What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by HardUp4HardWare, Jan 16, 2014.

1. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

I picked up Tokyo Xanadu EX+ for 12 bucks, and am enjoying it. It's a nice change-up form all the old Ys titles, while still having awesome combat.

It looks like it's going to spawn a sequel, and I'd happily pick that up.

Game is hard though. Had to turn it down to Easy for a boss battle after the first chapter...I must be getting old :D

2. /dev/null

/dev/null [H]ardForum Junkie

I think I might play Star Wars Force Unleashed for X360 on my XB1X. With XB1X it looks like all the screen tearing is gone!

3. Pivo504

Pivo504 2[H]4U

Shovel knight finally beat the last dlc! Plague of shadows was rough hated having to time the bombs ugh great game can't wait for the king of cards! Not sure where to start next got hollow knight, re2remake, megaman 11, messanger, ritual of the night, Witcher 3, mgv?! lol

J3RK likes this.
  4. clownfish27

clownfish27 [H]Lite

5. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Youngblood
    Battlefleet Gothic Armada II I just picked up the 1st game as well
    Thief still on Act 4
    Pillars of Eternity 2
    Death of a Outsider

Lineup for my vacation

6. DF-1

DF-1 2[H]4U

LUCIOBALL

Denpepe likes this.
  7. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I know exactly what you mean. I think we are actually getting closer to good options for portable PC playing. Still a little way off I think until I jump, but there are some interesting things out there. I’m waiting for something with some panache. In the meantime, the Switch has me covered.

Edit: Whoa, not sure how I traveled through time here. Must have hit some weird space-time ripple. :p I was reading this on my phone though (in my defense) when I replied.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  8. Domingo

Domingo [H]ard as it Gets

Detroit Become Human. It's free on PS+ (for at least one more day), and has been a delight. It isn't much of a "game" but it's a delightful story experience.

9. AceGoober

AceGoober Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!

Borderlands TPS.

Been farming Felicity Rampant the last few days for a Quasar Grenade. Looking specifically for Longbow Sticky. Out of 71 runs she's dropped a Lobbed and a Longbow but nothing else.

10. grippy

grippy n00b

I discovered Baccarat last week and will play it intensively this weekend to figure out some kind of strategy in this game.

AceGoober likes this.
  11. cybereality

cybereality [H]ardness Supreme

I finally beat Shadowrun for SNES, been trying to finish this game since 1993.

Now I'm on Shadowrun for Genesis. Not as good as the SNES game, but still good for the time.

J3RK likes this.
  12. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nice!! I beat it a couple of years ago finally as well. I’m not a fan of a few of its systems, but overall, it’s an excellent game. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’ve heard that most people prefer the Genesis one, but I’ve tried several times to get into it, and so far nothing.

cybereality likes this.
  13. cybereality

I think the Genesis version is more faithful to the source material, in that you actually go on runs yourself, but I just liked the SNES one better (maybe because I played it when it came out, so there is a nostalgia factor).

J3RK likes this.
  14. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

Runescape with the wife, there's some kind of skill off event thing going.
    The Division and The Division 2. Wife asks me if I"m sick of The Division yet but I told I'll never get sick of The Division and the Dark Zone.

15. Damos

Damos Limp Gawd

League most likely. One day I will climb to Masters and not be a hard stuck diamond chump.

Girlfriend likes to watch me play JRPGs for some reason when she is sick, so probably try to get through KH3 this weekend. Haven't played it yet.

16. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I’d keep a vile of common cold around for when you need a JRPG fix :D

Damos likes this.
  17. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

Grim Dawn and Fallout 4.

+ Apex/Rocket League/GTA V etc.

18. Pivo504

Pivo504 2[H]4U

Re2 remake. Beat leon run now on claire 2nd run. Wth is the deal with these zombies? ! Head shottn them multiple times won't kill em!

19. AceGoober

"There's relish everywhere! I can't believe what I'm seein'!" :D

20. renswic

renswic [H]ardness Supreme

Going to keep messing around on Skyrim, will probably knock out college of winterhold quest line next

21. Kapps813

Kapps813 n00b

Can't go wrong with a little bit of mindless grinding in WoW.

Denpepe likes this.
  22. DF-1

DF-1 2[H]4U

MORE LUCIOBALL

23. SeymourGore

SeymourGore 2[H]4U

Finishing up Dishonored 2 this weekend and unsure if I'm going to go straight to the 'Death of the Outsider' expansion or try out Prey.

J3RK and cybereality like this.
  24. harvestor

harvestor [H]Lite

Going to try out alan wake, I remember wanting to play it around release but had way to many other games/hobbies on the go.

cybereality likes this.
  25. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

I remember that game, Alan Wake, I haven't played it in ages but I remember rage quitting because it become too difficult. Even on the easy setting, maybe I was doing something wrong or just because I'm old (almost 38). Shame because I was liking the story.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the game and have better luck that I did.

26. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Playing Thief from 2014 Just finished chapter 4 outside this Inn where I upgraded my Blackjack.
    I read back in the day they let go the Square Enix let go the entire staff damn shame no wonder we never got another game.

20190803110259_1.jpg 20190803093702_1.jpg

27. cybereality

Prey was really good. It was sort of a sleeper, I didn't see many people talking about it but it was great.

What I liked about the game is it starts out super hard, to the point where you have to run away from enemies at first. But then you get upgraded later and the enemies mostly stay the same strength so it's nice by the end.

I have Alan Wake installed. I always wanted to play the game but I never got around to it. Hoping to finish that before I play Control.

28. Jumpem

Jumpem Gawd

Still working my way through Assassin's Creed Odyssey. It is one of the best games I have played. Certainly the best in the last five or ten years.

29. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

30. AceGoober

31. cybereality

I'm on a cyberpunk marathon.

Deep in Shadowrun for Genesis and also playing VA-11 Hall-A, which is quite an original find.

AceGoober and J3RK like this.
  32. KickAssCop

KickAssCop [H]ardness Supreme

33. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

A spot of RAGE 2. Otherwise it was a fairly game-free weekend.

34. Domingo

Domingo [H]ard as it Gets

Decided to replay Uncharted 2 (the HD remake version) after recently playing through 3, 4, and Lost Legacy.
    It's unmistakably the best of the bunch and the aiming is sooooo much better in the first two.

35. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Finally got past this one level I was stuck on like maybe 6-7 years ago in Deus Ex: Human Revolution I just took the wrong direction finally made it. My save was still there actually surprised cloud saves rule. They don't even sell the original version on Steam anymore just the directors cut.
    20190813180858_1.jpg

cybereality likes this.
  36. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

Wolfenstein Youngblood. Apparently you can't pause when playing offline, but a patch will be out soon for that. And you can't toggle aiming. You have to constantly hold down the aim button which is just terrible. Hope they add that in. Enemies are a bit spammy HP wise but it sounds like there will be another patch in the coming weeks to change that. If you're on the fence, I'd consider waiting 2-3 weeks before playing it. Wish I had known before I started. Otherwise it isn't that bad, but not great.

cybereality likes this.
  37. cybereality

I also heard if you die in the game, you die in real life.

38. renswic

Breath of the Wild for my new Switch

J3RK and cybereality like this.
  39. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

I heard apex has solo mode for a couple of weeks so I'm going to try that out and play some rebel galaxy.

40. renswic

Still on a BOTW fix. Had to laugh, my son has been playing OOT on the 3ds and kept asking how to get this, that and the other.

Told him that he needed to figured out like we did growing up. Ask friends. He wasn't amused

J3RK likes this.