What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by HardUp4HardWare, Jan 16, 2014.

1. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Helped my younger daughters with a couple of temples on Wind Waker, nearly completed Link Between Worlds, and just barely started Outbuddies on the PC. Our Wii-U gamepad was dying way too often (original battery from WAY back). I swapped out the 1500mAh battery with a 4000mAh. Now we barely have to charge it. What's funny is that I never had that compartment open before. There was tons of space for the larger battery, and it was even shaped for it. Technically they could have put the larger battery in there from day one. With all the Zelda playing lately, the old Wii-U is seeing more use than the Switch at the moment. :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. III_Slyflyer_III

III_Slyflyer_III n00b

I actually just started up a new game for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Never got to enjoy it in all of its glory as I had 770's in SLI at the time. Replaying it at 4K with everything maxed and also using VXAO. Games still looks amazing considering its about 5 years old. Even on a 2080Ti, some areas I struggle to maintain 60FPS at 4K with VXAO on. Insane!

3. HardUp4HardWare

HardUp4HardWare [H]ardness Supreme

Been a while since I posted in this thread.
    I hope to play some Outer Worlds this weekend. A bit of Overwatch, but I am kind of losing my desire to play it anymore. It is like Blizzard just "balanced" the game to death and it feels like it in every game I play. There is just no joy in it.

4. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Battlefield V
    the new Pacific map since I haven't tried it yet.

5. AceGoober

AceGoober Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!

Hitting up Skyrim original for a couple of hours to try out a Thieves Guild Overhaul. Works fairly good so far.

6. jiminator

jiminator Capt Obvious

Graveyard keeper. pretty awesome game if you like that type of gameplay

7. UnknownSouljer

UnknownSouljer [H]ardness Supreme

DX:MD. It's radalicious. It's everything I hoped it would be. The plot is a little convoluted, but so was HR. And I sort of feel like when you make a game about global conspiracies and the Illuminati it's just likely that the story is gonna have a bunch of turns.

If you've been watching this thread I finished Tomb Raider (2013). I enjoyed it. Was definitely worth the playthrough. Very solid game of its type. I likely won't play it again or play it again for a long time at least, but I still 100%'ed out all the collection and some of the achievements. So it's not like I rushed through my playtime with it.

8. kamxam

kamxam [H]ard|Gawd

Went back and started F.E.A.R again since I only got a third through it years ago. Going to do the first one then go through the rest of the series. Been playing and designing in Sims 4 lately and finally getting to where I was before in Dungeons 3. (Lost most all my saves awhile back for a lot of my games)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Porter_, VF31Tomcatters and Denpepe like this.
  9. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

The Division 1 - Global Event Ambush, perfect time for Survival and Legendary missions
    Maybe Rainbow Six Siege

Porter_ likes this.
  10. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

COD MW been a blast people are running into my claymores all the time I put them in good spots. I found if I'm in that personal carrier and can fire faster hitting the Top bumpers in tandom. I'm only level 18 but it seems to gone to a crawl when I hit level 17.

11. HardUp4HardWare

HardUp4HardWare [H]ardness Supreme

I remember playing F.E.A.R. when it first came out. I never finished it. Great game.
    I might go back and see if I can get it running again.

12. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I started playing it again not too long ago. Maybe a year or two ago. Steam version. It seems like I had to do something to make it run properly, but once I did whatever that was, it was great. (and still looks pretty decent even though it's like 15 years old or so) It shows its age in some ways, but holds up just fine visually, and play-wise it's still spot-on. A few things made me laugh (some dialog for example) but overall I had fun playing it again. I wish I could remember what I had to do to make it run right. It was something simple. I'm sure it's like a 5 minute Google or Steam forum thing.

Denpepe likes this.
  13. kamxam

kamxam [H]ard|Gawd

Weird....Have it on Steam also and started right up with no problems on Windows 10. Showing it's age, but still looks good in 4k to me. (Still playing the 1rst though lol)

14. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

That's good actually. I can't remember what the problem was. I want to say it would get to the title screen, you'd set up your options, but when you start the game it would freeze or something like that. I think it was something to do with multiple cores or OS related. Maybe they patched it out. I remember it being simple whatever it was. Glad to hear it's unnecessary now. I've actually been thinking about playing the second one. I know that at release time people complained that it got a bit of the console treatment, but by today's standards I don't think that would apply :D I also remember it being pretty fun.

15. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

There used to be an issue with the game and logitech mice and keyboards, needed to copy a dll somewhere, think that it got solved in the meantime.

16. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Interesting. Maybe that was it. It's been a little while, so I'm not sure what I had at the time for input. Good to know it just starts up now.

17. renswic

renswic [H]ardness Supreme

Working on reinstalling games on the new laptop. going to look getting Knights Of The Old Republic up and running as it was glitchy on the Asus ROG

18. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts maybe Modern warfare or Code Vein

19. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

I might pick up Micro Mages on sale until tomorrow. It's a cute looking game written for the NES.

I also tried out the author's previous creation, Super Bat Puncher, and had a blast.

http://morphcat.de/superbatpuncher/

20. Damos

Damos Limp Gawd

As my girl is out of the country for the next 2 weeks, finally going to start Death Stranding.
    Problem is that Shenmue 3 just came out also. Need to finally play that and finish that series off after 20 years. Don't even care if it's amazing or not.

21. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

Borderlands 3 had a free weekend on PS4, so I was giving that a shot last night. I should’ve just gone and played the pre-sequel instead. It would’ve been a better use of my time. BL3 feels like a step back in almost every manner compared to the previous games. Even in co-op it was not really enjoyable.

22. renswic

Funny enough, at my coworkers recommendation I gave the Pre-Sequel a try on the new laptop. Loving it so far. will grab BL3 around tax time with a few other games I want but wallet cant afford

23. defaultluser

The problem I have with the Pre-sequel i the limited air mechanic and the gravity gets old after awhile. And the only character I find remotely interesting is the Captain America k knockoff, and throwing your shield gets boring quick.

I've started and quit the game at the same point three times now.

24. renswic

I've been enjoying it. Also got copy's of Call of Duty WWII(also the last game I played on the PS4) and Jedi Fallen Order so my attention is split

25. defaultluser

I get to about the level 15 point every time, so it's not "bad" to start. The midgame kill s it though.

26. Auer

Auer Gawd

Noodling my way thru SOTTR slowly, not much playtime lately. 1080p and RTX on high.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Screenshot 2019.11.25 - 15.32.24.66.png

27. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

New season for Diablo 3 started and sucked me back in again.

28. Pringle

Pringle 2[H]4U

God damnit, why did you do this to me?

29. MrWrong

MrWrong [H]ard|Gawd

I'm asking myself the same question. I have a pile of unplayed games that I have been meaning to play yet I keep getting sucked back into games that I have already spent 100's of hours on.

30. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Still Wind Waker HD for me. I have two daughters playing separate saves, and both (well one more than the other) ask me to play, so I've been playing it in duplicate. :D Funny thing is, I'm having fun doing it that way for some reason. I think Wind Waker is now solidly my absolute favorite Zelda game. It always sat in my top three, but it's just SO good. There's nothing about it that I don't like. Especially on the HD version. Looks like I'll be playing it twice to the end over the next couple of weeks. :D

31. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

My buddies just got me into Diablo 3 two days ago - so will hit that up some more over the long Thanksgiving weekend when I have free time.

32. jbltecnicspro

jbltecnicspro [H]ardness Supreme

Playing more classic 16-bit games with the kids this weekend. We played Sonic Spinball. Man, I forgot what a pile that game actually is. So boring. It's like they thought that having players do the same thing over and over (and over) was a substitute for good gameplay or something (it isn't). Hoping to cap the weekend off by playing Kirby Superstar with my 4-year-old. We need to finish Milky Way Wishes. :)

33. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

The latest Grim Dawn content update should keep me quite busy this weekend (y)

34. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

Modern Warfare double XP and double weapon XP weekend

35. AceGoober

AceGoober Live! Laug[H]! Overclock!

Star Trek Fleet Command

Buggy mobile game yet still fun to play when it works properly.

36. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

37. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

Life is Strange 2 Episode 5
    Ghost Recon Break Point

38. kamxam

kamxam [H]ard|Gawd

AC:Odyssey and RDR 2 then continuing my FEAR 2 game.

Porter_ likes this.
  39. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

i like everything about this post :D

AceGoober likes this.
  40. zamardii12

zamardii12 2[H]4U

I bought Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen on a recent Steam sale so I think i'll give that a go.