What are you nerds playing this weekend?

The-Wolf-Among-Us-Logo.png

FTL-AE-Title2.png

Gone_Home_logo_01b.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-wide-nintendofuse-600x200.jpg

planetside2.png

Long weekend for the 4th.
Lots of stuff going on, big party, fireworks, gonna blow stuff up.

So I am not sure if I will squeeze any games time in this, but I have been itching to get back into skyrim.

Hopefully with it being a long weekend I can finish up L.A. Noire then I can dig in to some of the new games I just got from the Steam Summer Sale.

i played more csgo last weekend. i leveled up to master guardian elite for the first time.

As predicted, I played some classic arcade games on Friday. We more or less finished that bottle of whiskey though, so walked a couple of blocks to play some pool after that. :D

The next day though I was back at Borderlands 2 with my daughter. Then the work around the house crept in, and I didn't get to play anymore.

My B-day 7-2 My son's B-day 7-3 and this great nations birthday 7-4.
I will be all worned out by the 4th and that's if they remember my B-day!...lol

I will play Infestation SS + Planetary Annihilation + Arma 3 Life mod!

YOU ARE A NERD NOT ME!!!

I guess with the july update on PSN I will be playing Strider.
Between my Steam backlog and PS Plus I just have more games than Amelia Marcos had shoes.

I was going to play all the game I bought on Steam but
I picked up Black Gold the steampunk MMO for 20.00 at Wal-Hell....

Blackgold is ok don't expect it to catch on like other MMOS unless the starting area just suck the generic sound effects galore. I like Firefall better...

Just tried all of my Steam games from the Steam sale

#1 Dishonored was the best

#2 Spin Tires

#3 Grim Dawn

all of the rest are sub par or require a lot of time for me to even care until I loose my job and have some time to play them.
I thought Counter Strike GO would be better...

Just tried all of my Steam games from the Steam sale

#1 Dishonored was the best

#2 Spin Tires

#3 Grim Dawn

all of the rest are sub par or require a lot of time for me to even care until I loose my job and have some time to play them.
I thought Counter Strike GO would be better...

Dishonored is one of the few games in recent years that I had to keep playing through the end without much of a break. Finished it over a weekend, and had a blast.

I'm going to fire up BF4 and do a bit of online playing. If the game allows I'm going to change my user name to 'a little girl'. :p

I work from home, so every day is like July 4th. But this weekend I'll be diving into some Divinity with a buddy. Happy 4th all! Or Happy WET 4th if you're in New England, damn Hurricane.

I just beat BF3 campaign last weekend. It was short, but it was awesome. There were a few glitches, but overall it really sucked me in and it felt like I was there.

This week into the weekend

Spin Tires
Civilization 5 Multi-player
Star Citizen DFM

The kids and I decided to start replaying Ghostbusters. We nearly completed it during the time that we weren't out in the sun this weekend. Having a blast with it (again).

The kids and I decided to start replaying Ghostbusters. We nearly completed it during the time that we weren't out in the sun this weekend. Having a blast with it (again).
I hope you mean Ghostbusters on Sega Master System :D.

I hope you mean Ghostbusters on Sega Master System :D.

While I did have a Master System (and loved it,) I played Ghostbusters (of that era) on my C64. :cool: Loved that game. It was basically the same game on both systems. However, no, this weekend it was the game that was released a couple of years ago with the original cast in it. It's really quite a fun game. My wife actually sat and watched, (which is VERY rare,) just because it kept making her laugh.

Is that a co-op game?

If you mean Ghostbusters, no. Single player. The Ghostbusters are NPCs that follow you around, progress the story, and make you feel like you're part of the team. (you're a new recruit in the game) It's actually very well handled, and since it was written by Harold Ramis (RIP) and Dan Aykroyd and used most of the original cast, it's almost like playing a GB movie. Highly recommended. (it has some minor flaws, but it's a really solid game)

Co-op would have been absolutely brilliant, but I can't see how it would have worked as well story-wise (unless maybe there were more recruits or something...)

That you mentioned you were playing it with your kids just brought back some great memories for me. My family wasn't making NES money back in the '80s, but we did have the SMS with a bunch of great games. My mom and I would sit down and play Ghostbusters on the SMS a lot when I came home from school. And as it turns out, the SMS version was superior to the NES version ;). I still have the same SMS, and it still works great.

I know I shouldn't admit this but I will be playing Alan Wake this weekend.
Started it last night and got sucked in.

Game's fucking brilliant. On my top 10 list for sure, I'm not sure what it is about it, but it hits deep. I know if I boot it up right now, I won't stop until it's done.

If you mean Ghostbusters, no. Single player. The Ghostbusters are NPCs that follow you around, progress the story, and make you feel like you're part of the team. (you're a new recruit in the game) It's actually very well handled, and since it was written by Harold Ramis (RIP) and Dan Aykroyd and used most of the original cast, it's almost like playing a GB movie. Highly recommended. (it has some minor flaws, but it's a really solid game)

Co-op would have been absolutely brilliant, but I can't see how it would have worked as well story-wise (unless maybe there were more recruits or something...)

I had fun playing Ghostbusters. It's as close to Ghostbuster 3 we'll ever get. Not a bad game either just don't expect to be blown away either.

As far what I'll be playing this weekend...The Witcher 1. Been in my backlog for awhile and finally started it Monday.

WoW. Pushing my warrior to 90. Finally learning to tank after 7 years of healing.

Game's fucking brilliant. On my top 10 list for sure, I'm not sure what it is about it, but it hits deep. I know if I boot it up right now, I won't stop until it's done.

Yeah, well I picked it up on a steam sale ages ago and never started it.

Once I did I was instantly hooked. It just drags you in totally. I don't think I have ever played a game, in fact, that was so engaging from the very start.

Yeah, well I picked it up on a steam sale ages ago and never started it.

Once I did I was instantly hooked. It just drags you in totally. I don't think I have ever played a game, in fact, that was so engaging from the very start.

I enjoyed it but liked Deadly Premonition more overall.

Be sure to play the DLC after you beat A. Wake. You should have it if you bought them on PC.

I will be trying out this new Transformers Universe beta. I watched a video and it looked semi entertaining at least

I started playing it as well. Got to episode 2 and, there is a part that was so damn hard I couldn't get past it and gave up.:(

I've got a long list in the backlog, but I'm thinking:

Marvel Heroes as my game to play while inebriated
Divinity Original Sin as my main thing to get into
Planetary Annihilation as my why-did-i-kickstart-this-i-don't-even-play-RTS's-but-dammit-this-looks-fun-i-just-need-to-learn-how-to-play

Might do Project Zomboid. I've spent some hours in it, but I never could quite get it to click.

Apart from that, I've been enjoying Assetto Corsa lately. The physics model is, I think, the best I've seen.

Went to purchase The Wolf Among Us during the sale this week, found out I had already bought on impulse during the Summer Sale :p. Going to give that a go this weekend since my dad has been telling me how good it is.

Back