What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Planetmule

Have to get back into it!

M.U.L.E.

oh hell yeah!!!

if ANYONE knows of a modern setup where you can play this in the same room with 4 people...omg...I don't think I have ever had so much fun with computers.

I think the setup was an Atari 800 with 4 joysticks...an absolute riot

More elite dangerous. I have decided to make a loop around the galactic core. Let's see how long this takes... Lol

I'll see if I can do more FF13 this weekend.

Also, might pickup Fallout 2 with Restoration Project again, it's been a while since I played it.

I'll be playing "Keep a watchful eye on the Steam sales".

And prolly some Dark Souls and Skyrim.

M.U.L.E.

oh hell yeah!!!

if ANYONE knows of a modern setup where you can play this in the same room with 4 people...omg...I don't think I have ever had so much fun with computers.

:)

Always the game to play!

Since I was never able to get my hands on an 800, we played 2 people on joysticks, and 2 on keyboard. AWESOME times, best gaming as a group I've ever played.

Closest I've seen today is planetmule.com, now upgrading to planetmule2.com and I haven't tried it myself yet, there is apparently also Offworld Trading Company. which is M.U.L.E. based by Stardock.

What ship/loadout are you doing that in?

ASP, largest fsd, big scoop, 64t fuel, highest class power plant to keep heat down. Jump range is like 31ly. I am currently 1/2 the way up our arm going towards the core, will make a tight turn on the outer rim of the core, and back in.

tonight is probably black desert some more or heros. No games have been holding my attention lately... But then again i've been busy with life so meh. Brought my computer to work to give it a good cleaning.

M.U.L.E.

oh hell yeah!!!

I play it with friends on a C64 emulator. Works great! I should probably grab an Atari 800 emulator though, as having all four players using joysticks would be better. On the C64, two players use the keyboard during auctions, then share joysticks during land grants.

Played RAGE a bit this weekend, a touch of Borderlands and Borderlands 2 with my kids. Otherwise it was more of an outdoors weekend.

Sucks when BF4 is the only game I turn on. I really want to get into it, but man nothing peaks my interest that is out at the moment.

I've been marathoning Risk of Rain recently. Pretty fun (if occasionally brutal) retro-ish roguelike.

It's not the weekend yet, but I've been playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and having a blast! I think The New Order was better, (and rightly so) but the action so far in TOB is great! Sucked me right in just like TNO. The thing that makes TNO better is that there are a lot more interesting characters and a tighter story, where so far TOB is pure action. I like both styles of game, but since the writing and characters were so well done in TNO it has the edge. I'll probably replay TNO with the alternate timeline after I finish this, so that will push into the portions of this weekend that I'm not doing the outdoors thing.

Alien:Isolation, picked it up finally from the Steam Summer sale

On the 5th mission where you finally have to run from the big bad alien. What a sneaky scary fucker lol.

Hell I might fire up the dreamcast and play Shenmue.

Everyone says Shenmue is a great game. I have a Dreamcast and the game. I tried to get into it a few months back. I dunno man, all I was doing was walking around asking uninteresting villagers if they had seen a black car. I'm sure things improve, but I didn't stick around to find out. Slow gaming like that doesn't captivate me, and if a game doesn't captivate me, especially early on, I'm a lost cause.

Last edited:
Really gonna try and finish The Order... I can't believe it's taken me 2 months to beat a 6-7 hour game...

I've been busy..

Playing Gunvolt..

Everyone says Shenmue is a great game. I have a Dreamcast and the game. I tried to get into it a few months back. I dunno man, all I was doing was walking around asking uninteresting villagers if they had seen a black car. I'm sure things improve, but I didn't stick around to find out. Slow gaming like that doesn't captivate me, and if a game doesn't captivate me, especially early on, I'm a lost cause.

Getting immersed in Shenmue was easier when it was the first game of its kind ever.

I went back and played it a while back and it was hard to fall back in love with it.

For me, well it is Father's day so in between trying on new black socks and being carted around doing something "fun" maybe some Fallout3.

It was an amazing game for its time. The way it plays now someone that has never played would probably get irritated. Shenmue and Fallout 3 are games I can replay over and over love it every time.

Getting immersed in Shenmue was easier when it was the first game of its kind ever.

I went back and played it a while back and it was hard to fall back in love with it.

For me, well it is Father's day so in between trying on new black socks and being carted around doing something "fun" maybe some Fallout3.

May be different, games like Shenmue, or even older games with that kind of distinct taste/quality are always winners for me, easy to go back and play.

Ohh, the "let's do something fun for father's day/birthday/whatever" scenario, my condolences. I'm not a father, so Sunday I'll be taking my usual scenic drive through some twisties in New England. :cool:

May be different, games like Shenmue, or even older games with that kind of distinct taste/quality are always winners for me, easy to go back and play.

Ohh, the "let's do something fun for father's day/birthday/whatever" scenario, my condolences. I'm not a father, so Sunday I'll be taking my usual scenic drive through some twisties in New England. :cool:

I love driving the kangamangus. Maybe I will do that.

Back