what are some good online retailers for buying a laptop?

JC724

Weaksauce
I have 3 questions.

1. I am looking for more credit able online sources for buying laptops (I now of stuff like walmart and best buy, but they don't seem to have a lot of good options). I know about Amazon and Newegg. These are the main two that I shop from.

Anymore good ones? I live in the US.

2. I notice on amazon, you can filter by Computer Upgrade King. They seem to have MSI and ASUS, etc. How is that different then just buying ASUS?

3. When looking on Amazon, I am having a hard time telling if a laptop is upgrade able or even if it is new. They don't always have new on the laptop labels. I mean, I assume it is new if it doesn't say used but is that a good assumption?

If you want the most credible source buy directly from the manufacturers website. Buying from a reseller can always be hit or miss. Particular with Amazon that just lumps all of the different sellers inventories together.

Unfortunately this won't normally net you the best price, you need to decide what's more important.

I buy my laptops from Best Buy, they usually have the one I am looking for, even have versions not available on amazon, they ship the item quicker too.

Costco actually has a reasonable selection of laptops through their website, some good sales, and a very friendly return policy if it turns out you dislike the unit.

or finish your college degree. "i dont need this anymore" "ok" refund, full price. their return policy is awesome and stupid.
or dead trees...

Many years ago Costco changed their return window for electronics to 90 days (still damned generous) to combat this.

Oh yeah: they also extend the warranty an additional year, FWIW.

Go to smartprix and judge the laptops you want from there.
It is a handy service that compares the electronics items according to your choice and then it gives you the best price available for that gadget.

If smartprix does not suit you then you can try its look-alikes that compare the gadgets for you in your region.

Back