What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by HardUp4HardWare, Jan 16, 2014.

1. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

Enjoy!

https://www.amazon.com/GPD-WIN-OCTOBER-UPDATE-Touchscreen/dp/B07BVBS29R

It's only Intel IGP, but that's more than capable of playing most of your steam library. It's either this, or you pay out-the-ass for the $900 smach z pro (AMD 2500u), but has yet to ship.

https://www.smachz.com/shop/

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    AceGoober and horrorshow like this.
  2. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah, I'm not really into laptops for games. There are some out there that obviously do the job. I also played half of Dead Cells while on vacation on one, but I definitely prefer either a desktop PC, a living room PC or console, or a real handheld. The Switch is great though, and has much of the indie games I play on Steam, and for decent prices. I typically duplicate the games I play the most on Steam and Switch (if it's a game that lends itself well to playing in multiple places).

3. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

The Division, it's a global week event.

And Runescape, yes, wifey plays the game lol.

4. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

Finally got around to playing metro:exodus. doing a no-kill run, really enjoying it. the stealth works really well

DrDoU likes this.
  5. twonunpackmule

twonunpackmule [H]ard|Gawd

6. modi123

modi123 [H]ardness Supreme

7. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

It is when you can't even buy the Smach Z. It's been "in-production" for the last four years, since it's initial kick starter in 2015.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Smach...zen-CPU-almost-ready-for-launch.406291.0.html

They can't even get the first generation out the door, so IF it ever ships, you'll be buying a first-generation portable gaming product (with all the issues that comes with).

I prefer the GPD Win 2 for three reasons:

1. You can buy it TODAY, for $200 less.
    2. It's the second-generation, so all the issues encountered in the first gen have have been fixed.
    3. It's been thoroughly reviewed. No fucking hard sell sales tactic where "reserve yours NOW BEFORE THEY'RE ALL GONE"

4. If you want to wait for the next generation GPD Win Max with the exact same Ryzen chip as the Smachz is using, I'm willing to bet that's a lot more likely lo ship.

GPD has shipped Win 1 (October 2016) and Win 2 (May 2018) in the same three year period that Shmac Z has been foundering around. I have much more faith that the Win Max will ship before we ever see the Z

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  8. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

I think this time I'm actually going to finish RDR 1 this weekend. I also just played a few rounds of Dota Underlords. It's pretty fun but tough.

9. DrDoU

DrDoU 2[H]4U

Metro Exodus finally fixed my computer.

Flogger23m and J3RK like this.
  10. twonunpackmule

twonunpackmule [H]ard|Gawd

I, honestly, know very little about the Smach Z. So, I didn't even realize it wasn't out. As, I seemed to have missed the "has yet to ship" part of your statement.

11. viivo

viivo [H]ard|Gawd

Hopefully finishing Far Cry 5 since the 1.12 update supposedly fixed the stutter issue that originally caused me to stop playing.

Also must make time for No Man's Sky so I can finally leave the Euclid galaxy.

All of this in preparation of Shadowbringers early access in a few days which will be a total shit storm like the previous expansion launches.

12. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

F1 2019 is coming out this weekend so I’m looking forward to playing that.

13. owned66

owned66 n00b

Journey <3 on the PC .

Super sampled using that long Nvidia trick

14. blunt_eastwood

blunt_eastwood Limp Gawd

Any interest in doing some FC5 co-op on Sunday?

15. Richneerd

Richneerd Gawd

Resident Evil Two PC with Claire White Lingerie Mod

16. Domingo

Domingo [H]ard as it Gets

Devil May Cry 5. It falls into the category of stupid but fun. The plot and characters are laughably bad, but it's almost like they realize it. If nothing else, it's fast paced and chaotic.

17. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Just Plain Mean Staff Member

18. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

I finally finished RDR1. I’m going to start Prey and pick up F1 2019 this weekend

19. viivo

viivo [H]ard|Gawd

Feel free to add me on uplay: eruditefacade

20. Majinhoju

Majinhoju [H]ard|Gawd

Probably going to play FFXIV and Monster Hunter.
    Hopefully gonna play Ghost Recond Wildlands as well.

21. AceGoober

AceGoober Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!

Borderlands 2 and associated DLCs. Finished the new DLC last week but am playing it again with a different character. Level 38 with mediocre equipment fairs well.

If I can get over to friend's house to use their 50MB internet access then I'll be hitting up Borderlands: TPS as well.

22. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

I reinstalled Borderlands 2 for the DLC and I'm actually finding it really hard, it's much tougher that I remember the main game being.

AceGoober likes this.
  23. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

I noticed that too, I did find a nice legendary near the end whch helped me quite a bit, but I did not remember beeing so squishy.

AceGoober likes this.
  24. viivo

viivo [H]ard|Gawd

Shadowbringers, FFXIV's new expansion, and trying really hard not to uninstall and unsubscribe. How, why, when, and by whom, was the decision made to hard limit FPS to 90? There were never problems with high framerates - the only physics in the game are for hair and tits, and everything else was the same in spite of framerate.

Now, input lag is through the roof for people who don't have 60hz monitors and frametimes are completely fucked, leading to a microstuttering, jittering, frame skipping pile of dogshit and disappointment. I wouldn't have thought they'd do something that directly and negatively affects a large portion of players in a way that is noticeable 100% of the time. I can't be the only one who values the sense of onscreen smoothness and low input lag, and for me the entire gameplay experience is ruined.

25. ScuNioN

ScuNioN [H]Lite

Just played it about 9 months ago again but this time with 3D vision + helix mod patch; some games are never the same once you play them in 3D vision.

26. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Last week I just played The Divsion 2
    and Battlefleet Gothic Armada II not really sold on the Division though seems to be
    repeating walking to missions is also a drag I get nothing out of it.
    So used to using vehicles like in Ghost Recon.

27. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

started playing rainbow six siege again. played it the first year it came out then didn't touch it much since. damn thing takes up 99gb of storage this whole time. and since I'm on a fortnite break, I needed something new to play.

28. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

opus magnum. it shows results from friends list comparison. only 2 people, one dropped out after the first batch of levels, the other guy quit after reaching the conclusion of the "story". the last section is puzzles, and they are pretty slow going to figure out.

J3RK likes this.
  29. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

I have been sucked back into Euro Truck Simulator 2. It such a simple game but can be somewhat relaxing.

AceGoober likes this.
  30. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I really need to play this sometime. My brother is an artist for these guys, and gave me a key for it a while back. I just haven't had time to dig into it. It looks cool though.

31. AceGoober

Played a little bit of Borderlands TPS in UVH mode. Messed up by selling a couple of corrosion weapons prior to entering UVH. Ironclad and other heavily armored enemy are kicking my character's butt. Been avoiding them as much as possible but it is definitely a challenge. I'll be glad when I am able to get to a point in the game to farm for high corrosive proc weapons. None of the vendors are producing any good weapons so far and I'm running out of golden keys.

32. Eshelmen

Eshelmen [H]ardness Supreme

Finally bought Sea of Thieves on PC as it's $25 finally. Already having a fun time with the few hours I got to jam on it.

Probably will play that once I'm home this week end.

33. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Just grabbed Blazing Chrome. Another one to add to the 2D Game database when I get that... how you say... spare time?

Anyway, it’s like a modern Contra Hard Corps or Contra III. It’s well balanced, the aesthetic is mwhah ***makes Italian kissing gesture*** and my daughter and I played through the first couple of levels. Had a blast!

Recommended on Steam or Switch.

34. Gabe3

Gabe3 2[H]4U

I played the beta and agree its fun. theres so much character to the game. but I wish they had different modes. like capture the flag. or have multiple islands with capture points. they could have done so much more with the game.

35. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

I'm way behind on Assassins Creed games so I'm going to dive back into those. I started playing Assassins Creed III on the PS3 a while back but never beat it. Now that I have the remaster on PC I'm going to get back into it. I've heard the newer ones are pretty good so hopefully I can power through a few of the older ones pretty quick. I tend to get distracted by all optional things in these games though they might take me a while to get through.

36. Ranulfo

Ranulfo [H]ard|Gawd

Outpost Zero, survival game where you play a robot building a colony. Free play on Steam for 3 more days to try it.

37. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Despite being in the middle of a few other games, I played a ton of Dead Cells over the weekend. A lot has changed even since my last set of runs a few months back. It really feels like the perfect game now.

38. AceGoober

Only played a couple of hours this past weekend; mainly modding Fallout 3 and BL2 and testing mods. One mod for FO3 is my own creation whereas BL2 was installing existing mods, namely backpack and bank slot increase.

39. brentom

brentom n00b

I'm planning to try the Way of the Samurai 4.

40. Eshelmen

Eshelmen [H]ardness Supreme

Picked up Doom for $6 this week on steam.

Been playing this for the past few days. Have been playing on Ultra Violence difficulty. Having a blast, and hoping to beat it by Sunday.