What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by HardUp4HardWare, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Denpepe

Denpepe Gawd

wow, Destiny 2, dragon quest XI on the PS4 and maybe some strange brigade.

2. Lmah2x

Lmah2x Gawd

Resident Evil 2 and Hitman 2. Might give Subnautica Below Zero a try, but don't want to put too much time into it while in early access.

3. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

4. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

This weekend I'm finishing the RDR2 epilogue, Anthem Beta, RimWorld and I may give DotA Auto Chess

5. vnplayer

vnplayer n00b

:( got headshot from across island all day everyday in this game...

How about World of Tank?

6. delita

delita [H]ard|Gawd

7. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

I feel nostalgic ^

This nerd is playing The Division 2 Private Beta this weekend.

exlink and Porter_ like this.
  8. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

I just finished DOOM 3 the other day. I have a bunch of sweet gifs/videos and was going to write a big long post reviewing it in retrospect as its 15 year anniversary is coming up and I never played it when it came out, this was also including the new "DOOM 3 Redux + sikk mod". However I'm busy with work and I doubt anyone wants to discuss DOOM 3 anyway.

I think Ive settled on giving Witcher: Enhanced edition a serious shot, but man the game is ugly as shit and the combat looks retarded. Also I immediately have to troubleshoot the fact that cut scenes arent working. If it frustrates me too much I'm gonna switch to beating Baldurs Gate II. Yes Im know 20 something years too late.

Youn and J3RK like this.
  9. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Doom 3, nice! I play through it maybe every other year or so. It’s one of my favorite games.

10. Majinhoju

Majinhoju [H]ard|Gawd

There's a few classic games I want to dig into. I never played much of the original Baldur's gate. I had it but never really put time into it. I did play through Dark Alliance on the conosles.
    I might get Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition a start soon.

This weekend will likely be jumping between FFXIV, Far Cry 5 and Resident Evil 2: Remake.

11. Bankie

Bankie [H]ard|Gawd

When the friends are online: League of Legends as always but hopefully I can get them to jump into Vermintide 2.

Solo: Subnautica.

12. exlink

exlink [H]ardness Supreme

Monster Hunter World (PC) and I'm also going to try out the Devil May Cry 5 demo on the PS4.

Might give Resident Evil 2 a go if I can find an AMD code for cheap otherwise I'll continue waiting until the game hits the $20-30 range.

13. RoxieToast

RoxieToast n00b

I think I'll try out Apex Legends if it runs alright on my machine cuz my specs are just barely above the min requirements... Maybe someone already tried it out? Is it well optimized? Otherwise it's gonn be Overwatch and Destiny

14. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Still playing Monster Boy right now, but we're supposed to be having one of our "blizzards" here in Seattle :D over the next few days, and I expect I might have a 3.5-4 day weekend. Even though my backlog is somewhat healthy right now, I may pick up a JRPG for the Switch, and get sucked into that for the weekend. I haven't tried Octopath Traveler yet. I'm not as into these anymore, but since I recently did a Chrono Trigger play-through, I'm kind of in the mood for something like this.

15. revenant

revenant [H]ardForum Junkie

Unreal II The Awakening on my retro rig. (shot this last night)

Probably some Unreal Tournament also. Woot!!

Ripskin, horrorshow and J3RK like this.
  16. harvestor

harvestor [H]Lite

The division 2 beta, also going to work on my retro pii setup a bit

17. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I enjoyed Unreal II quite a bit. But then, I usually do enjoy games that the majority aren't too fond of, as long as they aren't objectively broken. :D

18. revenant

I find it interesting I can game all night on this old system with a 19" display and have as much fun as I do on my modern system. The nostalgia factor for sure fuels part of it. The voice acting is surprisingly entertaining also. My geforce3 is struggling though a bit though with Unreal II so I might need to slap a Geforce4 on this pc... I have a Leadtek ti4200 and a few other options to move up to.

J3RK likes this.
  19. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I think I played that on a Ti4600, so that 4200 should do quite well.

20. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

Just got an invite to The Division 2 beta so looks like I'll be giving that a go.

VF31Tomcatters likes this.
  21. TangledThornz

TangledThornz Gawd

Replaying Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Not as good as I remembered. Oh well, come on Cyberpunk 2077!!

revenant likes this.
  22. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

The Division 2 beta with some Lagavulin

23. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

Apex Legends and finally finishing RDR2.

I want to buy a new game on Steam, what should I get?
    Prey
    Project Hospital
    Monster Hunter World
    Dead Cells

24. jrobdog

jrobdog Limp Gawd

Haven't played the others but Dead cells is excellent. If you're in the mood for a challenging and fast paced platformer, dead cells is great.

25. exlink

+1 for Monster Hunter World in my opinion. Was my personal GOTY for 2018 and I still play it a year later.

26. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

I'll probably pick up Dead Cells and MHW. I haven't played any of the MH games and I'm eager to try it.

horrorshow and J3RK like this.
  27. jrobdog

jrobdog Limp Gawd

I'm also tempted by MWH. Post your thoughts on it for sure.

horrorshow likes this.
  28. Reaperkk

Reaperkk [H]ard|Gawd

I will, I just bought and I'll give it a 2 hour play through tonight to see if I like it enough and not return it.

29. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

Got finished with Strange Brigade, Played Quake 4 again and started RE:2 last night, I'm digging it from the last time I played it on the PS1.

horrorshow, J3RK and Denpepe like this.
  30. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I’ve been playing Dead Cells in large bursts since early access. Excellent game. Prey is great too, but honestly I put a lot more time into Dead Cells.

revenant and horrorshow like this.
  31. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

I'm almost embarassed to admit it, but I'm really enjoying Farcry 5 thus far....

The story is retarded, but the open-world nature of the game is pretty sweet.

J3RK and revenant like this.
  32. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

I thought it was pretty cool, Far Cry 4 is a lot better though.
    Giving Hurk a RPG and watching him go full tard shooting bears n shit is a riot!

33. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

The first time I saw a bear legit get into the mix, I was like "Ohhhhhhhhhh".

Bear is straight handin' out naps as I'm siccing my dog on him etc. Awesome craziness!!

EDIT: Besides that game, I hope to squeeze in some Apex Legends.

Also, anyone know of a good "chill" game? As in - relaxing / easy going....

34. revenant

Subnautica? Well, until you reach the depths. :)

35. kamxam

kamxam [H]ard|Gawd

Been reading about Cavemen, so been playing Farcry Primal the past week or so. Also been getting into The Division. (Had it for a while, but just now having fun with it) May do a little Neverwinter, Age of Conan MMO's but it depends on what I have going on.

36. surfhick reborn

surfhick reborn [H]Lite

I'm trying to get a game of CIV done before the expansion drops. Then will be playing that.

UnknownSouljer likes this.
  37. TeleFragger

TeleFragger Gawd

weekends - been playing COD multiplayer on pc - Nuketown 24x7 - finally lvl 50 and 3 gold guns.. hah..
    Tuesday nights (9pm-11pm) with friends - Tom Clancy's Division ( Rainbow six siege prior to this)

guy at work just told me about no more room in hell - free steam download... installed but haven't played yet

38. exlink

Got a copy of RE2 this week for cheap so that'll be my endeavor this weekend.

deaedius and Flogger23m like this.
  39. cjcox

cjcox [H]ard|Gawd

Nerds write the server technology backends that service games. "Gamer" or the more general "geek" (that is, tech user) is the more appropriate term.

Just saying...

40. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I like No Man's Sky, Terraria, for a relaxing pace. (Subnautica as well as Revenant mentioned, though I've played it a lot less than NMS.) However, there are other kinds of games that couldn't be described as relaxing that actually put me in kind of a zen state. Dead Cells being one of them. It's technical, and can get very hectic, (and some of the bosses are pretty maddening) however, for some reason the actual game-play loop makes me completely zone out and lose hours. The controls become transparent, and even when dying and picking up again, it's deceptively relaxing. Hard to describe really, because there are other similar styles of games that just don't put me in that state even though they're a similar formula. I guess the closest ones that still do this despite getting nuts at times would be Hyper Light Drifter, and maybe Sundered. Other action platform exploring games tend to hype me up more than zen me out. :D