What are the most fun Room-Scale games?

H-street

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got a used Vive for 600$ and looking to try some room-scale games.. but hoping to save my self some $$$ by not buying the ones that are crappy :)

We've tried some of the free stuff like Trials of Tatooine (Loved it) and Portal VR (Want More!)

A couple I am looking at

Job Simulator - Hear great reviews on this one, still not sure

Maximum VR - The videos on this look great (destructible cities)

Vanishing Realms - Looked at the videos but worry that the game may be too short?

Anything else recommended? keep in mind I'm not really interested in the games that just put a sword in your hand and let you swing it.. looking for something with some content and playability.

My past experience with my DK2 for most enjoyable VR games was EuroTruck, Alien Isolation, and BioShock 2

I'm hoping to try out the Vireo Perception 4a3 tonight and Fallout 4

For me the most fun I had is Vanishing Realms. It is kind of short though IIRC it took me 3 hours to finish. As far as what you do, it's basically an ARPG. You find loot and health restoring items and of course swing your sword and shoot things with arrows and magic. If you like Fantasy RPG games this is the best one out there. Even though it's short I still highly recommend it, especially for anyone that loves fantasy RPG games like Dark Souls.

Unfortunately if you are really looking for a long game then you'll be disappointed cause there really isn't much out there that is like say Dark Souls or Mass Effect that can take hundreds of hours. You kind of need to settle on the fact that it's still really early in terms of VR games. Lots of games out there are really developers making small games to figure out how to deal with the new controls and freedom offered by VR.

Vanishing Realms seems to be barely room-scale because it keeps telling you to move back to the center if you walk around too much. :p

I would say The Gallery is a pretty good one. Job Simulator is also good, it expands or contracts to your room size which is pretty cool.

Vanishing Realms seems to be barely room-scale because it keeps telling you to move back to the center if you walk around too much. :p
True, but IIRC the dev did that on purpose because he didn't want people to run into enemies while crossing the edges of the play area and hitting stuff like walls (or TVs in my case ;)) You can disable that auto pause though.

For me the most fun I had is Vanishing Realms. It is kind of short though IIRC it took me 3 hours to finish. As far as what you do, it's basically an ARPG. You find loot and health restoring items and of course swing your sword and shoot things with arrows and magic. If you like Fantasy RPG games this is the best one out there. Even though it's short I still highly recommend it, especially for anyone that loves fantasy RPG games like Dark Souls.

Unfortunately if you are really looking for a long game then you'll be disappointed cause there really isn't much out there that is like say Dark Souls or Mass Effect that can take hundreds of hours. You kind of need to settle on the fact that it's still really early in terms of VR games. Lots of games out there are really developers making small games to figure out how to deal with the new controls and freedom offered by VR.

Yeah, I'd say Vanishing Realms is pretty legit, and a great example of what can be done with VR games. Watching my lady freak the hell out at the first ork that came at her was amazing. The controls and interface for that game are excellent, as well. For single player RPG-like games, the teleporting movement combined with room scale is excellent.

VR will be great for adventure games in general, and might just make the genre explode again like the '90s. Heck, my two favorite genres are space-sim/shooters and adventure games, and VR is perfect for both!

Try Budget cuts demo. Full release is not out yet, but the demo makes this a day 1 purchase for me when it comes out.
Vanishing realms is really good in roomscale.
If you want something cute and puzzle, try Water bears VR. A bit childish, but nice if you want to try something that doesn´t involve killing anything.

Try Budget cuts demo. Full release is not out yet, but the demo makes this a day 1 purchase for me when it comes out.
Vanishing realms is really good in roomscale.
If you want something cute and puzzle, try Water bears VR. A bit childish, but nice if you want to try something that doesn´t involve killing anything.
Great find on the Budget Cuts demo. I loved it also. Felt great playing it. A day one purchase for me also. Grab it if you haven't tried it yet. It feels feature complete as far as the controls go and it's like a full first level minus some of the polish like the stand in solid blocks in the desk drawers that have no textures.

Back