What are the oldest games you still play often?

Of all the several good old games that I keep replaying several times, Unreal Tournament 2004 is by far the most often one, and till today I'm still playing it every now and then. There's so many user created content out there, mods, maps, mutators, I never seems to run out of stuff to play.

I was on a kick of replaying all the zelda games awhile back, but mostly just starcraft... I jsut keep on coming back!

Chrono Trigger
Original Tetris
GTA
Diablo
Starcraft
Warcraft II
Wolfenstien 3D
Zelda OCT
Pokemon Blue
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics

are all games I revisited in 2008

In 2009 so far I have been replaying through all the Halo, Half-Life Series. Played Bioshock for the first time. Seems like an FPS year for for me. I am going to be catching up on a lot of the games I never bought cause I was addicted and only played WoW and CS:S for the last 4 years.

Check out http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/ they have some of the old classics.

Good one, I love this game, superior to part 2. I loved the cyberspace idea I missed that in the 2nd game

i love SS2 just as much, its just a tad different is all. has some better aspects and some not as good.

Donkey Kong Country
Castlevania IV
Terminator 2 the arcade game
Mortal Kombat
Killer Instinct
GEX
Giants Citizen Kabuto
F-Zero
Diablo II

just a few.

Master of Orion 1 and 2 (1 is a true classic, in simple gameplay but more depth then you think)
Master of Magic

Heroes of Might and Magic
Sometimes play the older Final Fantasy's on my GBA/DS

Once in a while I will play sim tower and Leisure suit Larry.

Rarely I play Lords of the Realm 2. Diablo 2 is still one I love to play.

I still play Doom occasionally. For me, it's always the go-to game for stress relief. Life is so much simpler when you're just mindlessly plugging Imps and Cacodemons...

I've been hammering on Wolf3D on my iPhone quite a bit lately as well, if that qualifies as an "old game".

Super Solvers: Midnight Rescue! - Not too often, but I can't not play this game every now and then.
Abuse
PoP 1 & 2 (The old ones, not sands of time and stuff.)

a couple of others.

Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Dragon Warrior (NES!)
Final Fantasy (NES!)
Final Fantasy 3/6j (Snes) (Probably my most played game!)
Warcraft 2
Diablo 2
PonG!

I love old games... :)

I'd play even more old games, if mini tablet PC's would advance a bit more, to be able to play late dos era games with a lot of battery life.

Super Dodge Ball (1989 - NES)

Gotta fire it up once in a while in an emulator to make sure I can still play it through start to finish in about 30 minutes.

Feel like crying everytime I think of ocarina of time, damn why was that game so good!? Gonna load up project64 again this weekend, so happy its possible to play such a golden game 10 years later, cause I lost my N64. Dont know what I'd do if I couldn't open up OOT again...

HOMM 3
Imperialism 2
Emperor city builder

its nice not having to re-read the manuals either after all these years...great games are never overly complex yet have complexity...think chess....easy to learn..hard to master.

Probably the Hitman Series, not the first, beginning with the second one.

PC:
Deus Ex (still amazing after what, 8-9 years?)
Thief (struggling to get it working in Vista...)

Consoles:
Mega Man X series (SNES, never played the PSX ones)
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island (probably my favorite platformer ever)
Super Mario RPG
I need to go back and replay FFVII as well, haven't done that lately.

Also, I'll fire up the NES emulator every now and then, but that doesn't last for more than 20 minutes or so before I realize how freaking hard those games were.

[H]adouken;1033983966 said:
Feel like crying everytime I think of ocarina of time, damn why was that game so good!? Gonna load up project64 again this weekend, so happy its possible to play such a golden game 10 years later, cause I lost my N64. Dont know what I'd do if I couldn't open up OOT again...

Make sure you get one of the retextures. It's actually pretty impressive what they can make an N64 game look like.

I wouldn't call it "often" but every few years or so I play Doom & Doom 2. Ahh the sweet sweet memories...

Medal of Honor Allied Assault. Still play it often, at least a few times a month. Rest of the older games just stay in the CD case:)

Back