and I had a 'if I'm going to get to this level of minutia, I may as well be playing eve' moment.

Surprised I held out this long, given I grew up playing Privateer, Armada, Freespace, Freelancer... guess it was the distaste I have for the forced grind mechanics that most MMO's rely on. I put 3 months on my account and figured I would deep dive right away, mucking around mining or shooting rats doesn't interest me at all. Spooled up a skill queue over the holidays, and now I've jumped right into one of the smaller Hero alliance members, we'll see how it goes.

I just started Metal Gear Rising Revengeance today. I'm about 3 hours in and this game is an absolute blast so far.

If I have a chance, New Vegas. picked it up on sale and only been able to drop about 4hrs into it. I never been into RPG games, but this one is fun.

Approaching 80 hours on Dragon Age and I haven't even saved "blank" from "blank" yet.....

Broke out the Gamecube last night. Haven' t dusted that console off in years. Surprised to see it had s-video cables with it. I don't remember picking up s-video for it. Maybe they came boxed with the console? Anyway I started up Wind Waker. Never have completed it. I remember thinking at the time if I am going to play Zelda I'd as soon replay OOT. Maybe I'll see it through this time. I also have Metroid Prime that I never beat too. Think l'll play both side by side. Kind of fun having the old Cube out with a couple of classic games. It displays great on my CRT HDTV too.

Big dota2 tournament playoffs going on. Playing dota2 on one monitor while watching it on the other.Sleep has been suffering.

Wasteland 2 and some Battlefield 3 Team Death Match 64 player maps never grow old.

Big dota2 tournament playoffs going on. Playing dota2 on one monitor while watching it on the other.Sleep has been suffering.

I love this game, but the community is so toxic. So I uninstalled a year ago. I wish I could completely mute everyone while playing.

meh, CS:GO is probably all I will be playing, might throw in some smash brothers over the next few days before this coming weekend.

Have been Skyrim'ing over the past month with new mods. This game is great, since the CTD and memory patched DLL's the game will 99% not crash with over 150 mods installed.

Reinstalled homefront this weekend, been playing the SP campaign again

Last edited:
WOOOOFINGSTAIN NU HODOR

How are you liking it? It's probably my favorite game of 2014. I had an absolute blast with it. There were other good ones too, but I got pulled into this one until I finished it.

My Assassin's Creed quest continues. Currently trudging through Brotherhood. All the little things they changed in this over II are really welcomed, especially the uncapped framerate.

Shining the Holy Arc for the Sega Saturn.

Just realized this is missing from my collection. Heading to ebay.

How are you liking it? It's probably my favorite game of 2014. I had an absolute blast with it. There were other good ones too, but I got pulled into this one until I finished it.

Sort of. Plot is fine and the shooting is fun but there's a few things that irk me. The jumping and sliding yadda yadda is dumb. I think twice I've had to look online to see what the hell I was supposed to do to get past some scene. Theres a bridge sequence where youre supposed to jump on a helicopter but if you try to jump with 2 guns you just fall with no explanation. when you jump with one gun nothing different happens except you land fine. Like you dont grab onto the helicopter or anything. It has a few dumb scenes like that.

I'm on the moon. Don't ruin it for me but if by some chance theres like a big plot twist or something coming I could see me coming back and being like "WOW GG" but so far it's just good. It has had some nice HL2 writing and scenery moments but it's not quite breaching into intelligent shooter like Singularity. I bought it at $16 like most reviews told me to so I'm already satisfied even if it ends up just being ok.

Were lucky if we get one cinematic shooter a year and wolfenstein seems like what we got for 2014. I don't count COD because for all their "amazing" cinematics the plots just bore me to sleep even the first Modern warfare which is supposed to have been the best one.

Last edited:
I'll be playing H1Z1 this weekend, and I'll probably hop on Secret Ponchos too.

Been playing Final Fantasy XII on emulator and I've been loving it. FFXI had it's hooks in me for a long time so I missed out playing this one. Will probably mix in some Wolfenstein as well.

Going to play CSGO, ShadowbaneEMU, ESXi, Paint The Bedroom, and best of all Shovel The Driveway. The last 2 have amazing graphics :D.

I've been switching between Dino Crisis (PC) and Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (DS) since last night, after a bout of survival horror nostalgia due to the imminent release of REbirth REmastered. I would be playing REbirth itself, but I don't have my GC where I'm at this weekend.

Back