What are the best apps everyone is using for their Android phone?

dalearyous

[H]ard|Gawd
i am curious and would love to see what people are using to manage their android phones. i recently read up on getting root access to the phone to allow certain powerful apps to run. i remember reading an article about an app where you could literally create your own 'scripts' with awesome conditions like: if the phone screen is off and is upside down, kill all background apps (meaning phone is in your pocket). however i cannot for the life of me find the article or remember what app it was.

anyway, list your apps and recommendations!

Titanium Backup and Root Explorer are very useful apps when rooted.

AppBrain, Google Maps, Opera Mobile, Swiftkey X or Swype (depending on mood), Dropbox, Heytell, Google Music, Google Voice, Beautiful Widgets, GO SMS, Barcode Scanner, Gas Buddy, Movie Night Out, those are my most used applications I think. Then there's ZDefense and Hexdefense, Cut the Rope, The Impossible Game, Wiz Kid Jr., Asteroid Tower Defense, Angry Birds, and various other games.

Be sure to check out Amazon's free app of the day as well.

Dolphin HD, ES File Explorer, ATK, AudioGalaxy

ATK....why can't that worthless piece of shit just go the fuck away?

There are far too many great apps out there to name them all.

However, my favorite apps at the moment are WidgetLocker and Minimalistic Text. Juice Plotter is pretty slick too although I probably won't be using it in the future as I've moved to a minimalistic approach to my phone's homescreen and lockscreen.

The amazon deal today is a keyboard everybody seems to love. Im. Not wild about it yet.

Google Maps + Navigate, VIBER, InTune Radio, WinAmp, AutoCAD.

There are a lot more, but I use these daily. (Yay Viber!)

thats the article!

one thing that drives me insane is when i am listening to music after about a minute the music app gets killed and my music stops. however, this does not happen if the screen stays on

google maps, trillian, di.fm (for trance listeners), smart keyboard pro, amazon app (get free app of the day!) and xda. <- These are my must have.

I rarely game on my phone,but when I do, it's usually Zenonia 1-3.

Great info here. Thanks for making this thread! I just got my first Android smart phone about 4 days ago. HTC Evo 3D with Sprint. I'm loving it! I'm going to check out some of the apps mentioned here. Thanks again. :)

I don't know if anyone has tried an app called Edwin. It is the most amazing app it is a voice app that can answer questions you ask it. Also if you say map restaurants it will open Google maps and show all restaurants in the area. You can also say SMS then speak your message and it will open SMS and fill in the text. Best app ever

Overlook Fing, Dog Whistler, Speed test , Connect Bot, Droid Light, NoLED, VLSM Calculator,

Back