What are you nerds playing this weekend?

MAME

I know what makes a game good if you can control the Pixels or do the pixels control you.
When you don't control the pixels the game sucks it's just a movie then.

I had a blast with Thief on my vacation too Rift not so much cause I spent 59+ hours playing it.

I know I am way late to the party but I just started playing The Witcher so I will be trying to make some good progress on that. Hopefully I can make it through the first two before 3 comes out.

I've got Max Payne 3, Saints Row IV, and Deus Ex all installed. Just not sure which one to start.

I need to give Saints Row IV another go.. it seemed really cool but I got derailed after a couple hours..

My Sega Dreamcast is still out and plugged in. Just finished Grandia 2 and now I am determined to get into Shenmue. So far it has been pretty slow and dull, walking around asking uninteresting villagers if they have seen a black car. Seriously that is all I have been doing, walking around asking different characters this same question. But everyone sez this is a fantastic title! So on their recommendation I'll stick with it...

I'm trying to finish F.E.A.R. 3, I have about 2 more intervals left. I picked it up for real cheap during one of Steam's sales a while back just never got around to it. Good god this game is a huge disappointment compared to the original and even F2 Project Origin. Just bland and no suspense, story line isn't good IMO, regen health, consolitis. etc.

And also playing BF4: CTE

I'm trying to finish F.E.A.R. 3, I have about 2 more intervals left. I picked it up for real cheap during one of Steam's sales a while back just never got around to it. Good god this game is a huge disappointment compared to the original and even F2 Project Origin. Just bland and no suspense, story line isn't good IMO, regen health, consolitis. etc.

And also playing BF4: CTE

Agreed! I lost interest after several hours of F3AR but I did like the first two (+expansions) quite a bit having played through them a couple times each. I usually play the original in October to get the Halloween creepiness going.

Played some Crawl, Gangbeasts, and Mount your friends this weekend. They are all fun games. Can't wait for the full version of gangbeasts comes out in 2 weeks.

Possibly playing Elite Dangerous, it's already more playable than star citizen. Looks pretty fun, from what I can tell it's non subscription paid as well.

So I got laid up with surgery, and have been clearing through some backlog. In the completed pile:
Xenogears (meh overrated - ya I said it)
3ds games - Mario bros, mario kart, Kirby triple deluxe (these have scratched my Nintendo itch)
Guacamelee
Demon gaze (vita)

Currently workings way through my first tales game - tales of vesperia - diggin it so far.

Upcoming:
D3 on ps4
The last of us ps4
Both witchers 1 & 2
Dishonored
Ultra street fighter 4

Thank god for gaming when you're not at your best. ;)

I've been playing Trine 2 with my brother lately. Great puzzle based games and got it cheap too.

I've been cleaning out the storage unit recently. I loaded this puppy up a few days ago. It seems like the game was expecting a controller or something though, I can't remember.

Gtyxhq.jpg

Against my better judgement I resubbed for WoW.
So I am going through Cataclysm stuff.

I am really enjoying it, for now, I expect I will play for a month and then swear off it forever....again...

Against my better judgement I resubbed for WoW.
So I am going through Cataclysm stuff.

I am really enjoying it, for now, I expect I will play for a month and then swear off it forever....again...

I resubbed like 3 months ago. TBH I'm glad I did, I got my characters all caught up and was surprised at how much I liked MoP. However this is a terrible time to gear up since the expansion is so close to coming out, unless you'd see yourself playing a lot within the next couple months.

Glad you're enjoying it though. Cata leveling areas were actually pretty good, though I wasn't a huge fan of the dungeons/raid.

I've been playing Trine 2 with my brother lately. Great puzzle based games and got it cheap too.

I've been cleaning out the storage unit recently. I loaded this puppy up a few days ago. It seems like the game was expecting a controller or something though, I can't remember.

Gtyxhq.jpg

Wtf? Turok 2 came out on PC??

Loved that game on my n64!

I won't be playing csgo unless they fix it. It is a real lag fest right now. Time to work on the backlog?

New laptop shows up tonight, so loading it with all my stuff will be priority.

If I get it finished installing, Defiance will be on the menu for the weekend.

Continuing along with my console retro gaming. I let go Shenmue on the Dreamcast for now and started up Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. I haven't been a huge fan of JRPGs but this title is pretty sweet. It is the perfect game for me to spend a few hours with in the evenings. Fully realized 3D world with lots of color and very appealing art style. Exploration is broad, fun and the characters and story are engaging. I love the way the hero is decked out, that's the way I would dress and look if I was an adventurer! Combat is standard turn based, but the monsters are varied and humorous. Animation quality is over the top. The designers put their best effort into this title and it shows.

Going to give the new PoE version a shot and then quit after 10 minutes because the desync is pissing me off :eek:.

Then move on to D3 UEE on PS4 :p.

Wolfenstein TNO... and probably some Diablo 3... That D3 gets under your skin. The eternal search for bigger badder gear!

[snip]

I have that same game sitting in my collection - box and all!

Played many games over the weekend.
Finished Wolf Among Us.
Played 4 chapters in Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2.
Started Path of Exile.
Moved my SSFIVAE profile to steam and played USFIV.
Played a couple of chapters in Deadlight.
Last week also finished Divinity Original Sin.
Played a few checkpoints in Serious Sam 3.
Uninstalled Watch Dogs. Already had it completed a month or so ago.

Counter-Strike: Global Operations (CS:GO) I consider this the true successor to CS 1.6 over Source and CZ.

DOTA 2

The Darkness II. Very linear compared to the first game, and unfortunately The Darkness (i.e. Mike Patton doing a black metal-ish voice) doesn't talk as much. Gameplay is top-notch, though.

Shining in the Darkness for the Sega Genesis.

Sega does what nintendont!

Last edited:
Okamiden, pokemon black, and LoZ twilight princess. All good games, not sure which one to play at the moment, but I will play them all!

Still truckin' with Dragon Quest VIII on my PS2. I am 40 hours in now and this game is shaping up to be among the most enjoyable games I have ever played --- any genre or platform. It is just what I was looking for in a single player game, something I could come home to and chill with. I have had the game lying around for ages, but never was able to get into it like I am this time.

Back