What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Divinity: OS2
Overwatch / Fortnite
Grim Dawn
Starcraft 2 (comp stomps with an old bud later tonight)

Started Zelda Breath of the Wild. May end up selling it. Very long winded. I think I spent 2 hours running around literally collecting sticks and apples. Looked up how long this game is, and apparently 40-90 hours. Damn, that is a long time to run around aimless collecting sticks / apples with a few puzzles thrown in. Sad state of gaming where every SP game has to be stupidly long and based around extremely tedious and repetitive actions. Just the first area alone would have been enough for a full game, but I suppose they had to stretch it out by forcing you to run 10 minutes between areas. Thankfully unlike PC games you can sell Swtich cartridges.

Easily one of the most uninspired, generic cookie open world cutter games I've played in a long time.
So, I take it you play instant gratification games, like Call of Duty? That's ok if its not your thing. I will give you 15 bucks for it. I have it on Wii U and would like it on Switch.

Nioh, in NG+++, loving the way the progression and the levels work in this game. I kind of wish dark souls used some of the ideas

Snagged Rocket League during the half-off sale. Been playing that lately when I have time to play

Tried playing 'Killer is Dead'.. yeaaaaah, no. I can't tell if the anime bullshit is intended or a prolonged joke. Uninstalling.

Beh, I have no idea, there just aren't any games that are clicking for me now.
I ought to finish Wolfeinstein II but I'm really getting tired of it's repetitive nature, and it's story is becoming beyond ridiculous as I progress.

I also started the Witcher III, but despite the praises it failed to suck me in. I mean it is certainly better than the first two, but it wasn't love at first sight.

And I haven't turned on my ps4 in like 4-5 months now. I started Lost Legacy, back then, but it is just a Tomb Raider Lite, where I'm forced to play with the controller, and that's just a terrible combination for me. I mean a shooter with a controller.

Beh, I have no idea, there just aren't any games that are clicking for me now.
I ought to finish Wolfeinstein II but I'm really getting tired of it's repetitive nature, and it's story is becoming beyond ridiculous as I progress.

I also started the Witcher III, but despite the praises it failed to suck me in. I mean it is certainly better than the first two, but it wasn't love at first sight.

And I haven't turned on my ps4 in like 4-5 months now. I started Lost Legacy, back then, but it is just a Tomb Raider Lite, where I'm forced to play with the controller, and that's just a terrible combination for me. I mean a shooter with a controller.

The New Order was better than the 2nd, but it wasn't that bad. Story is video game average, if not a bit better. Obviously not very realistic but it is Wolfenstien. Repetitive? Not really. At least what is there is fun. Its only 14 or so hours at best, but the gameplay is fun. I was happy to play a game that wasn't a chore & stick fetching simulator for a change. Those games are repetitive.

Once you pick up a stick or press the A or mouse 1 button to collect garbage in one game, you've done it in all as far as I am concerned.

The New Order was better than the 2nd, but it wasn't that bad. Story is video game average, if not a bit better. Obviously not very realistic but it is Wolfenstien. Repetitive? Not really. At least what is there is fun. Its only 14 or so hours at best, but the gameplay is fun. I was happy to play a game that wasn't a chore & stick fetching simulator for a change. Those games are repetitive.

Once you pick up a stick or press the A or mouse 1 button to collect garbage in one game, you've done it in all as far as I am concerned.
Funny you should say that because that is one of the most annoying parts of the game, where you have to fetch this and that between missions on the ship like you're some errand boy. And it is not repetitive? It is the very definition of repetitive. Enter an area. There are two officers, kill them to not get reinforcements, kill a few dozen henchmen, kill 2-3 armoured enemies. Move to next area, rinse and repeat. The first game wasn't a masterpiece, but at least it had some variety in this sense. Different enemies, different environments allowing for different playstyles, even stealth was necessary for some parts. Here, It's all the same. And they jumped the shark so many times, that I'm no longer invested or even interested in the story.

Ys memories of celceta. Came out on steamed a couple days ago. Really liking it so far. Not as polished gameplay wise as Ys 8 but still fun.

Thinking of finally giving Sea of Thieves a shot. I've blown through the rest of my games and have had it installed for months.

Funny you should say that because that is one of the most annoying parts of the game, where you have to fetch this and that between missions on the ship like you're some errand boy. And it is not repetitive? It is the very definition of repetitive. Enter an area. There are two officers, kill them to not get reinforcements, kill a few dozen henchmen, kill 2-3 armoured enemies. Move to next area, rinse and repeat. The first game wasn't a masterpiece, but at least it had some variety in this sense. Different enemies, different environments allowing for different playstyles, even stealth was necessary for some parts. Here, It's all the same. And they jumped the shark so many times, that I'm no longer invested or even interested in the story.

Those parts amounted to maybe an hour at best, and were sprinkled between an hour or so of gameplay / story content. It was mostly there to show players locations in the base or had some story impact making it not entirely pointless. It is a far cry from say, Wildlands, where they artificially gimp the player and required you to spend 30-40 minutes running around story-less and aimless fetch quests just to get what you should have had the moment the first cut scene ended. Multiple times. And the same cut/paste set pieces. Once you enter one of those same bunkers you've seen them all because they're exactly the same. Wolfenstien II is like Half Life or Deus Ex. Every map is crafted to be unique, although obviously there are certain mechanics that are repeated whether it is turret hacking or something to break down with your crowbar. But it didn't require you to spend 15-20 minutes going out of the way of the actual game, to grab something, spend another 15-20 minutes to run back for nothing but a check list / percentage complete. Most games these days:

Want to progress the story? Well you need this. Getting this requires you to find 10 of these sticks first. But not just any stick, these sticks have one leaf on them. To find them, you need to spend 30 minutes running around like a headless chicken. Then spend another 10 minutes running back. Oh right, that whole sequence wasn't needed. It didn't add anything useful to the game. We just wanted to pad game played hours so fools think they got a "good value" for their dollar.

Imma try to get into Witcher 3 ONE LAST TIME.

Gonna try and squeeze in some solid controller time with Yooka-Laylee and Psychonauts.

Besides that, it'll be the usual suspects I post almost every weekend.

(Overwatch, Grim Dawn, Fortnite, Starcraft II)

I gave No Man's Sky a 7th chance only to come away disappointed again. I'm not giving up hope though - I know this game will be alright or even not bad someday. I'll be AFKing in La Noscea until then.

NMS 60FPS@1080 by 2025, guaranteed.

Fallout 4 (once I figure out which mod is lagging the hell out of the area around Greenetech Genetics)

Borderlands 2 with DLC

Forge of Empires

Elvenar (only 2 more Provinces for another city expansion! w00t!)

Those parts amounted to maybe an hour at best, and were sprinkled between an hour or so of gameplay / story content. It was mostly there to show players locations in the base or had some story impact making it not entirely pointless.
In a 7 hour long game 1 hour of fetching arms is more than what I bargained for. Not that I'd complain about 7 hours, I was glad that it was over, it had nothing to offer after the first 2-3 hours. Those sequences could've been strictly cutscenes, there was absolutely no need to make you wander around aimlessly to find a freaking arm, or feed the pig, or whatever else you had to find.
It is a far cry from say, Wildlands, where they artificially gimp the player and required you to spend 30-40 minutes running around story-less and aimless fetch quests just to get what you should have had the moment the first cut scene ended.
Indeed it is a far cry we can agree on that. Because in wildlands you weren't required to do anything. You choose to do it, if you wanted to. The game is perfectly playable and completable, with the equipment you get at the start. On the hardest difficulty even. Especially the first few regions. They're childishly easy without specifically going after any extra equipment. I told this to you already. I never went looking for upgrades or weapons, I always used what I found while doing the main missions.

Multiple times. And the same cut/paste set pieces. Once you enter one of those same bunkers you've seen them all because they're exactly the same.
I still don't know what are you talking about, there were no two bases that were the same in the game, there were some buildings and parts of structures that were the same, but that's it. I feel like you're talking about oblivion, are you talking about oblivion?
I don't even remember having many bunkers in the game. Most bases were topside, all with an unique layout, and unique terrain, making all completely different experiences. But the biggest difference, is that you can choose your approach, you can choose where you attack, and how. I could play for hours taking the same base in wildlands over and over again, and I Guranfuckingtee you, no two attempts would go the same way. Every conflict is unique in it, not just to the situation, but to you the player, depending on what you do, it can turn out many different ways. I don't remember if I ever had so much fun in a game, running away with my tail between my legs to avoid being shot.

Wolfenstein, is not even a fair comparison. It's a corridor shooter, no room for strategy, no room for variety, no choices at all.

Wolfenstien II is like Half Life or Deus Ex. Every map is crafted to be unique, although obviously there are certain mechanics that are repeated whether it is turret hacking or something to break down with your crowbar.
I wouldn't even mention those games on the same page. Wolfenstein II has nothing on HL, and even less on DeusEx. Just because the layout of the maps is different on each level, doesn't make it an interesting or even varied game. Half Life had perfect gameplay and you were in a constant state of awe while playing, you never knew what was in the the next corner, as you were exploring. Each level had a completely different atmosphere, that needed you to adjust your strategies. With logical or physics based puzzles on the way. In Wolfenstein, every level felt exactly the same, and you were doing the exact same thing hours on end, without relief, without a change in pace, and without any variety whatsoever.

I shouldn't have to, and I won't explain the differences between deusex and wolfenstein to you, that makes the first one of the best games ever created, and the other an average boring shooter. If you can't see the differences for yourself, then you're beyond redemption.

But it didn't require you to spend 15-20 minutes going out of the way of the actual game, to grab something, spend another 15-20 minutes to run back for nothing but a check list / percentage complete. Most games these days:
I wonder which game required you to do anything? Oh yes Wolfenstein, it required you to do errand stuff, with no opt out. And it required you to complete all levels the exact same way, because really what could you do differently in a game like this? What little room is there for player choice?

Want to progress the story? Well you need this. Getting this requires you to find 10 of these sticks first. But not just any stick, these sticks have one leaf on them. To find them, you need to spend 30 minutes running around like a headless chicken. Then spend another 10 minutes running back. Oh right, that whole sequence wasn't needed. It didn't add anything useful to the game. We just wanted to pad game played hours so fools think they got a "good value" for their dollar.
That is a perfect description of wolfenstein. Collect enigma codes! Kill obercommandos! For what? It added nothing to the game, as you say just padding. Hell, the best value in the game is freedom chornicles part 2, which allowed you a slightly different approach, and suddenly the game felt reinvigorated. If this choice to play stealthy and with takedowns was there during the entire game, it could've easily made the game much better.

As predicted it was No Man's Sky. With a touch of Street Fighter V. Then we hosted a party last night with about 120 people that went to about 2:30am... Going to be a long day today. Might still squeeze in a touch of NMS though after I work on a project that I need to finish. :D

Vacation in two days

Ghost Recon Wildlands
Pillars of Eternity 2
Spellforce 3
The Surge
Kingdom come Deliverance

PUBG, I just cannot stop

It's not hard to kick the habit. I play a few games a week and maybe 1 out of 6 will be reasonable without hackers or stupid game mechanics they don't bother to fix :(

I started GTA V from the summer sale on Steam and will be doing this for a while. Sadly the grind for cash will be getting old fast but for now there are a lot of fun things to keep doing.

gotta get some Hunt:Showdown matches in this weekend .. all work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy

Dragon Age Origins

Fallout 4 (mainly troubleshooting the issue with major 1 frame per 20 second lag due to mods)

Borderlands 2

Vaporum and Stardew Valley MP mostly....

My daughters are playing Stardew Valley co-op. They seem to love it, except since money is pooled between them, they're constantly bickering about what each other can buy or not. :D It's both funny and annoying.

MGSV, I find the environment really desolate though. I’m looking forward for wildlands to go on sale so I can snag that up and be operator as fuck from the confines of my air conditioned room.

No Man's Sky, Quake Champions, and maybe a spot of Street Fighter V. I'll probably hit Dead Cells for a bit. Still haven't tried version 1.0 yet.

WoW probably. Maybe some siege.
I take this back, Since im broke right now Dauntless is free and its pretty damn fun. All my friends downloaded it and its been fun so far.

edit: Since I cant buy MH:W

Back