What are you guys expecting from Dead Rising 2

Presto88

Limp Gawd
Title pretty much says it all, for me I want weapons (Katanas) that dont break after taking down 20 or so Zombies and a better save system oh and better AI. What about you guys?

Lot's of zombie killin'!

Fix the save system...

Better AI? They're zombies...so, they need to be...zombies.

Co-op

Multiple save slots

Make the skill system user controlable (ie. Let me choose whether I want to run faster or carry more stuff, rather than it be chosen for me)

Maybe some kind of weapon specilization option (so if I want to be a shooter I can make ammo out of things I find, and aim better, etc. If I want to be a hand to hand guy make things not break so easily or give me the ability to fix my broken things with items I find)

Better save system, more sandboxy style gaming, coop, less asinine gameplay mechanics. And a goddamn free play system of pure zombie killing mayhem.

More / Better Guns, this would require a bit of work on the shooting system as well.

The game to take place in an entire town and not just the mall. Granted it was a damn huge mall.

Some diversification in the Zombies. You can have the typical Zombie Peons, but then other more intriguing zombies with better AI and faster movement.

Fix the save system

A true sandbox mode, not the timed thing they had in the first one.

More / Better Vehicles

Teammates, with good AI.

Coop would be really cool too

I like the fact that there aren't so many guns. If there were too many guns, it would make a lot of the sweet interaction with the environment, using everything as weapons, etc.

I want better gun controls, and I second the removal of the unrealistic "weapons breaking" game mechanic. I mean, the Auger never runs out of gas but the swords break like toys?

I totally need to go back and finish this game out.

Oh, I also second the whole "free play" idea, why they never patched that in is a mystery to me.

The only thing I can really think of is to fix the save system.

Other than that, I had no real problem with the game.

I'm expecting them to fuck it up again as I really didn't like the first one when it could have been insane.

Things I would like to make it a lot better.

More weapons and have the blades last longer.

Less stupid random boss characters. The guys in the hummer pissed me off like crazy as they kept comming back. The bombs and shit made me mad too. I guess I would rather have a game focus on the zombies more.

Better human ai. Give a character a weapon and get hit by it or they woudl hang back and try to fight off everyone.

Real unlimited mode. All I wanted to do was run around and kill zombies. The time limit thing killed that dream of mine.

Readable text on sd tvs.

More save spots.

Co-op would be sweet.

Pretty much I want to run around and kill shit like crazy and save people. Maybe have to pick up parts and shit to make an excape car to get out of the area or have to battle my way out of the town somehow

Make it a small town.

I wonder what would be better for the gameplay, just adding more save points, or a GTA-style save anywhere system?

I think if the second Dead Rising takes place in a town then they should make your "base" more useful than just a dropoff point. Maybe something like Dead Reckoning where you can reequip with any equipment you want before heading out on a mission? Or maybe a police station where you can pickup prisoners as AI teammates.

I wonder what would be better for the gameplay, just adding more save points, or a GTA-style save anywhere system?

I think if the second Dead Rising takes place in a town then they should make your "base" more useful than just a dropoff point. Maybe something like Dead Reckoning where you can reequip with any equipment you want before heading out on a mission? Or maybe a police station where you can pickup prisoners as AI teammates.

See I'm thinking it would be cool to have to pickup shit like that. You brave your way to a gun/knife shop and get tools to clean and repair your weapons and take them back to base.

See I'm thinking it would be cool to have to pickup shit like that. You brave your way to a gun/knife shop and get tools to clean and repair your weapons and take them back to base.

I like that idea. Personally, I'd like co-op mode as well, as battling a town full of zombies with your buds would just kick ass. :cool:

-Better controls for aiming
-Dodging
-Less getting stun locked
-More responsive jumping
-Smarter civilians
-Soldiers that think to look up
-Clothes that have some effect on your stats
-Better saving system
-Being able to act while receiving a call
-A more ways to get from one side of the world to the next
-NO LOAD TIMES

I think all in all, the load times were what pissed me off the most. I'd save in the control rooms, cross 3 sections (3 load times) usually get stuck watching several cut scenes (2 load times for each cut scene) and then get killed by a psycho without having the TIME to step off the beaten path and save.

Quicksaving would also fix this problem.

Better survivor AI.
Move and shoot at the same time.
Expanded environment (the town idea is good!).
A _real_ unlimited mode.

I don't really want some of these things improved, some are designed that way for gameplay balancing. For example, non-breaking weapons like the triple-buffed small chainsaws means that there's really only 1-3 weapons in the game rather than whatever you can get your hands on since there's no impetus to grab something else.

Big hell no to clothing stats. God I hate that in games. I'm up for stat-buffing item collection, but not if it decides my visual appearance for me. Keeping'em seperate would be the way to go.

Choosing stat/skills at levelup would be great. Expanding on this further as mentioned before would be better.

I liked the save system, but I'd agree that they should change it. My opinion is too far into the minority and there was not enough benefit to warrant keeping it. I do want the sense of urgency to stay in the game in some form though, perhaps a different gameplay mechanic than save system constriction.

Bring Otis back and have him give us a transponder. Then let us shove it down his throat and kill him. Then have someone less annoying work the transponder who will understand that sometimes we're too goddamn busy to talk right now and will just call them back when we're ready.

Agreed on zombie diversification, as long as they keep the cannonfodder masses of zombies as the primary foe of the game rather than phasing them out.

-Clothes that have some effect on your stats
-Better saving system
-Being able to act while receiving a call

Yea the clothes thing would be good as long as it is reasonable.

Being able to act with the phone would be nice too.

Back