What are some of the good transparent anti-virus S/W for windows 10?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't want Anti virus like Norton that slow down windows. I want something transparent

So far, I dig out Avira and Kaspersky

what do you people use?

P.S.

it's not for me. It's for a no. of clients. They think that things that are free is junk. So windows defender is something they don't believe in. If I don't install a transparent AV in those PC, they'll go to the store and buy one to make themselves happy

Last edited:
ESET NOD32

IMG_2844.JPG

Reactions: Meeho
like this
Honestly, just using Windows Defender, and common sense, I have been just fine for three years so far. But if you want to give a free trial a go, give it a try. If you decide on a free version for everyday use, read lots of reviews first.

it's not for me. It's for a no. of clients. They think that things that are free is junk. So windows defender is something they don't believe in. If I don't install a transparent AV in those PC, they'll go to the store and buy one to make themselves happy

Then NOD32 + Malwarebytes.

And a fracking NGFW like a Sophos XG to scan all of their shit at the boundary.

:D

I don't run a background scanner.

insted i do

- enable NX bit for all software
- use noscript for my browser
- Scan manually with malware bytes and dr web cure it from time to time.

I don't run a background scanner.

insted i do

- enable NX bit for all software
- use noscript for my browser
- Scan manually with malware bytes and dr web cure it from time to time.

but some web page has to have script to run

anyhoo, what's "enable NX bit"?

no execute bit, no script doesn't necessarily block all scripts, but for set it and forget it clients: it's a nono :)
No matter what anti-virus you install; if you (well your clients) want one with real-time scanning, it can't be "transparent" since it needs to lock the file and scan it before it allows access.

Eset Nod32 for minimal performance impact and good detection.

Script blockers are not an option for normal users as they are a big pain in the ass to manage for each and every site.

but some web page has to have script to run

anyhoo, what's "enable NX bit"?

no script can be set up to accetp script from the main domain automaticall
So if you jump on hardcop.com alle script from hardcop. com runs. but he ones from google does not.
with al lthe sties calling google fir catpchat script its not optimal to use for client's

i missed that part of your OP

You can just import a blacklist on noscript and leave everything else open. Not a big deal at all and would be super transparent.

Allowing first party would still break a decent amount of sites unfortunately.

I use 2 different apps on my customers
Eset endpoint security w/cloud
Webroot ( we just got bought out, so I may move the customer's to ese)

How big are your clients? Maybe you should look into Crowdstrike - my work uses it, we still get calls every month from users complaining there is no A/V installed on their laptop :)

it's just a whole bunch of individual families, they all complain there is no anti-virus that they need one. You tell me Win 10 c/w anti-virus, they don't listen, they go out ot the street and buy one. That's why I figure I might as well get them one

They don't need AV, at all! It's jut they (and many people) can't (wouldn' ever) realize that. The argument about that is just too broad and long and most people don't "have the time" to think.

Back