What are you missing these days because of WoW?

Tofu Drift

Limp Gawd
I just thought it might be fun for us to recount what we're missing these days as a direct result of WoW, whether it's sleep, food, shower, friends, TV, studying for exams, work, significant others, family, fresh air and the feeling of the sun's warmth on your face or otherwise.

I'm missing food, sleep, studying, TV and movies for WoW. All the (now) unnecessary chaff, without too much of a direct effect on my social life.

Edit: If you play any MMORPG, you're more than welcome to share with us how you're wasting your life away!

Well... I play EQ2, but I know this relates just the same... But I am mostly missing my favorite TV shows. Thursday night is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I coulda just put my game down for an hour to watch it, but no... i was deep in the pit of RunnyEye Citadel slaying Goblins and Pitmasters lol.

I keep plenty of time on the side for my RL.

All i'm missing is the mind numbing wasteland that is reality TV.

Thursday night is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

And don't even get me started on these wastes of airwaves.

Saloma Teale said:
Well... I play EQ2, but I know this relates just the same... But I am mostly missing my favorite TV shows. Thursday night is CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I coulda just put my game down for an hour to watch it, but no... i was deep in the pit of RunnyEye Citadel slaying Goblins and Pitmasters lol.

I keep plenty of time on the side for my RL.

EQ2? Get outta here...
j/k :D

All MMORPGers welcome to share!

A little bit of sleep. My biggest problem is finding time to play during the week, because of work and trying to keep my normal lifestyle from suffering to much. I only get to play alot during the weekends. Thank God today is Friday. :D

Tofu Drift said:
I'm missing food, sleep, studying, TV and movies for WoW. All the (now) unnecessary chaff, without too much of a direct effect on my social life.

same thing here, except for TV, (gotta love TIVO) and studying -done with that

Zoramac said:
same thing here, except for TV, (gotta love TIVO) and studying -done with that

I'm done studying for a while. We're finally off for Reading Week (I guess the American university equivalent is Spring Break? Ain't goin away, so besides reading, there shall be a bit of WoWage), but now I'm at work and my lappy is too crappy to run the game.

Nothing lately.

Im getting random crashes every 15 - 20 minutes ... so I have not been playing WoW at all much, because it is so frustrating, have also been thinking about cancelling my account.

Bane said:
All i'm missing is the mind numbing wasteland that is reality TV.

And don't even get me started on these wastes of airwaves.

Oh come on now ^_^ CSI is actually interesting compared to all the rest of the crap that is on tv (aside from Malcom in the Middle, the Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc). Hell... at least i'm not watch The Fifth Wheel lol. I only get basic cable in my computer room atm, so I'm limited to my choices.

I'm missing my wife (ok, she's missing me more), sunlight, non-online friends, sleep, good eating habits, exercise, time to read. I think with more WoW time and less sleep I'm also less effective at work, not that I care too much about that.

Not missing anything but sleep. I usually only play after my wife goes to bed (9pm-???) and all evening one night that she isn't home.

For now the sleep has not been too much of a problem but I can see the little cracks forming. I just flat played poorly last night b/c I was tired. I'd space off fighting and get someone killed. I usually try to quit by 2am but I've been playing with someone from overseas lately and it's evening there. For some reason that makes it easier to keep playing. Stayed up until 3am most nights, and 4am once this week.

B

Its ok the real world aint that great anyways traffic/pollution/work/school :D

EQ2 here, and miss:

The weekends. I swear, the time from Friday night to Monday morning has become a fast-forward time warp.

South Park. Just can't remember to quit EQ2 at 9:00 on Wednesday nights.

Drinking beer / shooting pool. Miss the socializing, but have saved a lot of $ the last couple of months. :)

Battlefield Vietnam. That game was sooo fun (previous addiction), but haven't touched it since EQ2 was released.

Yup, reading break is upon us. Time to waste a week in the wonderful land of WarCraft. It is sad: Since I started back to university I have only been averaging 1 level per week, compared to 1 level per day before that point. Haha. Love it.

Badger_sly said:
EQ2 here, and miss:

The weekends. I swear, the time from Friday night to Monday morning has become a fast-forward time warp.

This hasn't happened to me yet, but I suppose that's because I haven't had WoW for a weekend (I got it a few days ago), but I do notice the hours go by like a fast-foward time warp. I start playing, and after what seems to be only a little while, I look over to check the time and it's already been 2-3 hours.

Real life??! What the fuck is that!?? I must live by the game, if I leave the house the sun will melt me!!

lol! No not really I dont have much social interaction anyways so playing MMORPG's with my r/l GF is just fine ^_^

Cable TV is to high in cost, I found internet cheaper...

I just got cable tv =X I dunno why I thought Id watch it but I dont... I just leave married with children and family guy on mute and play... My Cable bill went from 29.99 to 79.99 High speed road runner + Digital Cable
:(
LadyMakoFox said:
Real life??! What the fuck is that!?? I must live by the game, if I leave the house the sun will melt me!!

lol! No not really I dont have much social interaction anyways so playing MMORPG's with my r/l GF is just fine ^_^

Cable TV is to high in cost, I found internet cheaper...

I agree with the weekend fast forward. I blink and its Monday morning again. Other than that I still make it to work and to the gym every day during the week. I watch movies and TV while I play so thats no problem. And I end up saving money by not partying all the time. Cant go wrong with that :)

Don't miss anything on TV since I download my cartoons shows and can also watch TV and Play EQ2 since my TV is next to my PC.

I have been neglecting my consoles though... still haven't completed RE4, MGS3 and Mercs.

I was playing WoW last night and when I finally got off I realized it was 2 am and my AP Physics test was in less than 6 hours. :eek:

The batteries for my clock died at 10:21. :(

Sleep for sure. Used to beable to sleep off the excessive drinking but now I'm up early on Sat and Sun to play and its throwing my whole week off. Its the lord's fault if anyones though, he shouldn't of made newcastle and Jameson such a delicous combination.

I play EQ1 but its still awesome to me....plus been playing EQ for about 5 years now. If EQ2 would let me migrate my characters over. I would of given it a try.

ThreeDee said:
....I miss you playing with yourself as well ... :(

dude i was being serious. My virtual friends in WoW has supplanted my "private" life with myself. I'm so sad, cause now i will never get a real girlfriend. god **** WoW. I have always been afraid of talking to chicks, but now i'll never learn, because all i know is bargining in a game. OMG i'm so teen angst about my sex life.

....put the mouse down and just walk away ...just ..walk ...away ..!

Other games. Only watch CNN in the morning when I get up for work. It sucks because I really don't want to do stuff other than WoW, so on dates I'm usually pretty bored and irritable because I could be lvl 40 by now but nooooo. Sad really, but fuck, its more fun than RL esp when i'm trying to save money.

I picked up WOW today along with a 60day game card. Rough times are ahead my friends.....rough times :p Now only if this update would go a LITTLE FASTER!!!
It's like a endless cycle:
1st: FFXI for about 6 months
2nd: EQ2 for about 4 months
3rd: Now WOW for 3 months
will it ever stop!? *mommy* :(

Back