What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Had been saving up for some shooters on Steam. Grim Dawn was 50 percent off and I wanted a replacent arpg after finishing D3. Was not disappointed.

Mass Effect 2, Transport Fever, Just picked up Ryse for 4.99 on steam, might try that too.

It was a side-scroller weekend for me. I played through R-Type (TG-16 version) and finally got around to playing Darius Burst (on the PC). I was pleasantly surprised to know that I can still play these types of games well enough. :D Maybe not quite as well as I used to, but good enough for them to be enjoyable.

Darius Burst has an insane amount of content for a scrolling shooter. Tons of modes, tons of missions within those modes, and tons of areas to explore depending on mission. I recommend it if you're into this sort of thing.

Finally beat Doom this weekend. Haven't even started the multiplayer portion of it although I hear it's not all that...and considering that I have about 5 other games in queue, I'll probably skip it.

Finally beat Doom this weekend. Haven't even started the multiplayer portion of it although I hear it's not all that...and considering that I have about 5 other games in queue, I'll probably skip it.

It's not that bad really, especially after many of the fixes and additions that id made after they took control back from the originally outsourced studio that built that portion. However, it's not incredible or amazing either, so if you've got more pressing things in the backlog, then I'd say do that instead. It's not bad though to hop in for a few rounds, then out again here and there. It's nothing I'd invest the kind of time into that I did with Quake / Quake 3 Arena or even UT, but it really isn't bad. If you're bored and want a quick round of something, I'd say give it a whirl sometime.

It's not that bad really, especially after many of the fixes and additions that id made after they took control back from the originally outsourced studio that built that portion. However, it's not incredible or amazing either, so if you've got more pressing things in the backlog, then I'd say do that instead. It's not bad though to hop in for a few rounds, then out again here and there. It's nothing I'd invest the kind of time into that I did with Quake / Quake 3 Arena or even UT, but it really isn't bad. If you're bored and want a quick round of something, I'd say give it a whirl sometime.

Alright, cool. That's reassuring. I'll have to give it a whirl then. I haven't done much multiplayer since the Quake/UT days either so it's probably unlikely that it will fill that void anyway.

After re-discovering Destiny last month I've been hooked. I'll probably just play more of that mixed in with occasional bouts of Rush of Blood VR.

I've been playing through Hyper Light Drifter again this week. I'll probably wrap that up over the weekend, and then I'm not sure what I'll be playing. They rewrote a huge portion of the code for this game, so it runs at 60FPS natively now. Excellent improvement. This game is pretty much perfect now.

Been playing Call Of Chernobyl for a good month. Awesome game!

A bit of Ratchet & Clank, Crash Bandicoot, and later perhaps some Deus Ex, Arcanum, or Doom.

Assassin's Creed III, and No One Lives Forever, if I can figure out why the game isn't loading. Already patched the game and set it to run on widescreen.

I'm one of those weirdos that plays completely opposing genre's. I play a shit ton of Counter-strike, but when I'm not shooting people in the face online I actually play Adventure games. I've never played a full on walking simulator, but for instance this week I beat the new TellTale Walking Dead episodes, TellTale's Batman, The Turing Test and now I'm playing Oxenfree

Walking Dead - Hate the new story. They went really deep in season two with every decision being really hard. This time, naw just feels more run of the mill action. Not really feeling enthralled with it. Also buggy on Windows 7
Batman - Sucked. Instead of writing something unique they just mashed together Batman Begins and Mask of the Phantasm. Felt unusually lazy. Also bugs galore.
Turing Test - Really really great puzzles. Amazing visuals, story sucked. It's fine if youre a puzzle junky, otherwise avoid.

OxenFree - Great story, great acting, great music. Feels as close to a walking simulator as possible. I've yet to feel like I've personally accomplished anything. The game feels like it's playing itself. On the flip side I'm really enjoying watching it play out.

Dragon Age Inquisition

The Witcher 3

Now on Vacation starting today it's the only way

Was looking for a good, cheap JRPG in the Playstation store I haven't played. Settled on Dark Cloud 2. It is not bad, action combat, not turned based. Just started it tonight.

Trading in my Xbox One S for the second time (first due to a faulty fan, second because there was a screw running loose in the console).... This is borderline ridiculous.

That's my game plan.. God grant me a cherry console tomorrow or there's gonna be hell to pay.

As for me, I'll be playing Titanfall 2 campaign and MP and possibly get some time in with the campaign of Shadow Warrior 2 and possibly get some MMO action going with Guild Wars 2...all on Windows PC. That is all. Out!

sitting in a 12,000 player queue for the new Elysium vanilla WoW server.............ZZZzzzzzzzz

Back