What are you guys playing now?

ThePerformer

Limp Gawd
Well, I'm bored. I'm a general in BF2142, massacred enemies in Supreme Commander, beaten STALKER in the highest level, and beated HL:EP1 like 3 times.

So what should I play now? What's out that's fun and new? I tried the C&C 3 demo and it really didn't appeal to me :(

What are you guys playing now?

I work out everyday and play airsoft on the weekends. I'm just bored at night even with my gf around.

I am playing Kotor 2. I have just gotten around to playing it for the first time.

I find that times like these are when it is best to go back and play old games that I never quite finished. I recently finished a campaign of Medieval 2 on my third try. It's amazing how actually striving for objectives gives the game focus. Not quite related, but sort of: I've also started playing some community modules from nwvault for Neverwinter Nights 2. Now there's a game series with longevity.

As far as multiplayer goes, this weekend some friends and I are going to LAN some Prey deathmatch and Rainbow Six: Vegas co-op. Maybe even some Theatre of War if I'm lucky and can talk them into it.

I'm still playing BF2 but if you're sick of 2142 then you know what BF2 is all about. ;)

Try either Flatout or Flatout 2. Grab the demo of either and give it a run. They're in the arcade racing genre so it's incredibly easy to pick up but a challenge to master. The damage model and graphics are really cool. :cool:

I work out everyday and play airsoft on the weekends. I'm just bored at night even with my gf around.

Right, if you are bored outa yours ass with a GF, then you either do not have one, or she is fat and unsexy... Either way, get on WOW or LOTRO, that will consume your time.

Mainly Super Paper Mario. :p

I am actually going through HL2 again on the side.

I've been playing Escape Velocity: Nova (old school game) and Colin McRae Rally 05.

Try something completely different. I just got the new pokemon and it's pretty fun and takes up a good amount of time. I'm used to playing FPS and RTS on the computer, so this is a pretty big change, and it's turned out to be awesome.

I'm playing Quake 4. I got it a while back and never had the time to install and play it. I'm liking it. I can see why a lot of people don't like it, as it is nothing like Quake 1,2 or 3 in any way, shape or form. But I think it is a good game on its own merit.

After that, I intend to finish the Rainbow Six Vegas story mode.

I've been playing Escape Velocity: Nova (old school game)

Been thinking of playing that game. Actually I was thinking about firing up my old Mac 8100 and playing the original. I swear that Freelancer stole from EV.

Playing through games that I haven't beat all the way.

Unreal 2: the Awakening

God of War and God of War 2

Just beat Call of Duty, time to load up CoD2

Friend got me Quake 4 for my B-day.. I haven't installed it yet... so probably that too.

About to beat Doom 3 for the first time. :D

Been playing Jade Empire mostly, though sadly it's starting to wear thin on me. I also started up HL2 on the side again. Yesterday i got Fallout 1 and 2 in the mail and that sucked away 4 hours of my time last night without me realizing it.

I've been in an old school gaming mode for awhile.

Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Deus Ex

I've installed STALKER but haven't gotten into it, yet. I'm kinda cooling my jets until the big boys such as Hellgate, Crysis and BioShock are released in the fall.

Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

Pretty fun multiplayer FPS. Realistic WWII game. $20 on Steam. :)

Yes, I know that it was a UT2004 mod, I think the retail version is better. :cool:

I just started up prey, I'm really impressed so far with everything. Its really an original game.

I just started up prey, I'm really impressed so far with everything. Its really an original game.

The beginning is very good, but IMHO it gets pretty boring after the first couple hours in. Enjoyable overall, but nothing special.

cs 1.6 no matter how much i try to play other games i always come back to cs 1.6.

I just picked up sniper elite on the cheap. It caught my eye for some reason, and I got a copy of Republic Commando from a buddy so I'm going to give that a go.

C&C 3 ... Same ol same old went back to Midevil 2 and even some relapes of the mighty S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :eek:

PC:
Stalker
Supreme Commander
Oblivion

Gamecube:
Tales of Symphonia
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

I just picked up sniper elite on the cheap. It caught my eye for some reason, and I got a copy of Republic Commando from a buddy so I'm going to give that a go.
Republic Commando is an excellent game. It really is too bad the SDK was never released for it, the game had so much potential for longevity. Multiplayer co-op would have done much for this game. As it is now, it's a great run through once, but that's about it.

PC:
2nd go through on STALKER (this time with mods)
FEAR
Eventually I'll install Shivering Isles

PSP:
FFVII
Vagrant Story
LOK: Soul Reaver
Ace Combat 3
GTA2
Colony Wars Vengeance
Asteroids

SNES and NES roms

I rotate through these on my PSP when I have no work to do at work.

Well The games I currently play on the pc which I play steadily are:
Counterstrike : source (every time I go back to 1.6 i am disgusted at how bad it plays compared to source).
F.E.A.R (4th time thru on extreme mode)
F.E.A.R XP (2nd time around, now in extreme mode)
Stalker (stuck because of some error which hasn't been patched which prevents me from progressing)
And sometimes F.E.A.R MP, exept it seems to go more downhill everytime I play it for some reason, used to kick serious ass.

Republic Commando is an excellent game. It really is too bad the SDK was never released for it, the game had so much potential for longevity. Multiplayer co-op would have done much for this game. As it is now, it's a great run through once, but that's about it.
Good deal. He said pretty much the same thing. It's a fun, fairly standard fps that's somewhat short, but long on fun. It's been on my "to do" list for a while, but I just never got around to actually playing it. With the relative game shortage now, I have a change to rectify that. :)

Good deal. He said pretty much the same thing. It's a fun, fairly standard fps that's somewhat short, but long on fun. It's been on my "to do" list for a while, but I just never got around to actually playing it. With the relative game shortage now, I have a change to rectify that. :)

Republic Commando was an awesome single player game, short but VERY well done, very involving. I think one of the best Star Wars games. Good times...

Back