What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Testing out some of the new stuff in Payday 2 this weekend.

I just began playing it today after owning it since release when a friend bought it for me.
The first one didn't get too many hours out of me. 6 hours straight for PD2 so far, I love it. DLC's look great as well.
Played Titanfall beta on PC for an hour & I liked it a lot! Server issues stopped that for the evening and it's back up now. It's going to be a day 1 purchase from me now.
BF4, always going back to it....:rolleyes:

Titanfall lots of fun, im surprised actually really fast paced fun action fueled gameplay.

Day one for me.

A buddy bought Dead State and I've been playing it a bit. Its got some pretty good potential as it reminds me of a watered down version of jagged alliance with zombies

Call of Duty Ghosts again I'm over level 20 finally dont' play much like one day a week.

I ended up playing "sort all my damn pictures and video so I don't lose anything because I am paranoid" all weekend...

I finished the BF4 campaign (meh).

Hopped back into Skyrim with a new set of mods - mostly graphical.

Titanfall lots of fun, im surprised actually really fast paced fun action fueled gameplay.

Day one for me.

Same here! I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I must have just played for three hours straight. I don't think I've gamed that long in one sitting since Skyrim. Day one for sure.

I ended up playing "sort all my damn pictures and video so I don't lose anything because I am paranoid" all weekend...

It seems you're always doing something you don't really want to do every weekend. When will you get to have fun!?!? :eek::confused:

TitanfallReveal.jpg

Titanfall videos I've watched look boring. 6v6? Meh. Doesn't seem to be a lot of content either.

I am thinking NiNo Kuni for the DS for a week, then after that... back to Shank 2 on the PC.

I was going to wait till my 2nd child is born, in July, since using the PC for late night gaming won't be an option, but it looks like I've run out of stuff to play, so I'll be diving into bravery default tonight.

Hearth stone because I can play it anywhere lol. League when my friends and cousins are on.

Titanfall videos I've watched look boring. 6v6? Meh. Doesn't seem to be a lot of content either.

You must be watching another game. Every single TF match in the 10+ hours I played was action packed, and more in your face.. free roaming, fun action FPS than most FPS's I've played over the last decade.

Decade

Using 6v6 as an argument is flawed. Let me explain. Yes, there are 12 players in the game. There are however many other variables that completely alter how this game plays when compared to traditional FPS of the past. This is key, because if you're looking to compare TF to COD or any other FPS out there .. thats mistake number 1.

In addition to 12 humans running around the space, there are AI, the entire levels are designed around spacial movement in all directions. Enemies are attacking you from above, below, dropping in from jetpack, sniping from cliffs. The environment allows for 5-6x as many entry points to flank you at any given point. This alone makes the game entirely more thrilling than running around on the ground and trying to spot enemies in tired old fashion. Then there are these things called Titans .. crazy I know. When a pilot calls for a Titan, they can 'at will' disembark said device and leave on foot.. leaving their Titan to patrol and defend on auto pilot mode. I do this very... VERY frequently so I can get inside to cap a point. So what you'll find is that in just about every match, there can be several Titans roaming the battlefield on auto mode, attacking you, attacking enemies in addition to AI, and 12 human players wall running, jet pack hopping around in all directions.

I have to say that if the game was 12v12 it would be unbearable and not fun at all. Currently at 6v6 it is goddamn revolutionary. Any more human players surely would unbalance the scope of the design, which is likely why it was reduced.. even on PC. The fact the game is only 6v6 on PC still basically proves that point. The game is not 6v6 for lack of power or resources.. its 6v6, because its really 6v6vAIvTitansvlevel design and the game doesn't balance well at higher numbers.

There are a lot of things Titanfall isn't, but boring is not one of them. Playing the beta gave me a sense of FUN and excitement to keep going and keep going, very much like how Counter-Strike did when I first played it in 1999. Its been that long since I've felt that.. no Call of Duty, no Battlefield game has done that.

No video is going to give you that sensation, it will pour over you when you play the game. I think you'll hear a lot of similar words in reviews once they start to hit. Avoid the temptation of easy complaints about Source engine and 6v6, instead ... just let the fun happen.

I was going to wait till my 2nd child is born, in July, since using the PC for late night gaming won't be an option, but it looks like I've run out of stuff to play, so I'll be diving into bravery default tonight.

Funny, after having my kids I was gaming even more. By that I mean, when both of my kids were born/newborns I knew I had 2-4 hours to do whatever I wanted when they went down for a nap. I didn't plan on gaming, but often times you're at home watching the baby while he/she naps while your partner is either napping or out running errands.

Boom, super game time.

Then as my oldest got older (4 now) we started gaming together. Every single night I come home the first things I hear when I walk in the door are "Daddy, you want to plan WiiU with me?" :eek::cool: Doesn't always happen but I do sit down and play with my son many nights a week before bed. Then I usually watch a TV show with the wife and she goes to bed. By then its 9pm and I'm not sleeping for 3-4 hours .... soooooo

Boom, super game time. lol

Of course my wife games as well and never tried to imply I shouldn't. I know a few guys who's wives basically tried to neuter their gaming hobby after having kids. If thats you, then I understand but if not .. you should have plenty of time ahead to get your game on :)

CoD 4. Banned on a server for allegedly wall hacking, I forgot how many cry baby admins there are in this game lol.

Planning to play a few hours of ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition this weekend. Game controller seems a bit broken but the story has kept me playing for a few weeks. :)

Not much since I can't play Titanfall anymore. Need a really good shooter, but you can pick from COD or BF4. Both crap.

Eve Online...possibly some Dayz

Wish I could care about Eve again. I've got a 160mil SP PVP pilot that I've been training, but not playing, for 2 years now. So much of a time sync though. Nothing in Eve can be done in less than an hour. :(

And god forbid you get into a PVP gang/fleet. Goodbye evening.

now that the titanfall beta is over, most likely assetto corsa, guacamelee, and the swapper. Still need to narrow down my steam backlog

Back