What are some good PATA Raid cards? (Proven Old timers?)

imzjustplayin

[H]ard|Gawd
I was checking out the 3Ware Escalade, Adaptec 2400a, Promise SX6000 cards but while those cards are CIRCA 2001, I was wondering if I could get a card that has recently depreciated in price but potentially be better/more powerful than the cards I've listed above.

In otherwords I believe I'm looking for a Raid Controller card analogous to looking for a 1/2 year old CAR that has lost a great deal of it's value instead of getting a 7 or 10 year old CAR that hasn't depreciated % wise from 7 to 10 years..

Get what I'm saying?

I love my 3Ware 7500's.
I have 2 of the 7504 (4 ports), a 7508 and my friend is running the 7512. Haven't had a controller failure years of operation.

How do you do a backup of your data with one of these drive controllers? I was wondering because I have acronis True Image Enterprise edition and I just found out it doesn't handle Dynamic Drives but claims it handles dynamic volumes (bullshit) so I was wondering how it would handle a raid drive.

My server's use DFS to replicate to each other. The storage arrays are all RAID 1 or 5 and they're backed up to a DLT autoloader.
I don't use anything 'lower level' than that like Ghost.

ambit said:
My server's use DFS to replicate to each other. The storage arrays are all RAID 1 or 5 and they're backed up to a DLT autoloader.
I don't use anything 'lower level' than that like Ghost.
What do you know about acronis True image Enterprise edition?

Back