What are the little colored circles at the bottom of the post for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Tripod]MajorPayne

Supreme [H]ardness
At the bottom of everyone's user name/location/join date section in every post, there is a little circle, sometimes colored red, yellow, and maybe green (D#$% colorblindness!). Are those an indication of the posters' "warning level", or what?

Thanks! :)

I don't think they are ever yellow. :D

green = online
red = offline

Some admins/mods/supermods are permanently invisible, so be warned.

Not to threadjack, but can an admin tell me why Registered Users are not allowed to be invisible?

No Problem M11, I've had my question answered.

Thanks to the guy who clarified the colors. Like I said, I'm colorblind. I have a slight red-green-yellow colorblindess, so sometimes greens look yellow and vice versa, and in extreme cases, reds can look completely green or brown. This happens a lot with the "TV Guide" channels on cable TV. Their red for "special programs" like movies looks green to me.

lorcani said:
I don't think they are ever yellow. :D

green = online
red = offline
Before the recent upgrade it was gold for online, silver for offline.

M11 said:
Not to threadjack, but can an admin tell me why Registered Users are not allowed to be invisible?
Um, because that's how Kyle set it up?

[Tripod]MajorPayne said:
Thanks to the guy who clarified the colors. Like I said, I'm colorblind. I have a slight red-green-yellow colorblindess, so sometimes greens look yellow and vice versa, and in extreme cases, reds can look completely green or brown. This happens a lot with the "TV Guide" channels on cable TV. Their red for "special programs" like movies looks green to me.
I see. So I guess color coding isn't much help to you, eh? :p

user_online.gif
user_offline.gif

That may help ya. :)

Lethal said:
Before the recent upgrade it was gold for online, silver for offline.
I didn't realize, since gold can look like yellow occasionally.

lorcani said:
I see. So I guess color coding isn't much help to you, eh? :p
More helpful is that a mouseover will show the image title to me "lomn75 is online now" or the like.

lomn75 said:
More helpful is that a mouseover will show the image title to me "lomn75 is online now" or the like.
My understanding is that, if you are colorblind, you can train yourself to see that a certain color corresponds to a certain meaning. That's what I was trying to do.

Besides, who wants to mouse-over that for every post? ;)

ya true who would do that unless there looking for somone special to be online like to contact them.

also whats the use of the bad post thing by the online off line thing?

DRJ1014 said:
also whats the use of the bad post thing by the online off line thing?
It is to report a bad post to a moderator.

does anyone use it?

i remeber there was a horrible post one time im talking racist stuff and i clicked it and it didnt get closed til a week later.

DRJ1014 said:
does anyone use it?
All the time. At peak times, it's useful. A few hours ago, there was a post that belongs in General Hardware in this forum. I reported the post to a moderator, and it was moved in 5 minutes.

Speaking of which, this thread is probably done with. Moderator in the house? :D

ya it is done with.

damn i need to subscribe to general mayhem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back