What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Called in for work might pick up Sniper Elite 5 or Dying Light off Steam sale. Led bulbs ruined me this week I'll have 90 incandesants when my the arrive off eBay.

IMG_20230320_100256504.jpg

USA banned regular bulbs this month so tried LED bulbs for a few days even Edison bulbs just wreck me. Make me blink plus I gotta deal with a Manager who sleeps on his breaks. Good day to call into work 80 hours PTO.

The Resident Evil 4 remake will be out on Friday, so that will be my obsession for the next couple weeks. I probably won't mess with much else (on PC) until I play through it at least twice.
Beyond that, I'll probably play some more Switchback on the PSVR2. It's super enjoyable, but I can't really play VR games for long stretches. 30-45 minutes every few days is plenty.

I just played the shit out of the Diablo Beta. Looks like level cap is 25, leveling is relatively fast. Classes are interesting. Only allowing Rogue, Sorcerer and barbarian ATM. Story is interesting, customization is awesome and detail is incredible. It's jammed with content and quests and you get bonused to XP for partying up with people. Though it does scale the difficulty way up. Pretty cool, played it way too long with my cousin this weekend.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door builds upon the first game.
It has more sidequests (The Trouble Center, Pit of 100 Trials, winning back the Championship Belt in the Glitz Pit), more nuanced combat (Superguard, more advanced Action Commands, the crowd, and Stylish Moves), and a better story.

Diablo 4 beta.. but also got into Generation Zero. Pretty fun exploration game and it’s gorgeous maxed out. On sale for 5 bucks rn. Will play some of that too.

COD MW 2 and Sniper Elite 5

I would play Diablo but don't want to spoil it really played for 10 minutes on Saturday.

I just played the shit out of the Diablo Beta. Looks like level cap is 25, leveling is relatively fast. Classes are interesting. Only allowing Rogue, Sorcerer and barbarian ATM. Story is interesting, customization is awesome and detail is incredible. It's jammed with content and quests and you get bonused to XP for partying up with people. Though it does scale the difficulty way up. Pretty cool, played it way too long with my cousin this weekend.
They're letting us play the Druid and Necromancer in the open beta this weekend. Loved the Necromancer in D3, but I want to give Druid a spin.

They're letting us play the Druid and Necromancer in the open beta this weekend. Loved the Necromancer in D3, but I want to give Druid a spin.
I wasn't paying attention to my build as much and it seems its a lot more important on the Barbarian and Rogue than it was on the Sorcerer. I had a Rogue at 25th level that was middling at best because I may have built it wrong. Did great until 20th Level then started getting destroyed by average monsters. When I fired up the Sorcerer... It was easy to deal with mobs from start to finish. Level 2 lets your basic attack hit 2-3 enemies in close range and by level 3 I already had ranged AoE Spells. Once I started layering Ice Storm with my other spells I had already killed my way to 23rd level with little to no difficulty on the higher difficulty setting in the Beta. One of the best spells early on is Hydra, which summons multiple Hydra heads that spit fireballs. I could just summon it and watch it kill everything from a distance... I didn't dabble with all the other summoning spells but my cousin did and he had an even easier time than I did killing everything. It was a pleasure from start to finish when I ran out of time to play. I'm curious about the Druid, and the Necromancer should be interesting as well. If the Necromancer is anything like the Sorcerer, it will be a blast.

Dying Light 2. So far not as shitty as the previous entry (I actually got it mixed up with Dead Island). But still shitty. Dying Light was one of the worst games in history, and this is shaping up to be a step up but still trash.

Last edited:
Playing Rage since I was suckered into buying The Scorchers DLC for a buck during a Bethesda sale (which grants me the privelege of having a complete game now).
Now I get to have free roam after beating it for the upteenth time, and a rad nail-rail gun.

Weekend hasn't started yet but I snagged Warcraft 2 on GOG so I anticipate that I'm going to spend some of my gaming time on that one. My son wants to play on LAN. Should be fun.

Most likely

RE4 Remake
Diablo 4 Beta
Hogfarts
BF2042
MW2
... maybe a bit of other crap I have installed like Life is Strange, FIST, and Ghost Recon worst game...

Beat my Foroza 5 weeklies / series and MW2 series... so I dunno.... maybe screw around in BF2042 or MSFS2020 now? lol

Serious Sam 4, started playing on the 3080Ti, was having fun but crash after crash and it looked kinda like crap, don't know what is up with that. Moved over to the 7900 XTX, no crashes and it looks much better. Maybe move back to FC 6 if I get bored with SS 4.

Timberborn, played for about 10hrs last night to the morning. Nap time... D:

Serious Sam 4, started playing on the 3080Ti, was having fun but crash after crash and it looked kinda like crap, don't know what is up with that. Moved over to the 7900 XTX, no crashes and it looks much better. Maybe move back to FC 6 if I get bored with SS 4.
I last played it in June with 54hrs on it using DX11 and not a single crash. Are you using DX11 or Vulkan?

I last played it in June with 54hrs on it using DX11 and not a single crash. Are you using DX11 or Vulkan?
DX11, Vulkan was a studder fest on the 3080 TI. On the 7900 XT, Vulkan was not a studder fest but was lower frame rates than DX 11, except DX 11 is all over the place. Just not the best game tech wise. As for the crashes they were frequent so probably something else is going on or Nvidia newest drivers are the culprit. Significant CPU difference, 3080 Ti is on a 5800x while the 7900 XTX is on a 5800X3D. I just think the game is past due for some updates if Croteam has any interest there. Probably not enough players to bother.

DX11, Vulkan was a studder fest on the 3080 TI. On the 7900 XT, Vulkan was not a studder fest but was lower frame rates than DX 11, except DX 11 is all over the place. Just not the best game tech wise. As for the crashes they were frequent so probably something else is going on or Nvidia newest drivers are the culprit. Significant CPU difference, 3080 Ti is on a 5800x while the 7900 XTX is on a 5800X3D. I just think the game is past due for some updates if Croteam has any interest there. Probably not enough players to bother.
Yeah the last patch was in May 2022, so it probably is the newest Nvidia drivers, hence why I'm still on 526.86, too many horror stories for me.

plz stop playing a garbage game that follows the greatest travesty in gaming called Diablo Immortal, created by a less than garbage company, that also can break your video card. Also in case you didn't realize it the dungeons are literally all the same. There's also plenty of way better stuff out there.

Just finished Revita and Subnautica subzero (sucks compared to original subnautica in every possible way but still a great game).

plz stop playing a garbage game that follows the greatest travesty in gaming called Diablo Immortal, created by a less than garbage company, that also can break your video card. Also in case you didn't realize it the dungeons are literally all the same. There's also plenty of way better stuff out there.

Just finished Revita and Subnautica subzero (sucks compared to original subnautica in every possible way but still a great game).
Have you played the Diablo IV beta? Immortal was made by NetEase and is just a reskin of a mobile game they made a few years before. D4 is made in-house from the ground up.

The dungeons are not all "literally the same," but they do all have the same issue in which the way the tileset works there can be little diversity between them. My biggest issue is that they feel too long and the standard set of objectives are just busy work that makes them feel even longer. The developers responded by saying they want to improve the dungeon experience, so that criticism was taken to heart. In my opinion they need to either ditch the objectives or make them 66% as big on average.

If the game was killing video cards, the information would be more widespread now that the open beta is over, especially on these forums. In my opinion it is just the usual case of PEBKAC with people using cheap power supplies and/or unstable overclocks.

It's probably just specific models of badly designed GPUs like happened with New World. i.e. just newer and more demanding software exposing a hardware flaw.

Going back to some of my favorites of the past with the OG Splinter Cell and COD Ghost. Started Jedi Fallen Order as well. It struggled on my old 1650 super(pre repasting and dabbling in OC). Happy to report it runs quite well on the rx6600

I'm playing the Amiga version of a game called Rings of Medusa. Its nice playing a game so old there isn't much online about it.

I'm playing the Amiga version of a game called Rings of Medusa. Its nice playing a game so old there isn't much online about it.
only 102K results on Bing but you can play it on several abandonware sites, you can get the rom, manual, watch yt play-throughs etc.

i started yakuza 0, idk if ill be able to stand all the sub titles... seems ok so far though.

only 102K results on Bing but you can play it on several abandonware sites, you can get the rom, manual, watch yt play-throughs etc.

i started yakuza 0, idk if ill be able to stand all the sub titles... seems ok so far though.

Now see if you can find me a list of all the mineral locations :) and not the ROM or screenshots

might be, i cant read it and didnt try translating, there are some weird "maps" in it though...

The maps... they have coordinates for the islands. No more sailing around a large ocean aimlessly looking for Islands. I can actually beat teh game now. Good call on the C64 wiki. If only the C64 version didn't look like complete garbage compared the the Amiga version. I loved my C128 back in the day.

Update: Apparently the coordinates between the C64 version and the Amiga are completely different lol... sigh....

Last edited:
The developers responded by saying they want to improve the dungeon experience, so that criticism was taken to heart. In my opinion they need to either ditch the objectives or make them 66% as big on average.

Yea the developers responded saying they will try to make their game not suck. If they cared at all it wouldn't be garbage to begin with after this long in dev. Don't say I didn't warn you. It's just piece meal staff working on D4 and they only care about a paycheck and for good reason.

Sorry done side tracking blizzard rage. Played tiny rogues yesterday and it's more diabloesque than d4, better, still in alpha, and developed at 1/5000th of the cost.

Last edited:
Currently playing The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me.

For multiplayer, playing a bit of Apex Legends and Battlefield V.

Yea the developers responded saying they will try to make their game not suck. If they cared at all it wouldn't be garbage to begin with after this long in dev. Don't say I didn't warn you. It's just piece meal staff working on D4 and they only care about a paycheck and for good reason.

Sorry done side tracking blizzard rage. Played tiny rogues yesterday and it's more diabloesque than d4, better, still in alpha, and developed at 1/5000th of the cost.
Yes but does it have high quality cutscenes and amazing interactivity like press space to climb?

Beat Rage and got some acheivments I didn't have, so now I went and upgraded Rage 2 to the Deluxe Edition for cheap to do another run through, and bought some of Bethesda's funny money Rage coins 500 = $4.99 for TerrorMania.

I'll be damned if I'm paying 1750 (over $20 since the coins can only be bought in increments of 500) coins for TerrorMania Deluxe though. The Cult of the Death God is only 500 coins which is the only worth while part of that DLC, which is similar to the Sewers DLC in the first Rage, maybe in a year or so I'll indulge myself.

Especially since the wife has been "Raging" at me for spending so much money on games lately .:p

Back