What are the AUX & Extra plugs for?

synbios

Weaksauce
I was wondering what the AUX and Extra cables are for on my Enermax PSU? I can't seem to find my manual.

(My PSU is an Enermax EG465AX-VE)

They look like molex plugs. I'll have to check and try take a pic when I get home from work.

Or six in a row, maybe? That'd be an AUX power connector used by Xeons and older dual-processor boards. This page makes it look like the "EXTRA" is for 9700-era video cards which use an extra Molex. They should be just the same as regular Molex connectors.

Sorry for the late reply.
I've taken a quick snap of the connectors.

The Extra plu has four wires (two black in the centre and one red and one yellow at either end of the plug)

Then the connectors do what I mentioned above. The EXTRA plug can be treated as a normal molex, and the AUX left unplugged unless your motherboard requires it.

Then the connectors do what I mentioned above. The EXTRA plug can be treated as a normal molex, and the AUX left unplugged unless your motherboard requires it.

Thanks, I could do with another Molex connector.

Just another question.
Does it matter which molex I connect the PCIe extension to? (i.e. all molexs provide the same power, etc)

That seems to be a single-rail power supply. It doesn't matter, then, where you connect the PCIe converter.

Back